Search results

1. michelle9491

Colt coral not looking so good...

It usually is standing up, but today it has fallen over & not opening like usual. Everything else seems fine, zoas, leather, shrooms, toadies. Here are my params and some pics. Anyone have any ideas??? sg 1.024 ph 8.2 trites 0 trates 0 ammonia 0 phos 1.0 calc. 520 alk 11 A week...
  2. michelle9491

Long overdue

Since the name of this forum has changed, I have some long overdue thanking to do to all the members I have bought stuff from. EH1088- zoa frags Soccerbum474- assorted frags Zapconj- powerheads BigAl- xenia frags Bigpapa- gorgeous big lunar wrasse It was a pleasure dealing...
  3. michelle9491

Now what is this????

The green thing growing on my zoa frag
  4. michelle9491

Pineapple sponges taking over

I posted about these a while back for an ID & learned they were pineapple sponges & good for the tank. I dont mind them growing in the tank, but they are really starting to take over this poor zoa frag. They are on the sides & back that you cant see too. Should I remove them and if so what...
  5. michelle9491

is this love?

Sorry for the bad pic, lights were out. I'm bored today, can you tell?
  6. michelle9491

Michelle's 125 gallon is getting a makeover

Hello all, besides my 55 reef, I also have a 125 fish only tank. I used to have a very large v. lion & lime green wrasse, and after a disaster of last xmas vacation, all I have now is a stars & stripes puffer. The tank is pretty boring right now & since the loss of the other fish I've really...
  7. michelle9491

Guess I will admit it, a lion finally stung me!

I have had lions for the last 5 years & only had one close encounter. Just a brushing against my arm that stung just a little. I always had big lions & have just recently got a fuzzy dwarf (my first one), then another one Friday. After acclimating it I was trying to let it out of the bag...
  8. michelle9491

Was just thinking, strange but what if?

What if you were to unexpectedly die, what would happen to your fish & tanks? May sound crazy, but I have been having some health issues & have to go see a cardiologist next week. Which that is scary thought in itself, guess I've been thinking too much lately. If something were to happen to...
  9. michelle9491

Am I the only one that never knew this??

You know how when you use Reynolds aluminum foil it seems to always fall out of the box & you get all mad & try to roll it back up? Well there seems to be 2 tabs on either side that you push in that holds it in place. Did anyone else know that?
  10. michelle9491

Reefing at last, I hope!

Hi all! I've been on this site for a couple of months now researching like crazy before I turned my fish only tank into reef. It's all BigAl's fault! I was perfectly happy with just fish for 5 years until he told me about RS! After running into many problems (high ph, nitrates & phosphates out...
  11. michelle9491

Need camera advice!!

My camera takes decent pics of everything except my tank. The colors are never the same. Just a normal tank shot looks bad or at least doesnt look like the same tank. Actinic shots are impossible w/o flash too dark, w/flash too bright might as well not have actinics on. The camera is a (dont...
  12. michelle9491

What is this gowing on zoas?

I'm not sure if this is something growing b/t the polyps or if it was a polyp. Any info greatly appreciated! Sorry about the bad pic, camera doesnt like close-ups!
  13. michelle9491

Who to add next?

As most of you know, I had to take my lion to LFS due to feeding issues with a wrasse & puffer. Well the wrasse died, lion still at LFS & my stars & stripes puffer is absolutely so lonely & bored I think he's getting depressed! I'm almost 100% positive I'm gonna leave the lion where he is (had...
  14. michelle9491

Vacation disaster again

Everytime I go on vacation a fish dies. Last time (Aug.) it was my grouper, now this time my wrasse. I had the wrasse, a puffer & a lion in my 125. Right before we left I took my lion to the LFS b/c I had been having issues with the puff & wrasse not letting the lion eat. I was scared he might...
  15. michelle9491

What would you do?

In my 125 I have a V. lion, Stars & Stripes puffer & Lime Green Wrasse. The lion has hardly eaten in 2 1/2 to 3 weeks now. The puffer has been with the lion for almost 2 years, the wrasse added a couple of months ago. These too are so hyper & crazy that the lion gets spooked & refuses to eat...
  16. michelle9491

Is this possible???!!!

I just recently decided to go reef. I got some zoas almost 2 weeks ago & my fish are trying to eat them, or at least will not stop picking on them. Is it possible to have fish for too long then never being able to try to start with frags? I have a blue velvet damsel, sabae clown & false...
  17. michelle9491

Can anyone ID this?

This is growing on a small piece of dead coral rubble, or at least I thought it was dead, I have no idea now. It looks like brown algae until you look at it up close. But when disturbed it retracts. It's growing like crazy too.
  18. michelle9491

Problem with overflow, need help!

I got my sump set up today and everything is working fine except for one problem. I am having to use an overflow box. The siphon is good, even tried the "power failure test", but in the sump where the water comes in is like a jacuzzi! The overflow box where the standpipe is is actually very...
  19. michelle9491

"Is this fish spitting at me?" video

This is a Lime Green Wrasse in my 125.
  20. michelle9491

Help me decide a damsel's fate!

I have a 55 going reef this week, first addition will be zoas. There is a black velvet damsel that is around 4+ " in the tank. I have been reading & seems that it would not be reef safe, unless I'm wrong someone let me know. I've had this fish for probably around 4 years. I know everyone...