Search results

1. squidy

RSM 250 Tank Equipment - Break Down

Aw man I was hoping to see other RSM owners post to this thread. I just received a new RSM 250 (tank only). This means I have to stock all the equipment myself.
  2. squidy

Sight After Eye Infection

Thanks for your help Lee. I will definately stock up on Cupramine For future treatments.
  3. squidy

Sight After Eye Infection

Lee - I just received a small Moorish Idol and put him in QT (30g). He started eating the next day so I started him on Mardel Coppersafe. Two days after he arrived I noticed a single cloudy eye. I gave him another day to see if he would overcome the infection on his own but it appeared to get...
  4. squidy

To scrape or not ?

I have a 110g and have been scraping the back of my tank for 3 years now. Its not too bad if you use your mag cleaner in between scrapings. You can also glue encrusting corals like Monti Caps to the back wall and let them take over. This creates a really cool look. I have found it works best...
  5. squidy

Bowfront Pros & Cons

Thanks for all the input everyone! There is plenty food for thought here. Hubby and I are going to visit the LFS so he can see the tank in person. A huge part of this decision will rest on the price of the tank too. So I will have to get the negotiation ball rolling. Ill snap a couple of...
  6. squidy

overflow design help

Let me know if you decide to go with an internal overflow and drill the tank in the back. I can help you out with a custom size. My 110g has 2 drains drilled in the back about 6" from the top. The overflow measures 12" W x 5" T x 5" D. It takes up very little space in the tank and is super...
  7. squidy

Bowfront Pros & Cons

Actually there appear to be 2 different tanks. The first was a 150g and the second a bit larger. Thanks for sharing the link. The article mentioned Ziovit and Bio-pellets which I plan to read up on.
  8. squidy

Bowfront Pros & Cons

Wow, thats a lot of fish for a 150g!
  9. squidy

Bowfront Pros & Cons

Omg, you guys are evil. Im trying to make a responsible decision here. Lol! It is possible to make a responsible decision in this hobby?
  10. squidy

Bowfront Pros & Cons

Yea being able to build our own cabinet is a huge plus. We are also in the process of framing in a fish room directly below the tank in the basement. I purchase a 75g that I will use for the sump. So that part has a rough plan. One benefit I see to upgrading to a 155g verses something in the...
  11. squidy

Bowfront Pros & Cons

Oh…I am becoming dangerously convinced. :LOL: So heres another question. They have the tank priced at $1000. This includes the plumbing as well. This is only for the tank and not the stand. My husband and I are pretty crafting in building furniture so we would prefer to build our own...
  12. squidy

Bowfront Pros & Cons

Thanks for the feedback guys! Im really hoping the pros outweigh the cons, lol.
  13. squidy

Bowfront Pros & Cons

We would like to upgrade from our 4 year old 110g. We really like the look of a large bowfront and our LFS has a new 155g aqueon glass reef ready for sale. I have received mixed feedback on owning a bowfront and would like to get additional opinions from those who either currently own one or...
  14. squidy

Chaeto algae wanted

I need a large amount of chaeto algae for grow-out tanks. I am looking for soccer ball or larger in amount. PM me with details of what you have. I will email a shipping label if needed. Thanks!
  15. squidy

Deltec TS 1060 Turbo Skimmer for Sale!

Did you buy it new? How long have you had it?
  16. squidy

WTB Large Bowfront Aquarium

We are looking to purchase a large bow front aquarium of 150+ gallons. Please pm with details. Thanks!
  17. squidy

thinking of buying a clam..what to consider?

Welcome to RS!!!
  18. squidy

Hello Reef Sanctuary

Welcome to RS!!!
  19. squidy

First SW tank

Welcome to RS!!!
  20. squidy

Hi everyone

Welcome to RS!!!