1. razorvines

Made to order live-rock

Where are you located?
  2. razorvines

Tank Cleaning

Where are you located?
  3. razorvines

Skimmer Suggestions

Anything below $300 is fine by me. I would probably go with the 200 but I will have to extend my sump because I don't have room for it being in sump only.
  4. razorvines

Skimmer Suggestions

Hey everyone, I am ready to upgrade the skimmer on my 125 tall. I currrently have a Red Sea Berlin, but it isn't getting the job done. I have had some recommendations previously of an ASM, Euro Reef, or AquaC. I am considering Eric's Nautilus TE because it is such a good deal and have been...
  5. razorvines

Nautilus TE, Protein Skimmer w/ Pump

I am still interested, I just have to make sure that I have room to fit it underneath my tank. I really need a better skimmer on my 125.
  6. razorvines

Nautilus TE, Protein Skimmer w/ Pump

How tall is it?
  7. razorvines

Red Sea Berlin Skimmer

I really can't complain about the skimmer, it definitely makes a lot of thick nasty gunk. The problem I have had is finding a skimmer that is short enough to fit inside of my stand. So Davek, by removing the original venturi, do you mean closing up the air intake?
  8. razorvines

Fox Face Rabbitfish problems

Yep when they lose their color like that they are stressing or feel in danger. You will notice they raise their dorsal fins which is their protection because they are posionous. My FF did the same thing but they will eventually get used to the tank. No worries it's just their disposition.
  9. razorvines

Red Sea Berlin Skimmer

I am curious about anybody use the Berlin skimmer what kind of pump are you using? I have one with a Mag 3 on it and it does pretty good work. I am really curious about how the Mag 5 with fractionating impeller would do.
  10. razorvines

T5 to LED tubes?

I have been talking to a company in china about some T5 replacements. I plan to test theirs out eventually. I have just been too busy as of late. It is definitely worth looking into in my opinion.
  11. razorvines

UVL T5 V-HOR Bulb

I am going to give them a try the next time I order bulbs. Just kinda seems like a no brainer to me.
  12. razorvines

UVL T5 V-HOR Bulb

Al, What kind of fixture do you have on your 90? I am guessing your tank is probably about the same depth as my 125 tall.
  13. razorvines

UVL T5 V-HOR Bulb

So that would seem like you would get better bulb life out of a VHO bulb not being over driven. Those HOR bulbs are the same price as the geissmans too. Adding the individual reflectors on top of that seems to be a win-win situation. Anybody else have any input to this?
  14. razorvines

UVL T5 V-HOR Bulb

So I could replace my HO bulbs with those? I thought I had to have the VHO ballasts. I have two light fixtures over my 125 right now. A 2 bulb 60" T5 and a 4 bulb nova extreme 48" T5. Neither of them have individual reflectors. I am currently running Geissman 4 - AquaBlue and two Actinic +.
  15. razorvines

UVL T5 V-HOR Bulb

Actually was hoping they had them in just HO but they don't. Of course I would also need them in 60" and that is next to impossible. So doesn't look like I will be trying them anytime soon.
  16. razorvines

UVL T5 V-HOR Bulb

I am glad you clarified what HOR stood for AL..... :smack: I haven't seen them yet, but would like to give them a try.
  17. razorvines

Tough Algae

Will be fine if you stay off of the silicone....
  18. razorvines

Hydor Koralia 3

I need your paypal address.
  19. razorvines

Hydor Koralia 3

I will take it if beachbabies doesn't pay.