Search results

1. kouma

HELP PLEASE..something is eating away my fish

Hi Lee, My environment was good from my understanding. All my levels were 0 and my tank was established for almost a year. I fed my fish a mixture of flakes (formula 1 and 2), krill, and brine shrimp al diluted in water and zeocon. Also I always feed roasted seaweed and occasionally I feed...
  2. kouma

they are all dead..i hate this hobby..everything is okay for months then in one day this BS happens..i am out
  3. kouma

I have lost my emperor and now my blue face is having blotches on its body and swiming weird..PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO TO SAVE THEM..I don't want to lose any more
  4. kouma

I looked at some diseases and it seems like I have Brooklynella. How can I treat that?
  5. kouma

Hello, Recently my tank's temperature rose to 84 from 80 regular and after that some of my fish establish ick, however the size of the white spots was tiny and evenly covered my fishes. I thought since my fish is very healthy and my tank is established with good parameters I should wait it...
  6. kouma

The most beautiful fish while snorkling

THANKS MICHAEL. That's the one!! Now that I know the name i can find countless pictures on the net. Ohh so beautiful, check the below pic. Too bad they don't survive in fish tanks. Do they eat sponges?
  7. kouma

after 1.5 hours of googling, i finally found it!! can someone ID this.
  8. kouma

Hello, Yesterday I saw the most beautiful saltwater angel/butterfly while snorkeling on the reefs of Khasab rocky area in Oman. My heart literally skipped a beat. I would appreciate it if someone can ID this fish from my humble description. 1- I looks like it is either an angel or a...
  9. kouma

Acrylic Help

This cement method is great..i am going to try that :)
  10. kouma

Acrylic Help

this forum is amazing, thx for the great links and hints.
  11. kouma

Acrylic Help

Thanks for the replies. I checked local hardware shops like ACE and here they don't carry weld-on 4 of any weld-on products. Can I use a normal PVC adhesive to do the job. This will not be used to hold water, just act as a cage inside my fish tank.
  12. kouma

Acrylic Help

Hello, I have four pieces of 30cm x 70cm acrylic that I would like to glue together and drill with holes. I have two questions, can I use silicon to glue that pieces together? second, what is the best way to make holes without risking splitting or breaking the acrylic. Thanks!
  13. kouma

Mixing Angels Technique?

Thanks Michael..you have very beautiful angels. In my 200gal I currently have a 10" blue-ringed angel and a 6" koran angel with no problems. My emperor (which is what I would like to add) currently resides in the sump. My first attempt at introducing the emperor resulted in WW3 between the...
  14. kouma

Mixing Angels Technique?

Hello, There is a technique that my LFS suggested in trying to mix two angels of the same size, currently I am trying to mix a koran with an emperor of the same size in a 200 gal. He said to get an acrylic cylinder with 30 cm diameter and the height of my tank and place the cylinder with the...
  15. kouma

Feeding Clams

Hello today I purchased half a kilo of clams (23 clams) to attempt and feed my angels with it. I have read two ways to prepare this, one to freeze them in the freezer to kill bacteria and then take one, thaw it out, open and serve it. The other way is to open a fresh clam, clean the inside from...
  16. kouma

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Hello, I loved your idea and I wanted to implement it, however I didn't want to change the look of my tank or sump, so I did the following which does not require a pump, a bucket, pipes, etc. It uses the...
  17. kouma

White stringy poop

Hello, I recently purchased a 6" emperor angel that is still in QT. After a few days in QT, I noticed it develop ICK and now it is undergoing hyposalinity. However, today I noticed it pooping stringy white stuff. Is this internal bacteria? should I be worried? what can I do to fix? thx
  18. kouma

Marine Velvet - HELP :(

you are correct, it is ick. I won't bother post a picture because with the restrictions on this forum with the picture size you won't be able to tell anything.
  19. kouma

This fish is new, less than a week old. I am charging my camera so I could try and take a picture. At the moment, I will give the fish a fresh water dip and return him back to DT. The QT should be ready by tomorrow.
  20. kouma

but I have seen ick before, this looks different..the dots are much smaller and spread in a consistant matter..I really hope it is ich