Search results

1. doubleduece

SPS in a standard lit RSM??

Reefmack The line loc is 1/2" and the adapters that came with the tank, are what I am using . The green coral is a poci. As for the shading under the monti. oO YEA, big problem
  2. doubleduece

SPS in a standard lit RSM??

WhipitUpDefinitly, go for it.... I have a orange plating monti that is going "off" , And Acro"s doing the same at about 6" to 8" below the waterline...... Check this.....:whip: [/IMG That photo was a couple of months ago, the acro on the right is growing thru the plate now, so I am at...
  3. doubleduece

Joining the ranks of the unemployed

ReefmackwOW i HAVE BEEN OUT OF the loop for awhile with work, travel and work travel,,,,,,,damn,,,,, I am glad it worked out for you. I didnt vote for this recent administration, BUT I DO HOPE IT SUCEEDS, in making a change especially in the financial realm. Things can only get better from...
  4. doubleduece

Favia is receding

Try a 15 min lugol's solution dip...
  5. doubleduece

Rue's RSM journey...and other SW stuff

GO GETEM RUE!! AND DONT LOOK BACK!!:craig:
  6. doubleduece

The RSM Adventure

Awesome scolly pics? Definintely my next purchase:jumprope: As far as the filter for the chiller, it is not required, what you are seeing has settled to the bottom of the heat exchanger, you can easily flush it with a garden hose.
  7. doubleduece

RSM owners - what are your other pets?

MatthewJNot any more, she is pretty much blind now, so I have to hand feed her, but back in the day OMG, absolutely nothing else in the tank, not as much as a decorative rock, or a hand.
  8. doubleduece

RSM owners - what are your other pets?

Damn Rue you must be living on a 1,000,000 acre farm up north there, a.. All I could muster up is a male chocolate lab, and a 18yr old red devil. Man, I gotta get some pets:hallo: [/IMG] [/IMG]
  9. doubleduece

Setting up my RSM Refugium

Mr Fishy I had a sump custom made from a local acrylic tank fabricatorWelcome to SP Aquatics!, it cost me about $225(Kinda Pricey The owner is a pre maddonna), with three sections and a shelf for the return pump, deminisions 21x16x16, it works out great with the water level I run in the fuge...
  10. doubleduece

Just got done setting up my RSM!

I love the FTS, your tank looks awesome. Glad to here you are having luck with your birdsnest, I've had a pink for 7 months and the only thing it has done is change colors a couple of times, no growth, i HAVE IT MIDWAY NOW, and have tried many positions.. Keep up the good work.
  11. doubleduece

Corals in the RSM - pictures and comments on successes, failures, new additions, etc.

Re: Corals in the RSM - pictures and comments on successes, failures, new additions, RM Did you get those corals replaced? Well I have an update!!!!!!!!!!!! Acan vs. Blasto,,, Acan WINS!!!!! [/IMG]
  12. doubleduece

DSB in the Max

LindsI dont have any sketches, but I will Give youy all the details I can.. The Deminsions are 21x16x16 and it is divided into 3 sections, as you can see in the pic. the fuge section is in the front and runs the length and is exactly half the depth of the tank, the back two sections have a...
  13. doubleduece

T-5 reflectors too wide

You can bend the reflectors, I've done it quite a few times, and cant tell the diffrence. You are basically norrowing a pretty wide reflected beam, if the lights are less then 8" above the tank it wont make much of a diffrence. Also try to just bend the two outer ones, most of that reflected...
  14. doubleduece

The RSM Adventure

alpasierra Its definintly stuffed in there, which can make maintenence down there pretty tedious. In ordere to pull the skimmer cup I must remove the light(although lately I have been able to sneak it around). I now have a small cooling fan mounted on the left that impedes maint. on the return...
  15. doubleduece

How to frag?

Use a chisel or a screwdriver and frag the rock that they are attached, that way who ever you give them to or sell them to can place them were they want them to spread. I have tried both waysm,IME that is the easiest way
  16. doubleduece

The RSM Adventure

I checked Eric Borneman's book Aquarium Corals and it states that it's food source is mostly phytoplankton, ans some zooplankton.
  17. doubleduece

DSB in the Max

Yes, you cant see it in the picture, it is behind the blue fuge divider(look at the pic), same tank. You see the Tunze skimmer on the left, the back section is the sump. You can have a sump/fuge in the same tank, you just have to use dividers, as you can see in the pic the blue divider runs...
  18. doubleduece

DSB in the Max

Dentoid Thanks
  19. doubleduece

DSB in the Max

Technically a sump and a refugium are diffrent, A sump would be used for your return pump, skimmer, reactor, etc. A refugium is mainly for nutrient export, micro and macr fauna, a safe haven for fish or coral, taken from your DT, and pods. My fuge is custom made out of acrylic and has three...
  20. doubleduece

Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

No worries:winner: I enjoy lookn at my tank, whomever's post it may turn up on:whip: :clink: Limoman Your tank is lookn awesome!!!! Bout time for some acan's Back me up REEFMACK