Search results

1. dustypop

Hello from Idaho

Welcome from a fellow Nampa resident.
  2. dustypop

Hello

Well that didnt work. Any suggestions? Im not sure how to upload photos.
  3. dustypop

Hello

1st try.
  4. dustypop

Travel Anxiety.

Thanks Lynn. I have purchased nearly all of my equipment from my LSF. I believe he is very knowledgable and knows my system well. I will also inform him of my departure and duration. I have faith that he will give the right advise to my bro. We will be gone 12 days. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
  5. dustypop

Travel Anxiety.

Thanks folks, I will have feeding amounts, feeding instructions, topoff and skimmer cleaning proceedure written down along with pertainant numbers if he needs help. Food is already premeasured and feeding is simple so not much anxiety there. Just concerned how he will deal with a problem should...
  6. dustypop

Travel Anxiety.

My wife and I will be traveling to Mexico by way of Az. (Az for our sons wedding) for our 20th anniversary. My brother is house, pet and tank sitting. Although I know that he will do his best, I am anxious about the prospect of him having to deal with a problem. My question is should I leave...
  7. dustypop

Hello

Thanks for the welcome guys. 4 T5 retrofits 1 hydor Koralia #4 1 Koralia Magnum #6 Vortex 180 protein skimmer Phosban 150 phosphate reactor not sure of the main pump but it is more than sufficient. I just added the phosphate reactor, the Magnum powerhead and a Sea Hare...
  8. dustypop

Six line wrasse MIA

Bud, I bought a 6 line a while back to help control flatworms. The dealer stated that they can be jumpers. I keep half a folding glass cover just at the back of my tank so he cant jump out. Dusty
  9. dustypop

Help-Skimmer Causing Tank to fill with Bubbles

Re: How do you use the carbon? I simply buy a large enough replacement bag that is intended for an outside filter. I place the bag in the inflow chamber in the sumb and it lodges itself. I think that the key is a large enough bag. I hope I havent been too confusing. :banghead:
  10. dustypop

Hello

A little more info on my setup. I have a 120 gal. reef and fish. Just recently upgraded from a 55 gal. Dusty 1 yellow tang 1 foxface 2 domino damsels 1 yellowtail damsel 2 percula clowns 1 lawnmower blenny 2 peppermint shrimp 1 6 line wrasse several assorted hermit crabs and snails...
  11. dustypop

My yellow tail damsel fight

I have a yellow tail and two domino damsels. The larger domino chases the yellowtail into the liverock and torments the smaller domino. They can be very aggressive.
  12. dustypop

Help-Skimmer Causing Tank to fill with Bubbles

This thread has been very helpful. I am experiencing the same problem with my skimmer due to adding red slime remover. Tomorrow I will replace the all the carbon and do another 20 percent water change. What a great forum! Thanks guys!
  13. dustypop

Hello

I found this site while searching for a solution to a skimmer problem. I hope to be helpful and to learn from the postings as well. Dusty
  14. dustypop

Had to try it . Vertex Skimmer

I recently upgraded from a 55 to a 12 gal system. I purchased the Vertex in-180 and it has worked very well. I have been having problems with red slime and water changes have done little to remedy the problem. I turned of the skimmer and dosed the tank with Red Slime control. The next day I...