Search results

1. shadowdude321

New Tank!!!

dimensions of tank will probably be like 84"W x 18"D x 30"T for the bow in the middle it will stick out 30" rather than 18"
  2. shadowdude321

New Tank!!!

ok well here are the things ive been thinking about so far Tank Size : 230 Gallon Wing Bowfront ~~~~ Acrylic Tank Manufacturing - Las Vegas ~~~~ Sump : Eshopps Wet-Dry Filters WD-300CS (Rated for 200-300 Gallons) Main Pump : Quiet One Pumps Model 9000 (2328 GPH) 2nd Pump for UV...
  3. shadowdude321

New Tank!!!

alright well here is the deal, my wife knows that my equipment and my tank isnt exactly in mint condition and doesnt have the greatest of equipment and knows i would never get myself new things because i dont like spending money, BUT...our first year anniversary is coming up and she decided that...
  4. shadowdude321

Saltwater Tank Restart? Good or Not Good?

This is a Sub-Forum to my previous Forum http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/sw-fish-only-tanks/61928-fowlr-trouble-please-help-all-my-fish-dying.html I think my tank has sometype of infection in it or it parasite or something that has been killing all the fish.:cry1: So what i...
  5. shadowdude321

Fowlr Trouble!!! Please Help!!! All My Fish Are Dying!!!

no painting in this place for quite some time now and no plug in air fresheners either :/ Thank you all so much for replying and helping me out
  6. shadowdude321

not that i know of...i usually just wipe down the tank with fresh water...my trash can is the only thing that is next to the tank but i know i didnt get trash misplaced into the tank
  7. shadowdude321

Thats the thing though is they arent having any symptoms of being sick or anything untill about a day or two before then they swim very close to the sand, bump into stuff and kind of fall over and stuff but thats it...it seriously just looks like they are drunk lol and then they give up and die...
  8. shadowdude321

Oh ok well then ill probably get the 2 or 3 then...still gotta deside...what do you think of that parasite idea? do you think it could be that?
  9. shadowdude321

and also the G-2 and G-3 are supposed to cover tanks way larger than mine... G-2 : 200 Gal G-3 : 250 Gal What about the G-1X? it says it does 150 Gal. ASM Protein Skimmers
  10. shadowdude321

Do you think there could be anytype of parasite or something in the tank? like maybe that is in the rock or sand or sump mud or something?
  11. shadowdude321

do you guys recomend i get any different equipment? and if so what do you recommend
  12. shadowdude321

i know too that puffers have a poisonous blatter or something like that when they die but i got him out of there like right after he died, i came home from work one day and he looked as if he JUST died and then i took him out of there
  13. shadowdude321

Thank you so much for your replies... ok well the fish are just dying not grasping for air not scratching and they are always eating like horses...usually what happens is they are fine one day and then the next morning i see the fish swimming close to the sand and bumping into rocks and...
  14. shadowdude321

Ok, well as you can already tell i have a FOWLR Tank (Fish-Only-With-Live-Rock) and my problem is; all my fish have been dying!!! it is so depressing i just want to get rid of the tank but then i know i will never be able to afford to get a whole new setup again. These are the specs of my tank...
  15. shadowdude321

Help Quick!!!!

ok my stupid mom put the what if the PH is too high...i told her not 2 but apparantly she did...ok well my PH was about 8.0 maybe alittle lower but i raised it 2 high and it got to about 8.6 and so i went to the store and got a PH thing that makes it right at 8.2 and now its back to 8.2 so thats...
  16. shadowdude321

Help Quick!!!!

what happens if the ph is to high
  17. shadowdude321

Help Quick!!!!

well its a baby so ive asked around and looked and researched and i have a 115 gal but they all say its fine...i have just a few friendly other fish...a few tangs...a puffer...clowns dwarf angel but they all leave him alone so i know its not about the other fish in the tank...he is prob like 2...
  18. shadowdude321

Help Quick!!!!

ok i have a blackbanded cat shark and he was perfect until today...he is now curling up in a ball...dragging his head like its 2 heavy for him to carry...keeps trying to swim but lays sideways and sometimes upside down(which is concerning me deaply) i thnk he is dying...is there ANYTHING i can...
  19. shadowdude321

Can you help me figure out what this is???

oh ok well yea that feels and has the texture of a sponge but i didnt know that sponges grew like tenticle things out of it
  20. shadowdude321

Can you help me figure out what this is???

ok i have this thing in my tank and i have no clue on what it is or if its good or bad to have in my tank...its growing on the rock like a polyp (sap looking stuff that spreds across the rock) and has long soft weed things idk how else to describe it....its a pinky white color...ill post a pic...