Search results

1. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Today I hooked up the canister filter. I put nitrate sponge inside the filter and figure I will just let it do its thing. I also removed the power head that was in the Chaeto chamber. The filter takes from the 1st refuge chamber and will return to the chaeto chamber of the refuge. This will...
  2. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Thank you both for the nice comments and encouragement.
  3. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

No problem about the pics and thanks for being proud. I have been learning a lot about fragging lately since I want things to grow out and I be able to pass on things to friends and such. I read that it will double back on itself and heal up the chopped off part. Im gonna keep an eye on it and...
  4. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Well my friend had to take apart her tank so I got her bubble tip anemone for a steal of a deal. They are suppose to be easy to frag so I figured it wouldnt be a huge loss if I accidentally killed it by hacking it in half. I finally got him unstuck from the rock he had been chilling in... Took...
  5. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Thank you. I placed the two halves in a baby breeder tank that floats inside the display. The 2 halves are getting plenty of light to heal and no one is bothering them inside the tiny box. I will post up some pics later today.
  6. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Gave away some of my frags yesterday to a friend that stopped by. Also cut my anemone in half. Both halfs look to be doing okay thus far. Got some new odds and ends for my tank. I plan on playing with some hardware and such today. Ya'll enjoy ur Sunday.
  7. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Which ones do you think are fire and ice? I know I got some Miami Hurricane Zoa's, LoTR, AoGs, Candy Canes purple and green, froggy, hammer, Blood Rain Zoa's... I just dont know what the large one in the back is, what some of the zoa's I have are, I think what you are calling pipe coral... I...
  8. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Ya, as you can see from the toothpicks... I like it when the stuff grabs on itself and not when I have to glue crap down. Hence, rubber bands and toothpicks are usually present amongst my frags.
  9. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Frankie I just saw you're thread on building a skimmer. That things a monster and you did a damn fine job. I was reading about building a DIY skimmer because mine I believe is to small and would like something bigger/over rated for my tank... more the better... Anyways, pics as promised. I...
  10. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Oh Frankie. When I did this weeks water change I completely emptied my refuge and wiped everything out of it with a paper towel. Also got 2 reef socks/filter socks. And put one where the overflow empties into the refuge and another where the skimmer empties into the refuge. Its already catching...
  11. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Jeremy just likes to be super supportive because I don't mind passing off frags that grow to him.
  12. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Ya, there will be some new ones up. I am just to tired to do it today. But I will get some up and get them up soon. Most are closed right now and pissed off about the water change. But ya, soon as they are behaving well I will get some pics taken and up.
  13. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Got some new frags on Monday. I have somehow stuffed more stuff on that frag rack. Don't ask me how I did it because even I don't know... but ya, got more. Also threw up a temp frag tank. Its sitting on my kitchen counter. I literally had no place else to throw it and needed it up... then...
  14. M

Jeremy's 90 Gallon Build Mayhem!!

Agreed on the good news.
  15. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

You know how to find me.
  16. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

I am picking some up tomorrow. Ill send you some out the day after... if you want it...
  17. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

I can still send you some... haha... if you want. You should see all the treasures I got today btw. I know you are first in line for frags when its time to part them again...
  18. M

Tyler's Reef In Progress

Oh thats just how it goes. You take one step forward in reefing and 3 steps back because something small goes wrong... Just tough it out. Its going to have its ups and downs. This is just the first test of ur patience in reefing..
  19. M

Jjohnson3's reefing passion...

Where are the pics?!?!
  20. M

Tooting My Own Horn!

Shipping from where to where? Also, Well Jeremy... I told you as soon as I can get you some I will. I didnt expect you to want to swap tanks on me in the middle of getting you some. Haha. There will always be more of course. I picked up some new treasures and such today. As always. Lastly...