Search results

1. rckmtl

FS: Freshwater Plants, near wholesale prices. Pics in thread.

Hey all. Haven't been around for a looooong while due to lack of fish tank. Getting a small one up again and I got a good deal on plants for it, but I had to buy in lots so I have some extras to sell. All the plants you see below are being sold as a lot. However, if I don't get a buyer within...
  2. rckmtl

I am looking for a Freshwater website for beginners

Hi everyone. I put this in the off topic section since it is about freshwater fish. I am looking for a good site, that I can recommend to people new to the hobby that want information about tropical fishkeeping. I have a lot of qualifications for the site though, and have not been able to...
  3. rckmtl

New good freshwater info website for beginners

Need good freshwater info website for beginners EDIT: I messed up the thread title, so this post can be deleted.
  4. rckmtl

FS:AquaMedic MH pendant, ballast, and bulb

Allright then, here's the listing for the AquaMedic lamp. What you get is an AquaMedic Ocean Light pendant, 250 watts, an Aquamedic magnetic ballast, 250 watts, a 14k 250 watt DE bulb, and the wires to hang the pendant. The pendant and the ballast are 1 year old and are both in excellent...
  5. rckmtl

FS:MH pendant and ballast(photos)

Hey all. I have for sale one Sun Replicator Metal Halide pendant(-no- bulb, pendant only) and one CoralVue 250watt electronic ballast. Both are brand new, I ordered them but have not gotten a chance to use them. I've recently moved and am not able to keep my tank. The Sun Replicator is...
  6. rckmtl

Props for Sharky's Reef

Hey everyone, I got got in a shipment of a MH light, and some copepods from Sharky's Reef. And everything arrived on time and in great condition. Also, Sharky's Reef has is Very dedicated to their customers, based on my experience. I received e-mails from them in an -amazingly- timely...
  7. rckmtl

LFS Database update teaser

Do you live in Illinois? Do you live even vaugley near Aurora/Naperville/Plainfield/Wheaton-ish areas? If you've answered Yes, then you'll want to be keeping an eye on this thread. Why? Because sometime this week...you never know when...I'll be updating the LFS Database with a bunch of new...
  8. rckmtl

What are these anyway?

So I was at the fish store today, taking some pics, and I saw these pretty little guys. But there was no tag, and I never did remember to ask what they were. Anyone know what they are called? Oh, and they are not that little. The bigger pink one was like a good three inches across. I'm...
  9. rckmtl

Eggcrate the best solution?

So I'm deciding on fish for my tank, and I'm realizing that the fish I like seem to have the common trend of being jumpers. I don't want to have a glass lid on top of the tank, and I was wondering if putting eggcrate on top was the best way to keep the fish in the tank without blocking the...
  10. rckmtl

rckmtl's 75 gal

Allrighty. So new tank=new thread. What happened to the old tanks? Couple of things. One, moved to a new apartment where having four tanks setup really wasn't a possiblity. Two, a 20gal saltwater was nice and all...but the main reason I set it up was to see if I could keep a small tank stable...
  11. rckmtl

Garabaldi Photos

So I was at the store and I saw the one of these guy. this was the first itme I have seen one young enough to still have the blue spots, so I had to take some pics. If my goal in fishkeeping was to have an aggresive basketball as a pet, I would have bought him :rolleyes: but since it's not, I...
  12. rckmtl

Feeling Sexy

So, before I moved, I was heading to work, glanced in my tank and went 'Why is all the Caulpurea bright orange'? A closer look made me realize that it was going sexual! My first thought was 'I've got to get a picture!' So I did. My second thought was 'Why do I have to go to work today' But It...
  13. rckmtl

Bacteria question

Ok, so I've always kinda wondered this- If almost everything that goes in a fish tank needs to be carefully acclimated to things like temp. salin. and overall water quality....How come you can just dump in bacteria starters(like cycle/stablity/stress zyme/ect..) into fresh -or- saltwater without...
  14. rckmtl

Hey! I'm smart! What about you?

Allright first I have to say that I am smart. I was setting up my tank in my new apt and -this- time I left enough room that I can get behind it. I don't know why I didn't think of that the first time. I was allways needing to clean or reach something I couldn't get at... I was just going to...
  15. rckmtl

Glass and scratches

So, moving into a new apt that's smaller means I have to condense my tanks. I had a 20 setup as a display and a 40 as a prop. tank. Now I'm just using the 40 as the display and putting the 20 in storage. Only problem is that I never thought I would use the 40 as a display, so when I bought it...
  16. rckmtl

OT: I have internet again!

Yep, I finally have internet again. This makes me happy enough that I thought it deserved its own post. Well...that's all I've got.
  17. rckmtl

Nifty little snail

So I found this snail on a rock while cleaning the tank. I mostly think it is nifty cuz I've never seen one before. From pics on a recent post, I think it looks like a stomatella(sp?). But all the pics I've seen of those, the snails have been a pale sandy color. I like this one cuz of the neat...
  18. rckmtl

Die Aiptasia! Die!

Ok, this post is in part to give my experience in using joe's juice to kill these horrid monsters, and in part, for me to have alittle fun letting the whole world see one die! Mwha-ha. While I am ussually unsure about using chemicalss hwen I don't have to, I got like half a bottle for free...
  19. rckmtl

rckmtl's new-ish 20gal

So this is not really a new tank, but I've changed so much stuff around over the last month that I figured I'd start the thread over as well. While i had been getting a litttle unhappy with the tank's layout, the biggest catalyst to the change was an invasion of Apista's. I had hundred's and...
  20. rckmtl

My new brain

So I picked up this brain about a week ago and it has settled into the aquarium, so i though I'd share some pics full brain shot and a couple of close up shots I really like the look of the grey on the red... But i like that Lobo Chris posted better!! :drooool: not fair...