Search results

1. T

my ravens avatar is gone. did the mods delete it because they are playing crappy, or because i haven't been around much. j/k can i get it back? thanks tmc
  2. T

stumped

since going barebottom about 4 months ago all my water parameters are dead on. calcium 420 alk 10 phos. 0 trates <10 ph 8.2-8.3 new light bulbs and weekly water changes (25%) with a moderate bio-load the problem is a bunch of different types of algae. cyno, bubble, hair, and...
  3. T

ever finished?

is their ever a time when you think you are finished adding corals, equipment, or fish. then start buying other things to make your system better. only been reefing a short time, but i can't see the end of the tunnel. as soon as i think i have everything i could ever need i find myself ordering...
  4. T

canister filter

my python is not cutting it anymore. since going barebottom i am having trouble cleaning the bottom of my tank. thinking of getting a canister filter just for this purpose. any recommendations. also i would like to go as cheap as i can tmc
  5. T

acitics and 7100k blue

whats the difference between the acitic 03 bulbs and the 7100k blue bulbs. these are pc bulbs sold on marine depot and a couple other sites. is one better than the other as far as intensity? any info on the 7100k blue would be great. thanks, tmc
  6. T

finally no mo substrates

tank is now bb and my water quality is unbelieveable (for my tank at least) trates- 5 ppm, phos.- 0 every thing else is all good. here's a couple pics.hope you guys like them.
  7. T

plates and bb tank

is this ok or should i start looking for a new home for him. by the way what about a serpent star too. :) tmc
  8. T

adding flow

i want to add more flow. thinking of a seio 600 or should i go with a 2 or 3 smaller maxi jets or similar powerheads. already have a mag7 on return, mag 3 on skimmer, and a seio 600. going bb and want to try and keep everything suspended a little better. thanks in advance tmc
  9. T

lighting ?

what do you think of putting a 36" retro over a 48" tank. it would be jumping up my wattage a little, from 3 watts per gallon to 5. the lights are pc's tmc
  10. T

too expensive for me

maybe some one else can afford these but not me http://cgi.ebay.com/20-FULL-COLONIES-ACANTHASTREA-LORHOWENSIS_W0QQitemZ7703648018QQcategoryZ46308QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  11. T

no sense in crying over spilled R/O water

i think there should be club for all of us idiots that turn on our r/o units and forget about them only to find a flooded floor. i know i can't be the only one to have done this. completely forget about it until the instant you step in the water or see coming out of the ceiling. :hammerhea...
  12. T

macro or no macro

the problem is that my sump/fuge is growing bad algae (bubble i think) should i remove the fuge part and go with a straight sump or are there any tricks that i am missing. trates are down to 15ppm and phosphates are .5 by my test kit. think this also might be a source of my recent cyno problem...
  13. T

it would be so great

their is a house for sale next door and it would be great if one of the moderators or anyone else on this forum with a ton of knowledge would please move in. i am even considering helping with the closing cost :laughroll it would probably save me money in the long run,considering all the money...
  14. T

is this cyano ?

not sure because it does not just blow off rock like i thought cyano does. its actually is attached more like coraline but looks just like cyano. i am stumped. thanks for what ever help you can give me tmc p.s. this posting of pics is so great in getting help :thumbup:
  15. T

a little help please

i am sure some one can tell me what these are. this is some kind of plate coral i was told. and the other is this white cotton looking stuff under the rock. thanks tmc
  16. T

dosing kalk

if you have a low calcium demand and you dose kalk daily or every couple days will calcium keep climbing to levels too extreme? tmc
  17. T

lighting suggestion

i want some mh lights for my 75 but canopy only has about 3.5" of clearance. probably 175's because heat could be a problem. anyone have any suggestions, links? should i got retro? what do i need to put together a retro light setup? any and all help is greatly appreciated thanks tmc
  18. T

high nitrates

my nitrate reading is really high. 100ppm+ according to the aquarium pharm. test kit. got a few things in mind to try but curious as to what you guys would do. large water changes, macro. should i vacuum my substrate or not disturb it. it is crushed coral 3 years old. i know i should remove...
  19. T

live rock

what is the difference between live rock and base rock? will base rock grow coralline algae? is there a such thing as dead live rock? just a couple of questions i was unsure of. thanks for the help tmc
  20. T

barebottom ?

are there any restrictions with a bb tank as far as inhabitants go? crabs, anemones, snails, etc... still deciding whether to go bb or not. everyone still happy with theirs? thanks tmc