Search results

1. thebeast1011

Andy's RSM250

Two islands looks great. Very nice tank. Nice sig Ken
  2. thebeast1011

How often do you do water changes in your RSM?

I do 15% every other Sunday
  3. thebeast1011

Zvejkuse's new RSM 250 tank

Hey Zdenek great looking tank you got there!
  4. thebeast1011

My not so new 130D

thanks did that
  5. thebeast1011

toadstool

I was cleaning my tank and noticed these hoes in my toadstool. I don't see anything in the holes or near the coral that could be causing the holes. The base also looks a little discolored. Otherwise it looks fine all the polyps are extended. Any ideas what could be causing them? Thanks.
  6. thebeast1011

My not so new 130D

Those actually are the polyps there like that because I just cleaned the tank. I am talking about those big empty holes.
  7. thebeast1011

My not so new 130D

Thanks been doing much better lately. I have finally be able to do some maintenance on my tank. I noticed small brown things on my toadstool. When I took them off there where little holes underneath them. I thought it must be some type of parasite so I took them all off. Then I see the same...
  8. thebeast1011

My not so new 130D

Hey Terry. I was actually in a car accident so I have been out of commission so to speak since the end of May. At least my tank has fared well even with my sister "caring" for it lol. I do have a lot of green hair algae.
  9. thebeast1011

Supplementing Calcium and Alkalinity to your reef RSM

When I started my main point of confusion was the red sea marine lab test kit. In the test kit it says you want it to be about 2.5 meq / l (7 dkh). I don't really know that much about alkalinity but I think it has something to do with controlling the ph?
  10. thebeast1011

Are chiller thermometer's accurate?

My hoses are not warm but there not cool either. When the chiller is working properly they shouldn't be much difference in the temp of the hoses. If there was that would mean the chiller is not turning on in till the temp goes way up. I remember when I added my chiller the tank was at 84 and it...
  11. thebeast1011

I would try another thermometer first. If you get the same temp then there is probably something wrong with the chiller. I have read that a lot of the chillers get damaged in shipping. How long have you had it? Is it still under warranty.
  12. thebeast1011

I have the digital one and you have to set the temp of your tank first. Its it the same with yours? As I have said mine never strays more then 1 degree. Maybe someone with the old version can give you some help.
  13. thebeast1011

Supplementing Calcium and Alkalinity to your reef RSM

First what I put in the tank every day liquid calcium once a week essential elements and iodide when needed iron ph 8.1 calcium 400 My alkalinity has always been low at about 5.5-6. I just bring this up now because I never thought it was a real problem. My ph has always been about...
  14. thebeast1011

BIG mistake/lesson #1

These things happen to everyone. I was installing my ato last night. I plugged it in not realizing the hose had come out of the sump and it started pumping water on my floor. Was lucky I was right there and immediately unplugged it. I would definitely get a U-Tube and clamps. Make sure...
  15. thebeast1011

My not so new 130D

Thanks Tammy I had no idea they did that. I thought there must be something wrong with him/them.
  16. thebeast1011

My not so new 130D

I just installed the ato. Looks like it is working properly. I had to mount the hose on the wall of the sump because it keep going into the water and I would get a back siphon. They other night one of my blue chromis came out from the rock work and it looked like he had black marks on his...
  17. thebeast1011

Tank water level

I have only had it running for two days but I have not had a problem with that. When I say less floss I just mean a little bit less. Just enough to not completely restrict the flow.
  18. thebeast1011

Tank water level

I had the same problem. Try using less filter floss. That should fix it.
  19. thebeast1011

Suggestions for a chiller

I think they say it is but with one opening and no fan I would not put my chiller in there. I also have heard it is best to have at least 1 foot of clearance in front and behind the chiller. At least with mine it is so quiet I would rather have it out side then chance it overheating inside...
  20. thebeast1011

caribbean tang in rsm 130- help

I think the min water volume for it is 100g. If you can I would take it back. Will not be to happy in a tank that small.