Search results

1. Bigpapa

180 Gallon RR Tank, Canopy, Stand, Sump $1250obo

Been several years since I have posted on here. But, unfortunately it is time to downsize. My time has gotten spread too thin to properly take care of my aquarium. I have a 180 gallon RR glass tank, canopy, stand and sump. I am the original owner and had it custom built. The overflow is at...
  2. Bigpapa

Temperature Question

Hello All, So I have my 180 set up and running and I am stuck at 79 deg. Not really that far off but I don't really understand why it is remaining at that temp. My house is at 72 and the only pumps I am running currently is the bubble blaster on my skimmer, a mag pump on the return, and a...
  3. Bigpapa

overflow plumbing

Hopefully my last plumbing question......my overflow will have two outgoing pipes and i wanted to try to create it the most quiet as possible. Any suggestions/opinions would be great! If you have pics that would also be great, i just want to try to get this right the first time..... Thanks!
  4. Bigpapa

sump plumbing question

Sooo, this is probably a really dumb question but..... the plumbing going from the tank to the sump, should end above or below the waterline in the sump? I never really thought of it before ut it seems that below would be quieter but for some reason it also strikes me as a potential bad idea...
  5. Bigpapa

Skimmer Opinions

Ok, on to the second portion of my needed opinions. The setup will be 180 gallon and a 45 gallon sump. I want to get a quality skimmer to handle it. I have looked into the Octo skimmers and there are a lot of different ones that seem to cover the same gallon range. The space I have for the...
  6. Bigpapa

LED Lighting---HELP!

Ok, I have read a few of the links on here regarding LED lighting and have seen alot of sites with them for sale. To say I still feel overwealmed would be an understatement. If anyone can lead me in the right direction, suggest a product or sight, hell just put blinders on me so I can go in...
  7. Bigpapa

Tangs

Hello, I currently have a 110 with a single yellow tang(appx 3") and some other smaller fish. I really wanted to add a purple tang but have seen alot of info about them being too aggressive towards other tangs. Someone local is selling a couple of tangs-1 purple and 1 yellow that are about 4"...
  8. Bigpapa

Blenny compatability

Hey, I have a Tribal Blenny(http://www.saltwaterfish.com/Tribal-Blenny_p_4543.html#) and want to get a lawnmower. I can't find anything about their compatability. They would be in a 110 high with lots of rock but I know they are both labeled "bold". Any input would be great!! Oh and I guess...
  9. Bigpapa

Lighting opinions-another

Hello.. Again I am trying to get feedback on possible light options. I found this one but I have never used a DE mh with this kind of unit. Any and all feedback would be great as well as can/should I upgrade the bulbs? I have a deep tank-110 high and need the 250's. Thanks 48" Metal...
  10. Bigpapa

Good Deal

Hello all, I have never used T5 lighting before but from what I read it is pretty close is use to MH's. I know there are benifits to both but the things I am looking at is I want to run cooler than my mhs and my lights are kind of close to the water-about 4-6" due to the canopy set up. I...
  11. Bigpapa

Freshwater Pacu

My wife works for Petsmart and has a pair of Pacus that they are just trying to adopt out. They are about 6" apiece now but will grow very VERY large and need suitable accomodations. They are not looking to sell them but find a good home. From everything I read they will eventually need a...
  12. Bigpapa

Downsize to 110 high? Does this make sense LOL

Just some early shots of my tank. I had a 150 6' tank running but the placement of it as well as a family member moving in made it not as accessable as I would like. So, I found this 110 high tank with just a 4' footprint that would fit in our living room great and as a bonus is tall enough...
  13. Bigpapa

Minimum Distance for lighting opinions

Sooo, I am setting up a new tank in the living room. It is a 110 high(48 7/8 x 19 x 30 3/4). Currently I use 3 250w mh's on my 150 that I am taking down and want to know if: A- are 250s enough for that depth- I was thinking using 2 B- what is the min distance from the water level to the...
  14. Bigpapa

Show Size Blonde Male Naso Tang

With my decision to go to a smaller setup I have to let go my pride and joy. He is about 12" in length and as friendly and healthy as could be. He is currently residing in my 150 and I will not let him go to a smaller tank. I also will not be shipping him. I really don't want to see him go...
  15. Bigpapa

100lb Live Rock-$2.50 a pound (no shipping)

Like stated, I have about 100 lbs of extra live rock for sale but really don't want to ship-I have never shipped something like that and don't think it would really be all that cost effective. I am located in the South Jersey area. The rock has been in a tank until just this week and now is...
  16. Bigpapa

Multiple Tanks for Sale-South Jersey

I am "rearanging" my tank situation and I have a few tanks that need to go as a result. The 3 tanks that are currently empty and ready to move are: 24 Gallon Aquapod with the standard light/no stand-$100 30-40 Gallon Acrylic Bubble tank/stand made by Clarity Plus-I am never really sure how to...
  17. Bigpapa

What am I?

I hate being associated with purchasing without prior knowledge but I just picked up this frag. Any ideas? The guy sold it for 5 bucks and said it likes lower light levels. He gave it a name but I really cant remember. Thanks!!
  18. Bigpapa

Chaeto $10/bag shipped

Its that time again, time to trim. Anyone who needs a bag of chaeto lmk. I ship on mon/tues of each week and probably have about 10 bags worth available. For anyone who hasn't seen me sell it on here before, this is the link to the last time couple times I sold some...
  19. Bigpapa

Another fish list/idea thread....

So, I just setup a new tank in the bedroom. It is about 40 gallons and is a square clarity plus with a bubble front-see pics. The tank water and sand/filter have all been running for a year now in another tank that I shut down. A few questions here.(btw, no coral in this tank) 1- how much...
  20. Bigpapa

Chaeto $10/bag shipped

Its that time again, time to trim. Anyone who needs a bag of chaeto lmk. I ship on mon/tues of each week and probably have about 10 bags worth available. For anyone who hasn't seen me sell it on here before, this is the link to the last time I sold some...