Search results

1. barbianj

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Thanks for the input. I will start a search to find a better panel, of I'll make one. One thing I wanted to add was how well the leftover algae works as a fertilizer. My wife divides it up into two one...
  2. barbianj

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin My ATS has been running for over a few months now. I have two 125 gallon tanks fed to a 100 gallon Rubbermaid sump in the basement. The screen is a single layer 11 x 17 with the lights on a 18/6 timer. The...
  3. barbianj

Looking for Tips on reading the API Copper Test Kit, please!

That is odd that it didn't work. I just finished treating all of my fish with Cupramine - 12" Queen Trigger, Clown Tang, Goldheart, Blueline & Pinktail Triggers, Emperor & Blueface Angels and Green Grass Wrasse. The Pinktail and Queen had it pretty bad, but within just a few days, the ich...
  4. barbianj

Glad you have it worked out. What fish are you treating with copper?
  5. barbianj

1000+ Gallon Display Plywood/Fiberglass Build

Re: 1000+ Gallon Display Plywood / Fiberglass Build A local guy put fishy-themed stained glass panels above his tank. Looked great.
  6. barbianj

Pocket Tazer Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. A guy who purchased his lovely wife

Re: Pocket Tazer Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. A guy who purchased his lovely Oh, man, that was a great description! Do you think you could do it again, only this time, video tape it?!
  7. barbianj

Ich Delima, Please Advise!!!

+1 for Dr. Hank. You need to have an already cycled tank, or filter media, otherwise you will need to do frequent water changes to keep the ammonia level down. IMO, this causes more stress and complications to already sick fish.
  8. barbianj

new trigger

The un-safeness usually comes from eating your inverts and knocking your corals over. Nice Trigger!
  9. barbianj

Re: 1000+ Gallon Display Plywood / Fiberglass Build Does that take into account the heat generated from the MH? I think if you had to start running a chiller, the power consumption would be in favor of the T5's, but you can always decide more T5's or chiller when the time comes. What type...
  10. barbianj

Re: 1000+ Gallon Display Plywood / Fiberglass Build That's a big upgrade, 75 to 1,000! Do you have to do any bracing for the floor, or is your house on a slab?
  11. barbianj

I have heard that the Salifert works well also. With the Seachem, you get a miniscule amount of powder that you dab onto the rounded end of a small plastic stick. Don't use a huge amount on the first test, you need very little. Once you get the reference right, the testing is very easy from...
  12. barbianj

I bet that was a little scary. Either way, the Seachem is much easier to read than the API. Like I said, though, the API tested much lower than the Seachem, which was close to the reference. I would be concerned that your readings were actually low. Like you stated, somewhere between 2.0 and...
  13. barbianj

I went out and bought the Seachem test kit because I could not tell what was going on with the API. The colors are too close together in the range that you need for Cupramine treatment. I added the first dose, which should be about .25, and the API kit still looked nearly clear. Then I dosed 20...
  14. barbianj

New Queen Trigger pics

You are right, I am not looking for another tank mate. She is just under 12" long now and still growing fast!
  15. barbianj

cross hatch released

How has your Crosshatch been doing? Can you post any pictures?
  16. barbianj

Who to add next?

The three triggers you have listed are potentially the three most aggressive triggers. Add an Undy and you may have the top four. A Picasso or Goldheart may work out better.
  17. barbianj

Bluespot on DD

Just on today, FYI.
  18. barbianj

New Queen Trigger pics

Thanks! I have no clue as to the weight of live rock in the tank. There is a HOB filter and a Tidepool sump. The tidepool has a large bio wheel which helps in the bacteria department
  19. barbianj

cross hatch trigger

Did I say that it would be suitable??? I was trying to be nice about it.