Search results

1. r2d2

How to Post a Picture - RS hosted

Hi all. Im having problems with RS image hosting. A message says that file is to large, but is below the 10Mb. Do you know if there is a way to post pics hosted on dropbox? I can copy a link but I prefer to show the pic directly in the thread. Thanks
  2. r2d2

Starting all over again after 10 years dry

Its here! https://www.dropbox.com/s/eaavaqojxt6cb9g/IMG_0891.JPG?dl=0 I'm making a test to share pics via dropbox, as photobucket has become more dificult now its not free. So,aquascaping will be challenging as tank is very tall. I got some live rock, about 20 lb, from the guy who sold me...
  3. r2d2

HELP! Sump level dropping

If water was at right level and you dont have a leak, then more probably is due to evaporation. In that case you just have to add RO water to sump until you reach again correct level. Thing is, you need to be very aware of that evap ratings cause you could have a larger problem in a short time...
  4. r2d2

Sand storm in S 650 new setup

I like that idea of standoffs, thanks!
  5. r2d2

Thanks for your input. Definitely is fine sand, live sand with bacteria, so washing it was not an option. Maybe change all water will discard all fine powder and help to clear it with new water. I told my friend that when rock arrive, we will have to empty the tank in order to make the...
  6. r2d2

Hi all, few weeks ago a friend of mine ask me for help to install and setup his new S 650. After some afternoons and lunch times of work, assamble is complete. Last friday (4 days ago) a fresh water run test was made and everything worked just fine. Buuut.... he is kind of a impatience guy so...
  7. r2d2

LED single unit recommendation for prime day

Same question here... I´m looking for a modular lighting that I can buy gradually to not brake tha bank at first but upgrade with time. My tank is about 60" long and 28" deep, so I was thinking (after reading this thread) on buying 3 AI Prime units, one at a time. What do you think?
  8. r2d2

Looking for opinions on next step for catastrophic beginning

Your RO/DI system will worth every penny. Even with out DI phase, RO water is much better than any other source, even bottled water (Yes, I've done it in past). Sump will be a nice upgrade and better filtration than HOB filter. Bio wheels and SW not a very nice combination. Patience on your...
  9. r2d2

HELP! Beginner looking for feedback.

I think reactors are also optional or for future needs, but not at startup. Congrats on your new project and happy reefing!
  10. r2d2

Red Sea max 250

Congrats on your new tank! As Davek comented, most important thing is chemical filtration, live rock and live sand are the way to go. Prior to add anything live, other than bateria, be sure to cycle your tank. You will need a test kit, patience and more patience, but is worth it. As far as...
  11. r2d2

Thanks all for the welcome. Im very exited and trying to plan ahead everything. My new aquarium will be delivered tomorrow so, almost here! I want to make a nice aquascaping, for corals in future. So dry rock for foundation and main structure and some live rock to kick things a little. 2" Sand...
  12. r2d2

Thanks Davek, actually that was one of my first hard decisions to make, to sump or not to sump. Basically a mechanical filtration with an overflow box in one corner, lots of live rock, large cleaneup crew and low fish population. In my last tank, a biocube, I used a similar scale setup very...
  13. r2d2

Hi all, its been a while since I didnt visit this forums. I´ve been about 10 years dry, I mean, without any tank. Some weeks ago a friend ask me to help him assamble and star a SW aquarium. I agree to help and suddenly all kinds of memories came into place, I look for my old pics of my former...
  14. r2d2

Who's gone to these places?

You have two of those places here in Mexico. It's cheap and you will have a wonderful vacations! Greetings
  15. r2d2

Sump Design Advice

Hi, try lo leave return section as large as you can, that is where evaporation occurs and water level will drop very quick, also you need enough room to handle return pump. Also not sure about skimmer and return pump in same compartment you may have air bubbles into main tank. Greetings
  16. r2d2

New huge volume project, comments please!

Wow, thanks Snid, that's a very close idea of what my friend wants. But definitely I think he is not so conscious about total cost and manly about maintenance routines. A lot of planning and quoting still coming for this project. Thanks all, I'll keep you posted.
  17. r2d2

Thanks. Tank will be indoors and in this area cooling is more critical than heating, that's why an air conditioner for that room will be necessary; although some heating will be needed during some winter days. Does any one has a link or info about structural needs for a project like this? It...
  18. r2d2

Hi all, friend of mine asked me to help him with a huge project he has in mind. As a little background and before you think we are crazy we both have had SW tanks in present and past, so we know all the implications of this idea. Basically he wants a FO tank, large enough to get in with a...
  19. r2d2

New project planning, opinions please

There is a convenient change on this project. My supplier called to ask if I want a wider, shorter tank and I say YES!!! New measures will be 78" long x 20" wide x 27" tall I think it's a way better option cause rockscaping will be easier and light will penetrate better through bottom...
  20. r2d2

New project planning, opinions please

Hi all, after a couple of years dry, mean with no tanks at all, I'm planning to setup a new tank and want to know your opinion on the general idea and planning. This is going to be an island in living room, so it would be visible from one side and other. Tank measures 78" long x 16" wide x...