Search results

1. jmanrow

Maintenance Software

Anyone use an aquarium maintenance software program? Are there any recommendations on a good one? Which one have the most useful features? I haven't found one yet that I like. One that I bought had a fish and invertebrate ID, but hardly any information, then was not much good for logging my tank...
  2. jmanrow

Freshwater fish in saltwater tank?

Guppies, will adapt to full strength seawater, but will not reproduce in it. As far as adapting mollies(which breed in any salinity!) and flounder to saltwater, replacing freshwater with saltwater as a 50/50 mix adapts them without any ill effects in two days. This also prevents a possible pH...
  3. jmanrow

Which brand of SALT do you use???

I used Instant Ocean for many years and tired of having to always boost KH and Ca. Tried Oceanic, but not overly impressed. Currently using OceanPure. Very consistant in their mix. Many hobbyists are now using it. Recommend it highly...
  4. jmanrow

substrate used in fo tanks

I use a 50/50 mix of Caribsea Special Grade Reef Sand and Southdown in all marine tanks. My seagrass propagation tank is supplimented with laterite clay soil from Central Oregon.
  5. jmanrow

Perculas with whitish mouth

Keep us posted on any new developments!
  6. jmanrow

Hello from Oregon

Hey all,:hallo: My name is John. I began keeping marine aquariums back in the 1960s, way before you saw any reef tanks around. I am currently a member of Pacific Northwest Marine Aqarium Society (PNWMAS).I'm glad to be part of this group. One thing about our hobby... there is always...