Search results

1. Mister Chips

Current-USA Outer Orbit Lamp Replacement Time?

Great info Al. Thanks!!!
  2. Mister Chips

I also am not too happy with the 'stock 10k' yellow color. What do the numbers mean? 10k, 14k, 20k? Does the higher number produce more heat?
  3. Mister Chips

Last July I added one of these babies to my Red Sea Max. (Love it): Current-USA Outer Orbit, 1x150Watt MH, 2x24W T5 HO 420, 2x24W T5 HO 460, 6 blue/6 white LED A year has gone by so I am thinking it's time for new lamps? Any lamp upgrade suggestions? Thanks!
  4. Mister Chips

RSM (Red Sea Max) Owners Club

I love the Flame Angel, one of my favorites. Good luck with him! Let me know if he's a nipper, mine only lasted 3 weeks before his demise from ICK.
  5. Mister Chips

Thanks to you both!
  6. Mister Chips

Hey Reefmack, Got my new light. Looks great!! How long do you keep your MH on for? I am afraid to shock my reef by jumping into some intense lighting. Am I correct in worrying about sunburning anything?
  7. Mister Chips

Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

Great tank DoubleDuece!!
  8. Mister Chips

Yeah since the wipe out of many fish (see my edited post) I am into the inverts and corals for a while. I actually like the corals that's one reason for the big $$$ upgrade on the lighting.
  9. Red Sea Max 3-Months

Red Sea Max 3-Months

I lost a Royal Gramma, Maroon Clown, Flame Angel and recently a Chocolate Clown from ICK or Brook. Not really sure what it was but it was a good learning experiance. Now I have a 10 gal QT tank I will be setting up in 6-8 weeks after running fallow for a while.
  10. Red Sea Max 3-Months

Red Sea Max 3-Months

My lonely fallow tank.
  11. Mister Chips

Ahhh.... ok. Done!
  12. Mister Chips

Here is my new setup. Recently re-scaped after a tough learning experience. I lost a Royal Gramma, Maroon Clown, Flame Angel, Perc Clown and recently a Chocolate Clown from ICK or Brook. I think it all started from the Maroon Clown but not really sure what it was. Now I have a 10 gal QT tank I...
  13. Mister Chips

Which thread?
  14. Mister Chips

Cool. Good to know. I just ordered the 1070 model (same as yours). I am looking forward to the new lighting. I just really like the look of a topless tank. I don't plan on a ton of fish so hopefully I will have some good luck also with jumpers. I'll have some pictures up soon.
  15. Mister Chips

Thanks for the valuable info! How do you fish stay safe without a top? No jumpers?
  16. Mister Chips

Reefmack, I really like the look of the lighting upgrade you did. Any issues with jumpers? Or do you have a screen of some sort? I have been shopping on Marine Depot and I think I found the same lighting you have. But the description varies a bit from yours. Maybe Current has a newer model? I...
  17. Mister Chips

Reefmack's Red Sea Max

I have admired your take for some time! It looks really nice. I really like the look of the lighting upgrade you did. Any issues with jumpers? Or do you have a screen of some sort? I have been shopping on Marine Depot and I think I found the same lighting you have. But the description varies...