Search results

1. yungreefer2410

Site going down?

over the past few weeks, RS has been going down for me and staying down for up to days at a time. For me, I checked in to RS this past Friday or Saturday and it didn't work for me again until today. Anyone else?
  2. yungreefer2410

dark spots on puffer

Does this look like a disease to anyone? I maintain this lady's tank and she is worried her pufferfish is sick. It also is eating less. The dark spots on the middle of its back.
  3. yungreefer2410

Building an All-in-one aquairum

Hello everyone, I am here again after a long while away. Anyway I have decided to do something I have wanted to do since I was in 8th grade back in 2008, and that is to design and build my own AIO (all-in-one) tank. So before I start on any actual construction, I thought I would come here and...
  4. yungreefer2410

Problems with MH unit

So I have a pretty barebones MH system. I got it at least 5 years ago from my LFS in Monroe, LA. It contains the socket, which is attached to the reflector, and the ballast (electronic) that connects to the socket (via wires, obviously). This is my problem. It doesn't work. Came home from winter...
  5. yungreefer2410

Some Black Friday deals

I was looking for some BF deals and I found some here. (It's from the subreddit r/reeftank) http://www.reddit.com/r/ReefTank/comments/1rkoyh/where_should_i_go_for_the_best_black_friday_deals/
  6. yungreefer2410

Apex+ Ready

So i'm pretty much sold on the kessil a350 for my tank (20 gallon long). Since it's a 20L should I get the wide angle lens? (70 degrees compared to 31) and I'm pretty sure I need another cable to hook it up to the apex system but I'm not sure which one. And no i do not have the apex system yet...
  7. yungreefer2410

40g Breeder Slow Build

Hey guys, as said in the title this will be an extremely slow build. This tank won't be able to be set up until the fall 2013 semester when I'll finally have an apartment. I'll try to do most of the buying over the summer. I'm choosing a 40g breeder because it's been my favorite tank due to its...
  8. yungreefer2410

Coral Con 2013

Not sure if anyone has posted anything about, but this is a MACNA type event that is happening in Orlando on the 16th and 17th. I'm defintely going to be going since I live in Orlando during that time of the year. Heres a link to their website so you can check it out. CoralCon 2013 March 16 &...
  9. yungreefer2410

Need a light for a 2.5g tank

As the title says I'm looking for a light for my 2.5g tank. Its 12'' long. No pcs. If you find or know about a fixture that could work (retro or plug and plug) please let me know
  10. yungreefer2410

2.5g Sexy Shrimp tank!

I'm going to be setting up this tank very soon. Right now it's sitting under my bed because my dad doesn't know about it haha. I have all the equipment except for the light. I'm not sure what to use since the tank is only 12 inches long. So any input there would be appreciated. I'm looking to...
  11. yungreefer2410

THE 20g long

so, another tank to add to my collection, eventually, this tank is going to take the place of the 29g tank. which will go down if/when i get seahorses. anyway i'm doing a lil experiment on this tank so its going to be a custom AIO with a off brand rebuilt skimmer for the only filtration (besides...
  12. yungreefer2410

stocking ideas

hey some of you guys might remember me from when i used to visit this site a lot. but anyway i need some help deciding what to fish i should stock in my 55g tank. as of now there a mated pair of clowns, one six line wrasse, and blue green chromis. i want to get an angel in there and some more of...
  13. yungreefer2410

To much flow?

In my 55g i'm thinking i might havd too much flow. In it i havd a koralia 4 and a koralia3 along with a mag 9.5 return
  14. yungreefer2410

reefgeek.com A+

i ordered my ati 6 bulb fixture from them about five days ago and it arrived yesterday. no broken bulbs. ordering was easy and a tracking number was supplied right away. if you need to order something, keep ReefGeek > Aquarium Supplies for Marine, Reef, and Saltwater Aquariums in mind
  15. yungreefer2410

t5 combos?

people list you preferred or t5 combos here and the color it gives. i'm going to use a 6x54w ati sunpower for my 55g and would like some suggestions. i'd like it to be in the 14k range so keep that in mind
  16. yungreefer2410

loud overflow!

on the overflow on my 55g is very loud, i have installed and made a durso standpipe so that cascading sound problem is fixed but it is still gurgaling. this is very annoying and i can't run this tank with that kind of noise. is the hole in the top too big? the water is not running is this pic btw
  17. yungreefer2410

confusion with bulkheads

i'm ordering bulkheads tonight but as always theres a problem or i'm just confused, the hole sizes in my (internal) overflow are 1 1/2 in. and 1 3/4 in. dr.fostersandsmith doesn't have one for the hole size one and 1 1/2in. am i missing something here? Standard Threaded Bulkhead Fittings
  18. yungreefer2410

koralia 2 making noises?

i took apart my k2 as i usually do to clean it. when i put it back together i had this piece left over its now making vibration noises every 10 seconds or so. any ideas?
  19. yungreefer2410

OT: Earth Hour

Did you participate in Earth Hour? My family did.
  20. yungreefer2410

spring break 09'!?!

i just wanted to know what your doing/travailing anywhere for spring break. me i'm working on the beach depending on the tourists to want to go parasailing lol. it is a lot of fun though. seems like a lot of ppl here (locals) are going to the keys (florida). just wanted to see what ppl are doing...