Search results

1. J

purple coraline growth issues & supplements, purple up & purple tech?????

well the only reason im complaining is that its been 2 years since the move. last time the tank was up and running maybe 6 months. i have so much on the glass that it dulled 2 of my easy scraper blades getting it off. the back is completely cover and im just wondering why the rocks arent...
  2. J

New Mushrooms Question

i keep reading on here and it seems most people are way too impatient with thier corals. they are wanting the coral to open as soon as they put them in.some do and some dont but some corals can take weeks to fully aclimate to new conditions. that would be like us moving to a new home and...
  3. J

Hammer Coral Over Extended

ive got a yellow fiji leather and at night it shoots out a sweeper over a foot long. looks like spider webs in the tank. never seen it out of anything else except for that
  4. J

Spider sponge

yes halides can be too much, more than likely you have gotten your self some wild specimens. in the wild most corals do not open during the day due to predators. they open at night to feed. sponges of this type are filter feeders and do not need very much light. my purple sea whip and yellow...
  5. J

GSP wont open

ur purple base looks good. put them down lower in the tank and slowly raise them. mine get mad and dont come out then the next thing you know their out mowing the lawn. put in an area of good flow cuz they like that. if they start losing color put them up higher. i have 5 differnt gsp's that...
  6. J

GSP is no longer green???

lighting most def. corals loose color if they dont have enough, green will go brown. more light or go higher in the tank
  7. J

Sunset montipora

usually when a bright colored coral starts losing thier color the need more light. i have had a few monti start losing color and i place them higher and they color back up. make sure you are doing your part on water quality as monti can be finiky sometimes. cosistancy and good husbandry
  8. J

Need an opinion on diamond gobies or the like

ive had mine for over 3 years, i bought a mated pair, one didnt make it too long and jumped out, the other has been doing great. id say with fin damage someone is getting too close. mine stays on the bottom and sifts for hours. eats flake food and has never been a pain at all. has never messed...
  9. J

purple coraline growth issues & supplements, purple up & purple tech?????

so my last tank coraline was not an issue and the rocks were smothered , i moved to a new place and set up a 75 with the same rock, now most all of my coraline is gone. i did change my lighting to all t5 from previous 250 mh.. now after two years of no coraline on my rocks and landfills of it on...
  10. J

What's wrong with my Toadstool?

did some surgery on mine last night, today the stalk has tears in it looks like its not gonna make it much longer, i applied techI to the cut areas but im hoping it pulls threw, 4 years ive had it. and it dies just like that
  11. J

what did you use for a dip?
  12. J

gaint toadstool melting?

ive had it in the same spot. the tissue that is looking bad is in the very front of the tank. there isnt anything close to her other than a squamosa clam. i havent changed anything in the last 6 monts. the tissue just rubs off. its not a waxy film like when it closes up , the tissue just seems...
  13. J

Who wants to ID the "Pink Blob"?

i have some green frilly mushrooms that look just like that. they have little bumps just like a ric does, they will become little hairy parts,
  14. J

my leather is shedding i think, small ruffle is melting away. should i do some surgery and iodine the cut site??
  15. J

The're here the're here the're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have 4 colonys of those. my have a little more pink, thought they were armor of gods. but they look awesome, wait till the plugs are full they look incredible under pure 460s
  16. J

My favia has declared war

my yellow fiji did the same. his tentacles were almost a foot long. had to move him to solitary side of tank
  17. J

ID please acro

bottom looks like a tort of some kind. look on fosters and smiths site they have alot of acro on there
  18. J

Coral Id? Please.

looks like a baby favia
  19. J

gaint toadstool melting?

my giant toadstool has a ruffle that appears to be melting. slowly decaying. he is about 2 foot wide and is huge when he opens fully. when he contracts you dont really see the ruffle slowly rubbing off. i am wondering if he is just shedding as they do sometimes or if i need to put some iodine on...
  20. J

Would you drill this or let it be (pics)

this is an older tank, you can tell b.c. of the glass center, i have one just like it and drilled the bottom. no problem. but with glass hole kit you dont want to drill the bottom just the back. if the tank is all glass or oceanic made before 2004 the whole thing is non tempered and you can...