Search results

1. fishhead

Year old bare bottom tank got sand

I've got a 60 gallon tank that used to be bare bottom for about a year not put 40 pounds of sand in it. It is 4 feet long but just a foot front to back. Right now I have six small fish. There is a Phosban reactor Carbon reactor chiller reef octopus SRO 1000 skimmer in the sump and a biopellet...
  2. fishhead

old/new/old/new tank

Greetings reefers and moderators, It seems like its been a long time since I last visited/posted here. I'm not sure where to put this thread, but it is about a 15 year old 90 gal reef that I broke :chainsaw:down to move. I kept all my rocks(~150 lb?). I did not move.:cool: I kept all the rocks...
  3. fishhead

What / When does a Citron Goby eaT?

I have searched through the forums here to see about my citron. He seems fine but have not seen him eat since i got him. Abot a week. They eat mo stly pods at night? Ps sorry about caps
  4. fishhead

Effects of Sump pump vibration on skimmer micro-bubbles:

No noticeable effects other than annoying. Gonna get a silent Sicce Syncra.
  5. fishhead

Restoring old live rock with new tank

Hi again folks, I have a 65 gallon tank with a lot of live rock from my old 90 gallon reef. It is 4 feet by 1 Foot by 30 something. I was holding the rocks for my next tank upgrade with no sump and just a remora and some power-heads. As the corals came out from the OLD rocks, I decided to put a...
  6. fishhead

Got a Q about RS coral pro salt

Would you mix 24+ hours b4 adding? I am getting a sump tomorrow and will be adding 10 gallons of saltwater to the system.
  7. fishhead

Would you put a Yellow Tang in this tank?

Would you put a Yellow Tang in this tank?: There is a sump on the way. Most of the rock is 10-15 years old from a 90 breakdown.
  8. fishhead

RBTA v.s. MP40 Vortech

Does anyone else put the mesh over their MP40 at night in fear of an anemone going towards it and...well...you know? My RBTA has stayed on the rock I set it on when I got it. It seems to be happy there, but I still don't trust it. Also, it seems that the MP40 makes such nice pulsing current...
  9. fishhead

RBTA Trouble

So my RBTA is loosing color and bubbles. All parameters are good. Here is a video of it one day and the next day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGp-ts67GV0&list=UUcLgZQgzEi7vGsSvcX3xdjQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdbgpNMu48U&list=UUcLgZQgzEi7vGsSvcX3xdjQ Any idea what is...
  10. fishhead

My Chaeto has been assimilated

Just sending out an SOS, Not in the reef tank or the sump, but in the refugium where I grow my macro algae hair has invaded. The fuge used to be plumbed in line with the DT/Sump/Fuge, but has since been isolated. Right now I am sitting with a 60 gallon refugium (used to grow Chaeto) that is...
  11. fishhead

Off topic 2012

2012? Let’s see, that is a little over a year from now, or actually 2 years since it is Dec 21st 2012 in question. Hooey I say. I plan to be watching reruns of “My Name is Earl” in 2013 AD. Although there are disasters every year (Katrina, Asian Tsunami, Volcano’s, the Gulf oil disaster...
  12. fishhead

Super healthy Chaeto 4 Sale.

I have more luscious chaeto if anyone is looking. Usual $10/qt bag + 4.95 shipping:olsmile: -Greg
  13. fishhead

Chaeto 2.0...Keeping it alive.

An update for folks having chaeto troubles... It is often overlooked that the chaeto also acts like a filter floss of sorts, and will trap small particles of detritus and unprocessed foods and such. Because of this, it is a good practice to “rinse” your chaetomorpha macro algae from time to...
  14. fishhead

Got Chaeto?

I have another lovely batch of chaeto ready for a few orders if anyone is looking. $10/Qt Ziploc baggie. Shipping is $4.95. 2 bags at most can fit into one flat rate box shipment.
  15. fishhead

Hungry Chaeto 4 sale $10/bag

Hello all, I've got a bunch of chaeto again. Super healthy and nutrient hungry and ready to ship! Great stuff too! $10/qt freezer bag and $4.95 to ship. Can only ship 2/box. Guaranteed to thrive! Awesome strain of chaeto.
  16. fishhead

Girls, Girls, Girls...

:makefun: :coffee2: Well, Chaeto, Chaeto, Chaeto anyway. I know there must be a bigger need for it than here in Vancouver, WA. I have so much chaeto to part with that I am posting it here again. Shipping is $4.95 (Sm. flat rate box) and a Ziploc sandwich bag packed is 7.50. I can only fit...
  17. fishhead

Phosban Reactor Fauna

I was looking at my phosban reactor and noticed the worms were back. Does anyone else get these in their reactors? Just curious. I hate killing things to clean things ya know.
  18. fishhead

Free dead fish with every order!

Again, just getting your attention. :jester: I have an abundance of chaeto again and am selling Quart sized Ziploc Freezer bags full for $10.05. Shipping is of course $4.95 for USPS Small Flat Rate Box Priority mail (2-3days). Total is then $15 even to PayPal addy gdwats@comcast.net :bluenod:
  19. fishhead

Free dead coral with every order!

Just trying to get your attention. Fresh chaeto 4 sale
  20. fishhead

Spaghetti Sale

Shorty 1/2 Sandwich Bags $4.50 , Ziploc Sandwich bag $8.00. Shipping $4.95