Search results

1. themanthelegond

New photos of tank.

Thank you! I use a Nikon D-60 i have had a few years now. great camera. I do a white balance in the water with a little rod with some white/grey plastic on it. I will have to get a current full tank shot and post it later tonight. I also posted a link below of a video of the tank. the end...
  2. themanthelegond

New photos of tank.

I think it is supposed to be a green bubble tip. It has been in my tanks about 4 years now. Its tips bubble every now and then, and it changes colors. now it seems to have a blueish tint to it since the new reflux bulbs. The hawk is the newest addition and seems to have the most character. I...
  3. themanthelegond

New photos of tank.

The best thing to happen to it was me keeping my hands out of it for about year. Its been a while, The Light bulbs were replaced and I had the camera out, so figured i could snap a few shots. I know everyone here likes pictures so we wanted to share. tank is about 3 years old and needs a...
  4. themanthelegond

Saving Energy

Nice! how many watts per panel is the solar rated? I have been interested for a few years but have been waiting for the new technology to allow more watts per panel. The HOA can be a pain sometimes!
  5. themanthelegond

Spring!!!!!!

The pic with the one yellow flower in focus is awesome! (second to last) great shot!
  6. themanthelegond

What would happen if a duck finds a goose nest?(PICS)

Thank you! :) That is one of my favorites.
  7. themanthelegond

What would happen if a duck finds a goose nest?(PICS)

This happened in the parking lot at work. Seemed like a an epic fight for the goose and duck. the brawl lasted about 15 mins or so. Duck finds nest. Mrs goose warns duck to leave. Duck does not heed warning and Mr Goose attacks! Mr Duck does not back down...
  8. themanthelegond

Hermit Good or Bad?

whenever I try to feed the acans or other invert they will run over and steal the food.
  9. themanthelegond

Growth pics of green pocillopora (normal growth?)

Thank you for all the compliments. :turntable The polyps are still very green but the body of the coral is coloring up it seems. It is almost all brown with the green poyps, and the brown is starting to get a neon yellow tint to it. I will get a few pics of it tonight. It is sitting about 2...
  10. themanthelegond

Loading photos from Flickr

Just type MYFLICKR, then highlight it, then click the world with the chain on it and paste the url.
  11. themanthelegond

are you using the insert image button? (past should say paste in image)
  12. themanthelegond

I always click the view all sizes tab over the picture then use the url from the large pic.
  13. themanthelegond

Growth pics of green pocillopora (normal growth?)

so this is almost one years growth from a pocillopora frag. Does this seem like the everage growth? went from 1 inch frag to a 3 inch.
  14. themanthelegond

Fuge?

NVM someone said it better. :)
  15. themanthelegond

Anyone with Creative Ideas For Floating Mangroves?

Dont know if this is reef safe but might look cool Or a cool but dificult idea. clear bobbers or shperes with the center drilled out and aclear acrylic tube cemented in. Hope this gives you more ideas! ...man i need a life :lol:
  16. themanthelegond

put a little of the foam they use for rockscaping on the stem and shape it to look natural. might take a few tried to get it right but it might work.
  17. themanthelegond

Not a floating idea but, what about a magnetic acrylic rack, kinda like a frag rack.
  18. themanthelegond

what do you make?

So far I have made 3 different types Sumps from HD acrylic. acrylic frag racks like in the reef hobbyist magazine. oh, and I seem to be really good at making messes! :laugh:
  19. themanthelegond

New Here and URGENT HELP needed!!!! please =)

I recently had a similar problem with some PCs I was using in my fuge. the bulbs would be dim or not work at all. Corrosion was building up in the connectors. had to clean the connectors and lamp pins using tiny files. worked fine after. It also might the connector part inside the plastic could...
  20. themanthelegond

can one use Hair algae in the refugium?

That is what I was thinking. Thanks Al! I guess I will keep using the Cheatomorpha.