Search results

1. E

Help with 180 gallon build

Which would be the better skimmer out of the ones I picked or is their any other ones around 300 that I could chose from. I was thinking about a quiet one 4000 water pump. It pumps around 1050 gph.
  2. E

These are the two skimmers: reef octopus Reef Octopus NWB 200 Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer* - AquaCave Vertex Vertex IN 250 In-Sump Protein Skimmer, Generation 2 - AquaCave Asm g3 ASM G-3 Protein Skimmer* - AquaCave
  3. E

Hey, hey,hey Im thinking about starting a 180 gallon reef tank and need some help to get it started. Ive had a 55 gallon reef tank for two years now but have never had anything bigger. Im trying to do things right the first time. As of right now I have a 180 gallon tank(non reef ready)...
  4. E

Frag RACK Mania

Payment sent. Thanks
  5. E

xenia frag (first attempt)

That tank look prety nice. I thought a tank taken over by xenia would be cmbad. But it doesn't look bad at all.
  6. E

Frag RACK Mania

interested in one. pm sent
  7. E

Splitaroo

You can't use epoxy because leather slime will not let it attach. Just use something to press it onto the rock you want it to attch to and it will attch itself. Most people use string or a rubber band. You don't need glue or anything else because it won't work.
  8. E

How to get cheap shipping

I use usps for second day it's 12-15 and for next day it's 25. Just keep the weight down inside the box. Ship them in less water.
  9. E

Please help! Made a stupid decision.

Drsdrfostersmith.com only charges about $40 for shipping I got 45 pounds of live rock for $120. It comes in all different shapes and sizes. It has a lot of coraline algae. 9.5 a pound is crazy. Its really nice rock.
  10. E

Reef Cleaners Rock $1.25 lb.

how long is this going to last?
  11. E

WTB zoas

You should talk to amnestia. I ve bought from her before and she has some great stuff.
  12. E

UV steralizer

I have a uv sterilizer and when I first got it I did not notice any change and it was more for show than anything else. After a few months I unpluge it and left it off for a a month or 2. I got a lot of algae problem in that time period. I reconected it and everything started to go back to...
  13. E

Should I freak out?

What are your tank paramiter?
  14. E

What Corals Are These?

The top are Green star polyps and the bottom a some kind of macro algae.
  15. E

bad purchase???

"t5 ho lighting (6400kx2) because it was only running on 96 watts of pc." Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought this lighting was for plants only. Don't corals need 10k+? That might be Why your getting algae.
  16. E

Is it possilble to mod my lighting system?

So it can ve done and all I need to do is make sure it's water safe? I could change the end caps and buy new reflectors. Anyone else. J will check out diyreef.com. Thanks
  17. E

Is it possilble to mod my lighting system?

I have some 218 watt nova extreme 48" t5 that I want to take appart and aDd individual reflectors and put under my canopy. Would whis work? Or could I just add the individual reflectors to the lighting fixture itself? Thanks for any advise.
  18. E

Coral FS...

do you ship? Im interested in the big 10" leather
  19. E

Emergency.

Just go by your old hydromiter because at lease your mesurement of salinity will be consistent to that hydromiter. If you use the other one you might increase of decrease the salinty drastically. Use your old one and go by that.