Search results

1. M

A Picture A Day......

Couldn't decide sorry....Second is obviously taken by my brother in law with much better photo skills.
  2. M

Cleaning Rock . .

Couldn't have said it better myself. I did just that with most of my rock. I had really hot water, added bleach. Soaked a day. Rinsed with water a few times. I even used some of the chlorine remover for tap water. I soaked it in a bucket of that, then had it on my deck in the sun for 4...
  3. M

So What's The Deal With These LEDs?

I'm pretty sure a saw a link for the LEDS that are used at a major aquarium. It showed how the LEDs replaced the MH, not only did they replace the MH the light penetration difference was incredible. This was from atleast 25,30 feet above. Ill have to search around for it.
  4. M

clicking!!!

Did you add any frags? I found a tiny tiger pistol shrimp on a frag rock. I heard the clicking for a while as well. I took the frag out to cut the rock because it was larger and when I did so out came the shrimp. I placed him back in the display and now my pair of fire fish paired with him...
  5. M

1000+ Gallon Display Plywood/Fiberglass Build

I just watched the video, I love how natural everything looks. The little caves and holes are perfect. I would be in that thing all the time. I was looking at your overflow. Is the grate removable? I would think it would gunk up quick, if removable you can take it off hose it and throw it...
  6. M

lighting

If this guy has BANK...we need to know the high and low price range you have to work with for the lights. That will allow us to consider spread, amount of lights, type of lights. Plus I know we are are all curious.
  7. M

Photo Piracy

Woodstock, now that its been mentioned about the photos....I was wondering, I'm thinking about getting some amazing reef pics and such for my fish room. My dad's birthday is coming up and wanted to print out a few amazing pics to frame and hang up in the fish room to surprise him. If I was to...
  8. M

The refugium/ mangrove/ seagrass tank has arrived!

I love the look of the tank. Very clean, I can't wait to see the different plants that are going in there. It is hard to see with the pic but did you leave enough room on the sides to get in there with a mag float or razor. It will make a HUGE difference down the road.
  9. M

Take the oath, "I will buy only farmed clowns"

Great debate been following along, I see the great points made by both parties. Just wanted to let you know that the one page you posted does not help your argument much, it has a $25,000 clown that looks like crap compared to the ones you posted. We wont be buying that any time soon.
  10. M

Check It Out! Aqua Scaping With Racks

Are there any updates on this? In the tank with water and corals mb?
  11. M

Penny Auction site for the reef

I just did the math...If one person "bids" 1 cent and the next "bids" 2 cents and the next "bids" 3 cents.. you would have just made 6 cents in only 3 "bids"...you will make some serious cash if the "bids" are final...there will be no issue about making the price of the product. its almost like...
  12. M

125 upgrade/ build

Really nice setup; im in the process of setting my 125 as well. I'm however a little concerned with the way your sump is set up. The way the pic looks it seems the 55 is just resting on the (2) 2x4's...i would be worried about the ends and the middle of the tank not being supported; but mb...
  13. M

check valves

im with you Dave, not much experience with the check valves or the y but i did just place a small hole in my locline return line and it works perfectly. I turn off my power to clean my tank check to make sure all my levels are still correct and I turn the power heads on. The flowing water...
  14. M

Adding rocks to tank

id either boil it, rinse it through really hot water for awhile, make sure you get all of the dead stuff out, then just add it to the tank. No need to sure it really since its dry rock now anyway, there wont be any die off if there is nothing on the rocks.
  15. M

bubble inside frogspawn head

mine does the same thing, deff spliting, watch out for stray heads floating around if you have other corals in there cause it will sting them.
  16. M

What's your favorite fish food?

are we talking frozen food, flake food, freeze dried, pellets?
  17. M

New Additions!!

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/mikev15101/P1180358.jpg?t=1232298254 Was told he was a colt coral, but were are unsure because of the coloring, also has two brown tips on the left.?! http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/mikev15101/P1180363.jpg?t=1232298352 Also a Leather...
  18. M

Some recent new additions since I last post

Picked up this coral at the LFS the other day. Was told it was a colt coral but we are unsure since of its coloring. Also there are a few dark brown spots on the left of it. Any Ideas?! another shot Also picked up this nice peice of leather.
  19. M

Nitrite from salt mix?!

I noticed that my q tank was showing signs of nirtite of around .25 in my tests. My main tank was showing zero and about an hour after i changed 30 percent of my q tank water with my salt water mix, the nitrite was still .25.:turntable I then thought heck ill check my R/O water mix to see if...
  20. M

Fire Shrimp Eggs?!

I saw the other nite that one of my two fire shrimp was looking rather plump. I looked under his thorax and saw what i was almost 100 percent sure were eggs, they were all over under his tail area. Wasn't really planning for them but it happened. Any one else have this happen to them, if so...