Search results

1. C

Tiger Pods 4oz Bottles

I'd also be interested if you still have em :)
  2. C

just brought my Copper Banded 'fly home

You could also try Hikari bloodworm....I've never seen a CBB pass these up...
  3. C

Palau Neon Green Nepthea

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/38640-corals-rsm-pictures-comments-successes-failures-new-additions-etc.html theres a pic of one here
  4. C

Palau Neon Green Nepthea

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the frag?
  5. C

Palau Neon Green Nepthea

Recently was offered a frag of one of these corals as a trade. I wasn't able to find much info on these corals with regard to their difficulty and care needs etc although they are purported to no longer be in existence in the wild. Anyone have one of these and can you point me to any further...
  6. C

Help!!! Hammer Coral - Receding Tissue

I'm not using salt, I use filtered sea water that I buy from the LFS for 99c a gallon. Much easier than mixing salt... The hammer is still hanging in there..running a couple of bags of carbon and changing out every 2 weeks seems to be helping. Think there was some chemical warfare going on..
  7. C

Thanks unfortunately I don't have that book....after a WC levels are looking better. However the tissue coral is still receding at an alarming rate. It has now receded all the way up the side wall of the coral. No loss of zoozanthelle though... I'm running 2 bags of carbon in the sump incase...
  8. C

Acan colonies and other corals for sale

so is the site not updated as stuff gets sold? I was thinking about the green birdsnest colony
  9. C

Have a Green Wall Hammer that I've had for about 4 months. I noticed around the start of the new year that it had a couple of small areas where the tissue had receded up the skeleton a little.... It been growing like crazy and I thought it may have just been due to that In looking at it today...
  10. C

Acan colonies and other corals for sale

Link seems to be broken, getting "site error".
  11. C

Do I add another Overflow? Switch to Flexible Hose? Both?

Reef the pictures above are of my sump...my overflow is quiet as a baby....it's Jordan thats having the problem with noise :)
  12. C

No kinking issues at all. 1" and above vinyl tubing is some pretty tough stuff. It will also harden up and become less pliable over time. It can be undone though by soaking the tubing in hot water in the sink.
  13. C

Interesting Find

I also noticed that the max size is 2 1/2" yet the one they have for sale is 3 1/4" which is almost 30% larger.
  14. C

Water Change Equipment

I think there's something wrong with the math here. In theory you should be at 22.5% of residual nitrate after all those water changes. *starting level Nitrate = 100ppm 1st change 90 gal or 50% total water volume *Nitrate now = 50ppm 2nd change 18 gallons or 10% total water volume...
  15. Overflow

Overflow

16. Sump

Sump

17. HOB Overflow

HOB Overflow

18. C

Jordan it would really be helpful if you can provide more info on your plumbing set up - a picture or diagram would say 1000 words! It could be that you're having turbulent flow or trapped air that is causing the noise...each may have a different solution without necessarily switching out...
  19. C

Sea-Lab 28

Planet Reef I share your sentiment exactly. There must be a specific element (My hunch is maybe Calcium) in which is the control for the elements in the block to enter into solution. As for flow I'm sure this does have an effect as the instructions state to place it in a low flow area, but I'm...
  20. C

Cabbage Leather for trade (SF Bay Area)

Have a 4" cabbage leather for trade. 3rd generation captive bred coral that is super hardy and a pretty fast grower. I have several of these and would like a little more variety in my tank. Would prefer to trade with someone local to the SF bay area if possible.