Search results

1. z nano reefer

New Water Changing System

That seems to be the best new addition ever, My back has just about enough carrying 5 gal. buckets up & down stairs, any way of suppling more detailed instructions, I can't see all the connections & things that would be needed? Thanks, Rick
  2. z nano reefer

Rick's 90 gal Deep Blue Adventure

Ok guys I need your Opinions, whats the best way to move the rock, fish and corals over, the tank is ready!!! and I need to break down the rsm-34 to sell it ...( reef funds??) thanks, Rick
  3. z nano reefer

It took over a day but my tank has H2O now, so now comes my tinkering around with the mechanics of my filter system. Big question the corner in tank overflow set up is making a gurgling noise thru the air hole on top, what can i do , maybe put a needle valve in there to quiet it down? and what...
  4. z nano reefer

Is your MP40 noisy?

Tom, set it at 3/8 even though the glass is .60 mm/ approx. 1/4"? think that will help? Thanks, Rick
  5. z nano reefer

Is your MP40 noisy?

I thought I did maybe I'll check the next pin spacer and see, Thanks,
  6. z nano reefer

Is your MP40 noisy?

Hey, I just hooked up my MP40 and compared to the MP10 it's much noisier, Are they all like that? I adjusted the wet side with the dry not vibrating or anything like that just he motor noise is a lot more than I'm used to. whats up with that?
  7. z nano reefer

My Reef Octopus Skimmer and Reactor arrived today, so I set some time to begin setting it up Looks Like I crammed a lot of stuff in the sump, hope it's ok I like the look of the new 1000 LSSS skimmer hope it works as good as it looks....
  8. z nano reefer

Ok guys, I got my Reactor in and wondering do I fill it with GFO or go with the Bio pellets? whats the advantages of either of these media's??
  9. z nano reefer

Yesterday I Picked up a brand new demo for store use only Vortech MP 40 W for a really great price, Is one enough for the 90 gal tank or do I need another power head on the opposite side?
  10. z nano reefer

Well, It's been a week of ordering things on line, finally ordered my Skimmer after speaking to Jeremy over at Coralvue and I ordered the new reef octopus 1000LS with its improved pump and 3 year warranty. Also ordered their MF 800B Media reactor, and R2 moonlights and a couple of other things...
  11. z nano reefer

Thanks, not sure what to do with the sump, the Eshopp's sump she bought me with it doesn't have much in the way of dividers, so i'm still trying to figure things out with that. As far as lighting is concerned I'm having 2-78 watt LED units with the combination of white & blue's made for me...
  12. z nano reefer

Well, its been 2 weeks since my wife surprised me with a wonderful new tank & Stand made out of Cherry wood. positioned the tank where I want it so I can see it everyday and got it level. Trying to slowly set up the filter and sump, each day a little more work to be done. So now I'm at the point...
  13. z nano reefer

What spay paint can I use

I have my in-take and out pvc tubes on my in tank overflow exposed to where they stand out because their white pvc, can I use black spray paint to make them sort of disappear or thats just a bad idea which can cause potential problems of contamination and peeling off? Rick
  14. z nano reefer

My Wife's the Greatest <3

Hi, and thanks again, on the sump its showing a water level at 5" and the area open is 17" x 12" with a maximum height in cabinet of 27" does that help? Rick
  15. z nano reefer

Thanks thats great, the tanks a 90 gal. & the sump doesn't say buts its the Eshopp's RS-200 which is 30L x 12W x 16H appreciate your help. Rick
  16. z nano reefer

Hey, I'm looking to spend about $250.00 max looking at Eshopps, Red Octopus, ATB, it's going in the sump but I'm confused by all the different ones out there. Rick
  17. z nano reefer

Thanks for the info- whats the difference between a needle/pin wheel skimmer and a recirculating skimmer and which is better?
  18. z nano reefer

Thanks, Steve, Mark,Juan, Joe and anybody else I'm missing, you guys encourage & inspire me in this hobby. Yeah I know my wife's the greatest, who else can say they were totally surprised like I was with a perfect present like that. She really gets me, and it helps being married to your best...
  19. z nano reefer

Thanks Matt, your tanks are amazing, and I love reading your threads... yeah I have the ro/di set up in the basement and religiously change 10% water weekly in my RSM 130 . I try to practice good water management My coral growth in my small 130D have been great and this is what I'll be...
  20. z nano reefer

Thanks guys, what did I get her, 2 dozen red roses and a promise to keep letting her go shopping when she wants to.. Also I work about 60 hours a week supporting 2 kids in college and 4 cars, a house etc... so I guess she appreciates my hard work and realizes that I love this hobby. I have been...