Search results

1. aftbn

Remove or replace ceramic bio material?

I can validate the benifits of removing the bio filter as I was suffering from cyanobacter all over my tank in the fourth month. I removed all filter media from the back of the tank and vacuumed it out and within a few days all signes of cyano and othe algae were gone and now my tank has been...
  2. aftbn

Experience with Flame Hawkfish in the RSM?

I have a Flame Hawk and he was the last addition to the tank. I had him for 2 months and it only took a couple of days hanging out with the other fish to start eating small pellets. I must say he is quite the character at about 1 1/2" - 2", this fish will sit on a "perch" and watch everything...
  3. aftbn

Surface Skimmer - Now not until January

Just called Red Sea to see if the surface skimmers were in for those of us with the older 130. Now the story is January,.... what's the deal. I have called there 4 or five times since word first came out about the surface skimmer. They have told me every time middle of December, now the story is...
  4. aftbn

RSM 130, 130D and 130C Mods

Re: RSM mods Thanks reefmack, I'll check it out.
  5. aftbn

Re: RSM mods See my gallery for pictures, I haven't figured out how to post pictures to threads yet.
  6. RSM with Refugium and home made over flow

RSM with Refugium and home made over flow

RSM with Refugium and home made overflow. Photos of refugium show white spots are copepods, thousands of copepods.
  7. RSM with Refugium and home made over flow

RSM with Refugium and home made overflow. Photos of refugium show white spots are copepods, thousands of copepods.
  8. RSM with Refugium and home made over flow

9. RSM with Refugium and home made over flow

10. RSM Corals 4 mths frags

RSM Corals 4 mths frags

All corals started as frags except one zoo colony.
  11. RSM Corals 4 mths frags

RSM Corals 4 mths frags

12. RSM Corals 4 mths frags

RSM Corals 4 mths frags

13. RSM Corals 4 mths frags

RSM Corals 4 mths frags

14. RSM Corals 4 mths frags

RSM Corals 4 mths frags

15. aftbn

Mistakes You've Made

While making RO/DI in a five gallon container on the sink counter, forgetting to turn it off until I went to take trash out through the garage under the kitchen and seeing the waterfall and small pond collecting on the garage floor. From that point on never forgetting to make sure the...
  16. aftbn

DSB in the Max

I too am running a refugium inside the RSM stand using a 24 gallon JBJ nano with a DSB. I must say within days, I noticed a remarkable improvement to my main display tank. I was having a terrible time with Cyano and just couldn't shake it. I removed all filter media from the RSM except the...
  17. aftbn

Chiller for 130D

I have a 1/4 Hp chiller and it does the job just fine. I'm in Augusta, GA and setup my tank in August, it was immediatly appearent I needed a chiller as my temp was running well into the 80s at times 85 to 86 degrees. Since I added the chiller I have been able to maintain my temp at a steady 79...
  18. aftbn

ToeSloth's Serenity! RSM 130D

re: ToeSloth's Serenity! RSM 130D Congratz,... Your going to love the RSM, our family has taken so much joy from it. Be patient, it took about four months for mine to really shine.
  19. aftbn

jellies

See this item on Ebay,..... FREE SHIPPING!! Item number: 180314784629
  20. aftbn

Re: RSM mods Added homemade overflow using hang on specimin container with a bulkhead drilled into the bottom and a stand pipe. This feeds a JBJ 24 gallon nano sitting inside the stand under RSM. The return from 24 gallon nano is fed to a chiller then to the tank. The 24 gallon nano is purely...