Search results

1. B

HELP! Bulkead and plumbing help

Hello all, I have a 125-gallon aquarium I am trying to set up. Here is the dilemma I am having... The aquarium has a center overflow with two 3/4" holes for the drain lines a 1.5" hole for the return. The return is where I am having an issue. I would like to run a 3/4" line from the return pump...
  2. B

Looking for a 130D in Texas

Looking for a used WORKING Max 130D in the central Texas area. I am willing to drive a couple of hours. TIA:corona:
  3. B

silencing an external overflow

I just simply fold a dish towel into a square just larger than the overflow box and set it on top. Works for me...
  4. B

90 Gallon Bowfront

I know that there are many mysteries that we will never solve the answer to. I just have to try and explain to the kids sometimes. Thankfully the rest of my inhabitants seem to be doing well, and the algae is all gone now. Now if I can just keep the little fingerprints off of the glass.
  5. B

90 Gallon Bowfront

Well all of the water parameters checked out but yesterday morning my wife found the pink skunk clown dead and removed him immediately. I tested my water again when I got home and everything was fine so not sure what happened to him.
  6. B

90 Gallon Bowfront

Everything seems to be coming along just fine now. Diatoms are almost completely gone now thanks to my clean up crew. Water parameters are looking good as well. Just got one pic for tonight. My clowns.....
  7. B

90 Gallon Bowfront

Thanks. I will post some new pictures once the algae is gone and I have my canopy back on. I had to remove it to run my HOB filter which once everything is cleaned up I will be taking off. I will be topping off with RO today and then checking parameters and if all is good then this week I will...
  8. B

90 Gallon Bowfront

Finally got my clean up crew. Most of my Diatom outbreak had began to disappear but now with the clean up crew they are making short work of what algae is left.
  9. B

Diatom outbreak and a diatom filter

Thanks all, my dad mentioned to me but he has never had saltwater so he doesn't know much in that realm. That is why I wanted to ask. I had never heard of that filter until he mentioned it.
  10. B

Which RO/DI unit, please?

IMO I would look into Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | Products and answers for your water treatment needs. who are RS sponsors and I believe they give still give 10% discount to RS members. I have really liked mine and I like the friendly e mail reminders they...
  11. B

Diatom outbreak and a diatom filter

Ok so I am one month into my new tank set up and for a week now I have been having my diatom outbreak. I am keeping the lights off for the most part. I turn them on for about an hour a day right now. I wanted to ask though do the diatom filters work to help get rid of this? My dad swears by them...
  12. B

90 Gallon Bowfront

Thanks Reefmack. I am glad to I really didn't want to have to buy a filter but it was necessary. Guess once I have everything good and clean I will just take it off and keep it for any other future emergency.
  13. B

90 Gallon Bowfront

I finally broke down and got a filter to help with clearing out the water. It has done a wonderful job of it so far. Still have all of my rock covered with dust. Tomorrow I am going to do another water change and think I will take all of my rock out of the tank and rinse it before putting it...
  14. B

90 Gallon Bowfront

bshady, thanks. I haven't posted any new pics as I am still trying to clean up from my chemi pure screw up........getting the water to clear up now but still have to work on all of my rock. still covered in chemi pure ash. I am using a turkey baster to blow it off of the rock which is helping...
  15. B

90 Gallon Bowfront

I washed and dried the sock when I got home today. Just got it put back in the sump. It is working but this is taking longer than I hoped. Will be doing a good water change tomorrow.
  16. B

90 Gallon Bowfront

Well I am trying a 100 micron filter sock to clear up my chemi pure screw up. In 10 hours it has cleared up quite a bit. Will see when I get home today. I plan on rinsing the sock out and starting it over again. What a pain
  17. B

Chemi pure placement

Thanks for all the help..I messed up yesterday with the chemi pure. I rinsed it before putting it in but apparantly not enough as I know have dark charcoal colored water. I have to figure out what to do now. All of my rock is covered in it.
  18. B

90 Gallon Bowfront

Well made my first mistake today.......I add chemi pure but apparently didnt rinse it long enough before adding to the aquarium. I now have dark cloudy water and chemi pure dust all over my rock.........UGGGHHHHHH
  19. B

90 Gallon Bowfront

Thanks that is part of the 70lbs i picked up the other night for dirt cheap
  20. B

Chemi pure placement

I wasn't sure exactly where to ask this question so thought I would start here. I want to use chemi pure but not sure where to place it. 1. In the built in overflow? 2. Just placed in the sump? 3. I am setting up an Aqufuge HOB regugium with protein skimmer but will not be using the skimmer...