Search results

1. ToeSloth

ToeSloth's Serenity! RSM 130D

Oh I forgot to mention the skimmer! I have it mounted in the sump and it was really running great for the first time. Funny thing is I needed to stop running it for now so that the refugium stuff I added can seed properly. With a sump the micro bubbles never make it to the return chamber so...
  2. ToeSloth

Here’s an update from this week. Algae Barn order came last night so added the refugium starter kit, it needs directions! So watch videos if you buy it. I also dialed in my XR30 G2 light for 7k (with some minor tweaks) and set it to run opposite the tank lights at 40% intensity. I took a...
  3. ToeSloth

So the problem was really that I was water testing for a failure in the sump so the water was above normal but either way I was able to get a seal on the dosing line holes with silicone grease and o rings. I had everything working but not 100% dialed in. It’s loader than I like in a few areas...
  4. ToeSloth

So after hours of making water and doing the fittings and water test I have found the three holes screw drilled for dosing lines in the return area are drip leaking around the 1/4” screws and no matter the amount of hand only tightening and thread tape I don’t get a seal. The screws nor the...
  5. ToeSloth

Things are going very well! I received my custom sump from Lifereef yesterday and unboxed it...I hope to never see another packing peanut in my lifetime!!!! It has a white bottom with clear front with the side, back and internal panels being an opaque blue I picked out. I think it looks sharp! I...
  6. ToeSloth

Sorry they are so blue! Need to look at some settings to reduce blue and go more white for the photos.
  7. ToeSloth

Acrylic is in and being cut for the sump! I added a few zoas and a lawnmower blenny this past week. Running Red Foundation ABC and the older AB Coral growth and seeing nice incremental results. It will take me forever to go through the A&B in the 500ml bottles on this tank at 4ml increments...
  8. ToeSloth

Yes I’m doing the Lifereef overflow as well with the silencer. Still having the age old problem with the 9001 with micro bubbles and I have tried everything. I will let it run I guess until it goes away or until I get the sump. I have done a bit of maintenance and started dosing Reef Energy A...
  9. ToeSloth

The water cleared up really nice by the morning today and the fish and coral are doing great so far! The skimmer I think is running like it’s breaking in and no matter the adjustments I make it is creating micro bubbles. I ordered a sump today from LifeReef for the RSM and working through...
  10. ToeSloth

I think I’m going to have an acrylic top cut for it - right now I just have snails to watch as I don’t see this clown doing the jump.
  11. ToeSloth

RSM 130 Rescue

Here are a couple of shots from top and side. The water for me is right below the third line in the window. You could or need to go higher or lower as it all really depends on the intake level and what else you have going on in the back chamber.
  12. ToeSloth

Still cloudy and I need to pull the 9001 skimmer to look at my it’s all of sudden just producing so many bubbles into the tank
  13. ToeSloth

First post rim removal post - here are the pics I took along with a bit of advice from my experience. I wouldn’t remove the rim unless you completely empty the tank if you use a hacksaw some sort of razor blades and steel wool to remove the silicone residuals. I used a wallpaper remover which is...
  14. ToeSloth

OK - I finished with all the tasks around 9:15 pm on the list - it was a long day for sure but it turned out well from all I can tell at the moment. I will post pictures in the morning - I took a lot along the way but I will save the 3+ hours it took using steel wool to get the left over...
  15. ToeSloth

Edited: 6 hours in now and removing the calk/rubber sealing around after we removed the rim is taking longer than anything else we have done so far. Reading through threads for what removed silicon the best...Steel Wool and elbow grease are getting it done but it takes time. I'm ready to put...
  16. ToeSloth

Getting ready to start the task list
  17. ToeSloth

RSM 130 Rescue

I have that setup - I will take a few pics today while I'm doing the big clean - the water line for me on the outside is holding at right below three lines down from the top. It's hard to get any really good shots of the float placement relative to the return chamber area though. I think I have...
  18. ToeSloth

Operation "Know it all" Deep Clean - will start when my 19 year old gets up! Make 8 gallons of Salt Walter - in process Prep large tub and 5 buckets - done Layout Towels prep gloves and cleaning equipment in bathroom Move water from DT to Small Tank (ST) Move Black Joker (Clown fish) to ST...
  19. ToeSloth

Getting prepped for a BIG Clean tomorrow as well the final cuts to take the rim off! Will probably end up with a 50% water change as I'm going to rinse and brush off my live rock and clean out the sand bed. My tank reboot was around six years ago and I have never done more than routine cleaning...
  20. ToeSloth

I started the cuts to take the rim off and realized I needed a different tool (mini-hacksaw) to make the inside cuts. I will be finishing the cuts on Saturday as I said above and removing the rim completely. I will also be using the hacksaw and Dremel to cut out the inside of the hood to make a...