Search results

1. D

Injured p.clown

Hey Lee, Could you please be a little more specific about what is 'abnormal' about their relationship? As for not adjusting to tank life, she was one of my first fish and has always been active and consistent in her behaviour until recently. She has always eaten well, and has not been timid or...
  2. D

Injured p.clown

Hi Lee, no the fish has never been treated for Brooklynellosis. Her interaction with the male was, non-descript. ie they just hung out together near the bta all day. Now, during the day she hangs out behind the rocks at the back of the tank, and sometimes comes back to the bta when the...
  3. D

Injured p.clown

Hi Lee, thanks for your time. To answer your questions, Yes, she's hosting 2 btas (she randomly choses which) Its a 3' tank I say she's a female, because she is one of a pair, and the larger of the 2. I've had the couple for about a year. she's about 4 cm from nose to base of tail...
  4. D

Injured p.clown

Hey all, A few days ago I noticed that my female clown had stopped eating and was moping around the same spot in the tank all day. She still moves to her 'nem at night, but during the day hangs out in one spot under an arch. I have noticed some discoloration on one of her flanks, and I was...
  5. D

Using silicon in a "wet zone"

Hahaha... I'm actually in Australia, if thats 'east' enough for you. :) I wasn't suggesting I wait 10 minutes, and the silicone I have (which is aquarium safe) says cure in 2 days, FULL cure in 1 week. I was just wondering whether i have to wait the full week or whether the 2 day cure is...
  6. D

Using silicon in a "wet zone"

Hey all.... I'd like to add a baffle extension to my sump/fuge. The extension is to make one of the walls higher than it currently is. In order to do so I need to stop the flow over this wall.... Not really an issue here. So I turn of the pump and let the water settle below the desired joint...
  7. D

Big bully

Ok... Its a 55g reef aquarium with a 15g fuge/sump. Livestock are: 2 osc clowns 2 bta's (original one split) 1 chromis (victim) 1 coral beauty 1 hippo tang (bully) 1 cbs lots of live rock, places to hide etc. I use NSW and all water parameters are 'optimal'. cheers
  8. D

Big bully

Hey all, I've had my current 5 fish in my tank for over 6 months now, with no recent additions. Up until now, all fish have got along 'swimmingly' (excuse the pun) Just in the last couple of days, i noticed my green-blue chromis was missing, and after a quick search, found him sulking in a...
  9. D

half a 'nem

So, an update.... I left the puddle-o-nem in the corner of the tank, and now several days on, although it still doesn't look great, it has started to inflate a bit, and seems to be attached to the LR! Looks like I may end up with a new 'nem in my tank! The larger part of the nem seems to be...
  10. D

half a 'nem

it is a koralia-copy power head. I was under the impression that these were fairly 'nem safe, but I guess I was wrong :( So I decided to risk it and give the 'dying' section another 24 hours, and it seems that I may have been wrong. The section seems to be holding together and has retained...
  11. D

half a 'nem

I just had the thought that I could syphon him out? Good idea?
  12. D

half a 'nem

Hey all. one of my 'nems had a run-in with a power-head yesterday. I pulled him out, and he was in bad shape. I put the two mushed up pieces onto a piece of LR and both gripped on, so I figured I'd leave them to try and recover. 24 hours later, and one half is looking ok, and I think will make...
  13. D

Lost a claw

Hi all, I've had a cbs in quarantine for the last 6 weeks and was about to introduce him into my DT when he got into a tangle with the base of the powerhead in the QT and ended up ripping one of his claw arms off. So my question is, shall I wait for his arm to grow back before introducing him to...
  14. D

what is this...help?

Don't worry... they're cyclic... they will only grow to the population your tank allows... you would also be suprised at what eats them. Most fish will, given the chance.
  15. D

How often to CBS molt?

well that doesn't quite fit with my situation... I've been a bad boy and havent changed the water in 3 weeks... I was about to change it when I noticed the molt happening. I changed the water immediately after.
  16. D

How often to CBS molt?

Hey all, I've had a CBS in my QT for about 5 weeks now, and last night he molted for the 2nd time! Just wondering how often they molt? cheers
  17. D

Cant tell if cleaner wrasse is eating

Poor little fellow swam up to the reef in the sky last night... RIP cleaner-wrasse...
  18. D

I think perhaps I left it a bit late... He is getting quite lethargic now... still won't eat anything I've given him. I may make a brine hatchery tomorrow and try some live food. I saw a cleaner wrasse in the lfs today, and by comparison, mine is very emaciated. :(
  19. D

Hey all... update... I'm pretty sure he Isn't eating. I had a good look at him today, and I rekon he's really skinny. I've tried feeding him: Brine shrimp, baby brine shrimp, blood worms and mush. None seem to get him going. There are also plenty of 'pods in the QT Can anyone suggest what I...
  20. D

He is in a quarantine tank, his only companion being a coral banded shrimp (purchased at same time from same tank). To be honest I can't tell whether his belly is pinched or not. He got quite ill due to bad water quality in my qt, when I first purchased him and I thought he was dead meat...