Search results

1. jeffreyKTM

teddy bear crabs....

Are the furry teddy bear crabs about the size of a silver dollar reef safe? My lfs has a cool one but they dont know and their invert book didnt have them listed....
  2. jeffreyKTM

I couldnt resist.....the addiction took over

well I stopped by my LFS just to get feeder snails for my mantis and ended up coming home with a very nice, healthy, eating well Eidli Angel.....it was there for quite a while and he gave it to me for $30 (it was tagged $50) I am acclimating him now pics to follow.....BTW has anyone tried one of...
  3. jeffreyKTM

marineland cornerflow 36"x36"x27" 150gal

Has anyone tried the new 150 Gal Marineland cube cornerflow tank.....all my used tank deals fell to the wayside....people get ridiculous when they think you need something.....so time to buy new.....the 150 cube with single over flow is attractive to me because all of the current equipment I...
  4. jeffreyKTM

cross hatch released

well I put him in and all is well but my tank is waaaaay too small for this fish.....seems happy but needs more room.....so what size tank will I need to carry him through to full size....I am willing to give him his own tank....these fish are just that cool.....I can pick up a used reef ready...
  5. jeffreyKTM

acclimating my crosshatch....some ?

picked my trigger up and it was a little bigger than anticipated.....I am going to have to get a bigger tank in the next week or so......the hatch came in about 5 gallons of water.....it tested 1.023 salinity and 8.1 ph......my tank is 8.2 ph and 1.026 salinity......will two hours be enough...
  6. jeffreyKTM

cross hatch trigger

anyone know where to get a semi reasonably priced male cross hatch?
  7. jeffreyKTM

ebay lighting?

I ordered a fixture off ebay.....it is a 36" fixture for my 92 gal bowfront corner......it has a 400w 15k halide 4x39w t5 o3 actinics and 6 dual blue lunars.....all in one w/ ballasts.....339.00 w/no shipping fee......anyone tried these lights......are they any good.......and are they a good...
  8. jeffreyKTM

3 tanks into 1 will it work?

this weekend I want to set up my new 92 gal corner like a diamond in the center of my living room.....Can I take all of the water, rock, substrate, and inhabitants out of 3 29 gal biocubes and put them in all at once? There is enough of everything to almost completely fill the whole system.....I...
  9. jeffreyKTM

what the heck is this worm?!

dont have a pic cause its too damn fast......when I was looking for my sand sifting star this 2" long fat smooth worm came shooting out of the sand then instantaeously shot back into the substrate.....found it again on the otherside of the tank seconds later only this time my 4line wrasse went...
  10. jeffreyKTM

Casco SeaClear system II

has anyone tried the larger (ex. 100 gal show) Casco SeaClear System II tanks.....they seem kind of like a giant biocube.....no plumbing.....or additional fuge to set up....plug and play I guess.....I am interested in setting up a 100 gal one and really want to know how they perform in the long...
  11. jeffreyKTM

new to forum

I am new to the forum....I have 2 29 biocubes.....one with a 7 inch Peacock Mantis the other with exotics......aussie acans, monster scolymia (over 1 foot across), duncans ect....