Search results

1. nicoleblkwidow

Trip pics Sealife CA and Birch

Figured I would share. Not some of my best work. Next to legoland (obvious with the amount of lego guys in the tanks). Was a little let down, but not really sure why. Maybe cause I couldn't alot of good pics. Guess I needed a refresher coarse on low lighting photography for this place! Image...
  2. nicoleblkwidow

Update video on garden eels

Haven't posted in awhile. Had them 6 months now and they seem to be happy and healthy. YouTube - Garden eels in home aquarium They are in a 45 gal flatback hex with 5 gal live rock/cheato sump.
  3. nicoleblkwidow

Garden Eels

Not sure where to put this post..... Finally able to find some garden eels for our 45g tank. We ended up with 4 of them, looks to be 2 male and 2 female. Three are already buried in their holes and have their territory established within 24 hours. The other male is still trying to find a good...
  4. nicoleblkwidow

45 Gallon sehorse tank

Just some pics of our girls. Smaller is yellow and the larger is an orangish yellow. Both eat frozen brine and mysis! Picture of the biggest one when they first came in..she is now an orangish yellow Will post some other macro algae shots later.
  5. nicoleblkwidow

Feeding Tank raised seahorses

Ok, Have had them (Kellogi, females) 3 days and they don't seem to be eating much. They were supposed to be tank raised and eating frozen brine and mysis. I have tried baby brine, adult brine and mysis. They ignore much of it (I just saw one of them grab an adult brine, horray). There is a...
  6. nicoleblkwidow

Pics of suckling clown

Clown fish and fuzzy shroom. Had to share... not the greatest pics, but not bad for having to be quick.
  7. nicoleblkwidow

Clown fish suckling

No, really! I think she may have been weaned too early! lol I have heard of fuzzy shrooms eating fish, so I was obviously concerned when my female was in it. I was just about to shoo her away when I noticed she was sucking on the tips of the shroom! Suckling on it like a baby. She would...
  8. nicoleblkwidow

Bill HR 669

Please look over this new bill that has been introduced. http://www.pijac.org/files/public/US_HR_669.pdf There are some talking points at the end that break it down. This would cripple the aquarium, reptile and small animal trade. Most species would end up on the unknown list because it...
  9. nicoleblkwidow

45 Gallon Hex

We are working on our seahorse tank. Considering a 45 gall tall hex tank. It is plumbed and will have a fuge. My main question is what size return pump will work? It needs to be enough to get the water in the tank, but low enough flow for the ponies. What does everyone here use?
  10. nicoleblkwidow

Petco Saltwater problems

I will apologize ahead of time if this is forbidden to post on here. I know other forums, who will remain nameless, have rules against posting opinions... This is my final trip to Petco! :cursin: Below is the e-mail that I just sent to the corporate office: I was in the Queen Creek...
  11. nicoleblkwidow

Calling all AZ reefers

Just curious on how many ppl are from AZ on here. Are you members of any local clubs? Where are you located? Size of tank? I will start.... Nicole and Rick FRAG member off of RC Queen Creek 180 gallon tank Anyone else??
  12. nicoleblkwidow

Fragging music video

this was just too funny!! YouTube - Fragilicious
  13. nicoleblkwidow

Removing sponge from coral base

I got a galaxea several months back and it had some white sponge growing on it. No biggie. Of coarse going unchecked it has now weaved it's way through the galaxea and is now smothering some heads. :cursin: I have taken it out and scraped the sponge the best I could twice now. It is now...
  14. nicoleblkwidow

Macro pics (first time)

Have a Canon Reble Xsi and just got the 100mm macro for my b-day. Lots of fun and am working on bracketing and testing what looks best. My next project will probably be the white balance adjusting, but is there anything else that would help get the colors right?? I have tried adjusting F...
  15. nicoleblkwidow

Quick hello

In Queen Creek Arizona. Have 180 mixed reef system and been doing salt for over 3 years now. Just a hello to all and happy holidays!