Search results

1. T

Zoa eating Nudi

This is what they look like(bottom left): This is what they do: There is now 1 less zoa eating nudi in this world.
  2. T

My Picassos

These are my favorite 2 and will be the ones left to pair off in the 150. You can see one is a little camera shy.
  3. T

Drilling a Glass Tank

It's a lot easier than I thought it would be. All it takes is a steady hand, a little water and patience. This is my frag tank(seen here: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/38867-my-45g-frag-tank.html ) To start the saw without marring up the glass, I started with...
  4. T

Lighting Requirements

I have noticed that there are tons of hearsay and inaccurate opinions on lighting requirments for marine aquariums. Simply put any lighting can work well for your tank depending on what you plans for the tank are. It does not matter of you want to use PC, T5 or MH. It's all about the PAR...
  5. T

My 45g Frag tank.

It's a 45g tank that measures 36x24x12. It's going to be drilled and will run with a 65g sump undernether using a mag7 for return duties. Intank flow is handled by a seio and a k2. Aproximately 2000gph of total intank flow. With the pump placement, I have high flow along the front anf back of...
  6. T

Dual 400w MH

Enclosed dual 400w ballast with individual on/off switches. 2 14K SE bulbs 3 Muguls 1 L Spider reflector 1 S Spider reflector( beat up but can be used ) $175 shipped including paypal fees! Not warmed up, just on to show everything works. I went with a 3 bulb 250w setup.
  7. T

FS: Pacific Coast Chiller

CL650 1/4hp chiller. Has the built in controller for a heater. Stock photo: Digital dual stage control with 2 degree F differential. Allows control of a heater, plugs into back of chiller. Titanium heat exchanger. db rating 42 Water flow 600gph minimum/1000gph maximum. Hose...
  8. T

AquaC EV400 skimmer

I have this skimmer in my sump right now for the 150. I think it's just too much for my setup. I have it fed by a mag12 which will be included. $365 shipped in the cont. U.S.
  9. T

Maturing

The juvenile starts the next stage. I had no idea she was a Gold Striped Maroon.
  10. T

Tony's 150

This tank popped up on a local forum as a smoking deal. It's an Oceanic 150 Tall. Measures 72"L x 18"W x 29"T and has dual over flows. It has an oceanic sump underneath. Lighting is provided by 4 160w vhos. The skimmer is an Aqua C ev400 ran by a mag 18. Returns are fed from a mag12. In tank...
  11. T

Tony's 120 upgrade.

This hobby is one that will quickly overtake you if you are not careful. I like so many others...was not careful. I started in this hobby a little over 2 years ago with a 30g setup I bought from a buddy. It was quickly upgraded to a 55g and I was content for about a year. Realizing i needed a...
  12. T

My Custom 6g Nano

I was going to try yo do everything myself but decided to have the tank made by a local acrylic place just to be safe. It took about 5 days to get the tank: Using scrap wood and a single coralife fixture, I wanted to test everything out. Much to my wifes chagrin, I built it in...
  13. T

Brand Newbie.

Tony here from Oklahoma! A little over 2 years in the Marine hobby. Had various freshwater aquariums over the years. We have a 120gDAS in the bedroom along with a 150g Oceanic in the living room and a 6g nano that I built. My wife has a 55g and a 2g nano at her business. The 150 is...