Search results

1. A

Meaning of browned sps ?

Hi guys ! Maybe it will be a stupid question but I still can not understand the meaning of browned sps.Does it mean that the color of polyps turn to brown or the skeleton color turn to brown.Because my green montipora digitata's polyps still look something between grey and green and the color...
  2. A

filter pad and media rack question

Hi guys ! My question is ; when you put a filter pad etc... on to the top self of the media rack , do you completely cover the self with the filter pad or use a smaller piece to have water flow over and around it to avoid flow restriction? A guy from a LFS told me to use a smaller piece to...
  3. A

ati T5 fixture advice

hi guys ! I need your help for chosing the right fixture for my max 130.I want to buy an ATI T5 fixture but I am not sure which one would be the best for a sps dominated tank. 6x24W or 8x24W ? My current lighting is ; 6x24W running by a hopar brand fixture. And I have 3 single bulbs 24W each...
  4. A

need help about the T5 bulbs

Hi guys! Could you please help me about choosing the best color T5 for the SPS corals. The situation is ; I have 9x24W T5 bulbs on my max which are 4 aquascience special (15000K) and 5 aquascience blue ( 22000K) .But the color of the green montipora digitata is still not good.It is something...
  5. A

anyone have invertebrates in the sump?

Does anyone have detrius eating invertebrates in the sump ?
  6. A

best filter pad for the media rack ????

Hi ! I use the tunze 9002 skimmer for a while with the SteveT media rack.Filter pad , purigen and chemi pure ...I will mount the jbj ATO on Monday.The problem is when I use the blue/white filter pad (Rainbow Lifegard Bonded Filter Pad) it cuts the flow to the skimmer and the water level...
  7. A

What ATO are you running in your RSM 130

What ATO are you running in your RSM 130? I have media rack, tunze nano skimmer , chiller pump and a small pump just above the chiller pump all in the back chamber.So what do you recommend. Thanks,,
  8. A

tunze osmolator

Hi ! Is there enough space for the tunze osmolator in RSM 130 ? What I have at back are 1) SteveT media rack 2)tunze nano skimmer (with the original collection cup) 3)chiller pump 4) a small pump just above the chiller pump which I use for my phosphate reactor. Thanks ,
  9. A

Overstocked or not ?

Hi ! I have 1 sixline , 2 ocellaris , 2 snails , 4 conchs , 1 sea star , 2 urchins , 2 cleaner shrimps.And want to add 1 red scooter and 2 cardinals.Do you think that totally 6 fish will be too much or not ?
  10. A

anyone knows what this is?

This red jelly like thing is growing day by day on one of my live rock.It became to this size just in 1- 1,5 month. Yfrog - 29ak.jpg
  11. A

purigen + chemi pure elit

Hi all ! I have a 8 months old max 130 with some live rock and live sand.I bought chemi pure elit and purigen.Can I get rid of the ceramic rings and put the purigen in to the chamber of death and the elit just above the purigen? By the way , should I use all the 250ml of purigen or less...
  12. A

RSM chiller accessory kit question

Hi all! I purchased a teco tr 10 chiller for my rsm 130.And located the pump into the skimmer chamber.and the outlet hose to the heater chamber.I also have a phosphate reactor and it's pump is located just above the chiller pump so the skimmer chamber is very crowded.so I wanna purchase a...
  13. A

Lighting fixture for RSM

Hi all ! I ordered a lighting fixture for my RSM 130. It has 6 x 24w T5 lamps but I will change the lamps with aqua-science T5 lamps. There are 3 different lamps which are special(15000K) , duo(17500K) and blue (22000K) so I wonder what would be the best combination ? and will it be enough...
  14. A

Sand Anemone (radianthus Lobatus)

Hi ! I purchased an anemone which my LFS told me that was a Radianthus Lobatus.I searched the internet but could not find any information about this species. It has been a month that it still hasn't buried itself into the sand. If anyone has an information about it please help.
  15. A

how many pellets per fish

Hi all ! I know that the fish should consume all the food within a min. or two and try to obey the rule.But my question is , how many pellets of food should be given per fish.For example , I have 2 ocellaris about 4-5cm long , 1 sixline and 1 firefish at the same sizes.I feed them with a...
  16. A

missing firefish

Hi all ! I had two firefishes for about a month.I never seen them hiding and there was no problem with feeding.I left my office on Friday and today 1 of them is missing.I checked all the tank including the sump etc...I do not know if it is dead or not because can not see it's body too. 1)I...
  17. A

koralia placement in rsm

Hi everyone, I purchased a koralia nano for my rsm.Could you pls help me where to place it and also where to direct it to get the best flow.By the way , I also have a hydor flo attached to the power head ( the one on the right).And 1 more question is about how to connect it to the power center...