Search results

1. A

Red Sea S-400 lighting

Hello I have a red sea max S-400 and looking to change my lighting. Anyone remove redsea light canopy and mount something else. If so pictures would be great.
  2. A

HELP! Adding Atinic to S-400

All I have a Red Sea S-400 with 3 AI 26 lights in the canopy. Been reading that adding a Atinic can really help in low level of the tank. Any ideas how one might accomplish it. I was thinking of adding a reefbrite and basically Velcro to canopy.
  3. A

Help Stony Coral dying

No really sure what to look for. Nothing jumps out. What sort of bite marks
  4. A

Help Stony Coral dying

Calcium 406, Alk 9.25, mag 1270 More readings points to RTN or STN.
  5. A

Help Stony Coral dying

I appear to be having Stony Coral Tissue attack by stony corals. Started about two weeks ago when I noticed all of a sudden my of my Stony corals that had been healthy for years was dying. Each morning more of the coal was turning white. over a course of about a week I loss most and finally all...
  6. A

Low absorption

Photo of tank
  7. A

Low absorption

Attached is picture of tank and light settings. I have 3 Hydra 26.
  8. A

Low absorption

Hello I have a 100 gallon reef tank. Although my corals look fine they don’t seem to grow much and my absorption of calcium and Alkalinity is low. Presently they reading are Cal 425, Mag 1330, and Alk 10.25. All measure via trident and Cal and Alk reading confirmed with Hanna. Lights is 3 -...
  9. A

Red Sea ReefLed 90 vs hydra 32

Thanks, You do make a really valid point. I guess I spend too much time drinking their cool aid. Any idea what the life expectancy of Hydra 26.
  10. A

Thanks, I too am happy with the 26 but from the early reviews of the 32 they are vastly improved. In my case one big advantage to the 32 is they have the same form factory and use the same app so changing in theory would be a breeze. But if the Red Sea is a much better product I would be willing...
  11. A

All, I am looking to replace my existing lighting on my Red Sea Max S400. I presently have the hydra 26. I am debating between the new Red Sea ReefLed 90 and Hydra 32. I have not had any real issues with the 26 but from what I read there has been lots of improvement with the 32. Anybody have...
  12. A

HELP! White spiderweb floating in reef tank

Thanks not sure as the filament stuff is floating in tank and I don’t see anything. I thinking it’s a reaction to a coral I pulled out about a week ago as it start right after that. But will look and try to post a picture.
  13. A

HELP! White spiderweb floating in reef tank

I have a string line white filament/ spider web floating in my tank. Water is clear and coral seem happy. Alkalinity is 11.3, calcium 395 , mag 1350. Any idea what it is and how to get rid of. I recent removed an over grown coral and was wonder if it’s a stress reaction by the remaining portion...
  14. A

Cloudy water

Thanks for the recommendation. Looking at it closer last night I am perplex on exactly what's going on. I would assume if it was a Calcium precipitation issue I would see a coating on the rocks, which I don't. If it was an algae issue I would see a build up of algae on the rocks also, again...
  15. A

Cloudy water

Its actually very high (too high) and my first theory was precipitated Calcium but based on what I could find it doesn't look like that what it is. I certainly could be wrong. I accidently set my dosing amount too high while out of town. I am bring it down slowly now
  16. A

Cloudy water

Actually interesting you would say that. As I mentioned I did just swapped out the carbon but I have always used Chem-pure and it came in its typical canister. This time I order a large quantity and it came in a big plastic bag with the smaller bags inside. I would assume not an issue but it...
  17. A

Cloudy water

Thanks, Just changed the carbon about a week ago. So don't think that is it.
  18. A

Cloudy water

I have a well establish tank and all of the sudden the water is not clear. In addition, I have noticed on some of the LPS that there is film like material (clear transparent almost like lint) hanging off the coral. Coral look fine. I'm am in the middle of resolving a running away doing pump...
  19. A

RSM S400 Skimmer

All, Purchased the new RS RSK-600 Reefer skimmer for my RSM S400. When I went to install I noticed that the old C Skim is sitting on a shelf. Per a responds for customer support I left the shelf in and placed the new Skimmer on top. The problem I am having is the water level isn't high enough...