Search results

1. cbrownfish

Dana Riddle in Charlotte - Saturday 11/20/10 from 1-4pm (FREE)

Come join RASOC in Charlotte (Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte - Welcome to RASOC!) for an exciting presentation by Dana Riddle, one of the most important researchers in our hobby (FREE Event)! Dana lives in Hawaii and is able to study coral reefs year round. His lab is set up to examine...
  2. cbrownfish

Updated Pictures of my 90 gallon Display (lots!)

Lazy day on Sunday....thought I would shoot some pics.:idea: Monster Toadstool w/green polyps and some Zoas -- New multi-colored Wellso from Mainstream Aquatics -- Walking Dendro -- Rainbow Monti waterfall. The pink Paly killer! Peach Digitata --...
  3. cbrownfish

Zoa Garden rebuild, following Pistol Shrimp demolition!

Well, my Pistol Shrimp has been extra active lately and decided to build some unstable tunnels under the left side of my DSB. He must sense the end of the world or something. :bouncebox As a result a couple Zoa colonies, a large Green Polyped Leather and some LPS were falling into a massive...
  4. cbrownfish

Early Father's Day Present! Pics inside.....

Let's just say that "electric green" is a good description! Happy Father's day to me........lol..... :makefun:
  5. cbrownfish

Got Color???

Well, do ya? :D
  6. cbrownfish

New Tank/Coral Shots

I am not gonna say much, just post a slew of pics. Tank is doing real well these days and I thought I would snap a bunch of pics, including some overhead shots.
  7. cbrownfish

"Why are my Zoanthids closed?" - Care, Pests, and Troubleshooting

ZOANTHID CARE AND PROPAGATION I have propagated Zoanthids for a number of years and have learned quite a bit from my personal experiences and research. I wanted to share an overview of my experiences, in the hope that someone will benefit from the information. There seems to be a great deal...
  8. cbrownfish

Snow Day - Full Tank Shots

Since many of us in North Carolina are "snowed in" :D, I decided to dust off the tripod and snap some FTS tank pics. Dust off your tripod and share a couple of your tank(s)! (even if it isn't snowing where you are!)
  9. cbrownfish

A few new photos

I tested out my new DIY acrylic camera box and it worked out pretty well. :) I got some great shots of my Green Apple Cap and came really close to catching the true color. It has never looked better.....loving the increased nutrients in my water -- Tentacle Heaven, RBTA style --...
  10. cbrownfish

Macro Magic, compliments of Canon!

A few new shots....Canon PowerShot 10MP P&S....standard lens -- :eek:
  11. cbrownfish

RBTA feature - Rose Anemone tribute thread

This is definitely one of my favorite creatures in the reefing world. Kind of a dirty pleasure considering that they aren't exactly a coral's best friend. :) I wanted to post a few new pics of my RBTA's and a few old ones. Who else has RBTA's? Post some pics if you got 'em! This is a...
  12. cbrownfish

My 90 Gallon display - FTS, corals pics

I finally snapped a new FTS, first since April, and a few more shots of my corals. I have been playing with the exposure a bit more and it has helped me capture better shots of some of my stuff. :) FTS....colors are a bit better in person but this is reasonably close -- Some Zoa...
  13. cbrownfish

New Macro Shots

I finally snapped some new shots and posted a couple of others that I like........ Hairy Sinularia Leather -- Wellsophyllia ( or Trachy these days) -- Neon Candy Cane.........got it as 2 heads back in March -- Lights went out so I snapped an actinic shot as well --...
  14. cbrownfish

Hi, my name is Ron and I am a Reef-a-holic

cbrownfish: "Hi, my name is Ron and I am a Reef-a-holic" All: "Hi Ron!" After some discussion in my Zoanthid Tribute thread, it was determined that we need to officially offer a Reef-a-holics Anonymous (RA) resource to the forum members. Most of us are hopelessly addicted to this hobby and...
  15. cbrownfish

OT: Halloween 2008 Recap

Anybody have any good pics from Halloween this year? Post the pics of your costumes! Adults, kids, teens, etc. Here is the recap of our 3 kids……Mario, Luigi and the Witch. :D
  16. cbrownfish

My tribute to Zoanthids

I decided that I should do a tribute to Zoanthids, since I have had a bit of an obsession in that regard. :D Here is my photo tribute to my collection, past and present. All of these Zoanthinds and the photos are from my personal collection. For your viewing pleasure...
  17. cbrownfish

NanoCube 6, Take III - Reef Lobster

So I have decided that 18W's of PC light is just NOT enough to keep any interesting corals long term (softies or otherwise). Technically, this is the wife's tank and she wanted "something interesting" in it. :idea: So......I have always threatened to make this nano invert oriented but never did...
  18. cbrownfish

The Cleaning Station revealed --

I have always loved the traditional Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, Lysmata Amboinensis, and have had good luck with very active ones. Occasionally, my cleaner will hitch a ride on my Purple Tang and hold on for dear life as the tang whips this way and that (wish I could get a pic of it). I wanted to...
  19. cbrownfish

Purple Tang, hair eater?

I have a great Purple Tang that I got from a local LFS a long time back. At one time, he developed some sort of parasitic growth (possibly a copepod pair) and fought that off, with the help of my cleaner shrimp. He has always been really healthy and a perfect citizen in my 90. Over the last few...
  20. cbrownfish

My RBTA split this morning

Funny, I recently made a long winded post on my local reef forum about my RBTA and how I nursed it back to health. See that post. I walked by the tank this morning and noticed that my RBTA was deflated and had move slightly from the spot it was in under my cap colony. I grabbed a flashlight to...