Search results

1. new reefer 03

How much would you pay for my set-up?

I'm sad to sell it but, I dont take good care of my aquarium anymore, it takes up space, and i could use some extra money to put into my new truck. how much would you pay for my set-up? i'll be l isting it on craigslist soon, and im unsure on my asking price. 55g glass tank stand 4x65W PC...
  2. new reefer 03

Getting rid of Bubble Algae.. Foxfaces help?

i went to my LFs to get some emerald crabs, but they were $10, so i left with one :) i also asked her if anything else ate bubble algae, and she said foxfaces do too. is that true?
  3. new reefer 03

Bkuezooaquatics coupon codes?

does anyone know of a working code for 15% off, or somehting like that? i looked on google for awhile, but they all were expired.
  4. new reefer 03

do emerald crabs eat bubble algae?

i thought they did, and i used to have alot of them just because they looked cool. not i am having a lot of red buble algae pop up, and i need it gone. it looks horrible. i just wanted to make sure they ate it, before i ordered alot of crabs lol. Also, how many would you recommend for a 55...
  5. new reefer 03

Tribal blenny and a Lawnmower blenny?

we moved about a month ago, and since then ive been having what looks like hair algae grow on my glass. its not a lot, but i would rather not let it get to the point, where i need to do something. i already have a tribal blenny, and i had it before we moved but now that the hair algae is coming...
  6. new reefer 03

personallywould you rather have a 28g Biocube, or a 55g set-up?

some of you might remember me.. lol. i currently have a 55g set up with a oscellaris clownfish, tribal blenny, and six line wrasse. i also have alot of coraline covered rocks, a few different types of corals, and obviously sand. were moving to a house we're building in late april / early...
  7. new reefer 03

OT: what is the google (or any) program that let's you make a room design

We are building a house and it will finally be done in a couple of months. I wanted to plan out my room and see what all I can put in there. I remember seeing someone plan out their tank (Jeremy I think) and it was a nice to scale model. Does anyone know what program that was? :D
  8. new reefer 03

LFS's near destin, miramar beach area

Any one know of good lfs around here?
  9. new reefer 03

Fast answer please: how long will a 55g reef last with no power?

Something is messed up and only half of our house has power, unfortunately my room is one of the roomsc without power. How long will my tank last without any movement? Some corals are already sliming. :(
  10. new reefer 03

OT: best free anti virus protection?

i wa just wondering if anyone is using a free anti-virus software. i would rather be safe, than sorry. ive been hearing about alot more computer crshes so now im motivated to get something. my computer (XPS 410) has norton virus protection, but only a trial and i haev already used it. i dont...
  11. new reefer 03

all of you bluespot wanters check this out...

Blue Spot Jawfish - Opistognathus rosenblatti 50% off! i would buy one, but i dont want $75 to carpet surf :doh: thought i would share the find
  12. new reefer 03

New Nova Extreme vs. Nova Extreme Pro

whats the difference? the only thing i can find is that the nova extreme pro has 2 more bulbs. i would be looking at the 48". Pro Aquarium Lighting for Reef Systems: Current Nova Extreme Pro Saltwater T-5 Fixtures Regular *New Edition* Aquarium Lighting for Freshwater and Reef Systems...
  13. new reefer 03

Switching sand beds. will this cause a cycle?

i've been getting more serious about a bigger tank, and when i get my big tank i have many hopes. one includes to treat my fish of ich, and QT all new inhabtants. the other is do have a sand sifter (BSJ). in order to have one of those i came to the conclusion that i need sand small enough for...
  14. new reefer 03

If you are looking for some nicely colored zoas...

go to Buy Saltwater Fish - Marine Fish, Salt Water Aquarium Fish, and Tropical Fish from BlueZooAquatics they have some bright zoas in, and are fairly cheap. i just bought a 3-4" Halloween zoo
  15. new reefer 03

Zombie Eye Zoas / Fire & Ice Zoas.

hey, im just wondering how much 3-4" of these may be worth. the price im looking at right now seems a little pricy, but they are rare... just wanted your opinion before i let this deal go. Thanks not the actual colony, just what they look like.
  16. new reefer 03

Astrea vs Margarita vs Nerite Snails... which is better?

ok, well i am putting an order in at bluezoo, and they are out of the snail i really wanted the nerites. the seem like all 3 of these do the same thing, but the nerites lay eggs. which one is better long term? the rush is there is an awesome coral that they rarely get in that i want in my tank. lol
  17. new reefer 03

Extending the stalk of a FrogSpawn??

can it be done? i traded one of my Xenia frags for a frogspawn locally, and the stalk on it seems to be extremely short. is there anyway i could glue something to the bottom of it, to extend it? if so what, and also could i use super glue, or some kind of silicone ? Thanks
  18. new reefer 03

Which Tang is better off in my tank ?

first off. I KNOW 55G IS TOO SMALL FOR A TANG to be happy long-term, but i will upgrade soon... i currently have a 3.5"-4" YEllow Tang. i am looking at getting rid of it for a 1"-1.5" purple tang. which one would be better in my tank? i plan on upgrading teh size once i find a good deal on a...
  19. new reefer 03

Coral Dips. which one is better?

Reef Dip Reef Aquarium Supplements: Brightwell Aquatics Lugol's at Drs. Foster and Smith which one would be better for disinfecting corals of any crap ( disseases ) that may travel with them? my tank is already ichfected, but i would like to reduce any more crap. also they would be...
  20. new reefer 03

anyone have this electronic tester?

Aquarium Water Quality & Testing: Hanna Instruments Testers my dad and i are looking into getting accurate readings, and i was wondering if any one has this, and likes/dislikes it. looking at this model. does the "TDS" measure nitrates, nitrates, and ammonia?