Search results

1. faust

My 46 bow front with no catchy thread name

looking good pimp.
  2. faust

a year later and a whole lot of ocd

for those that pmed me yes i built the stand myself and it has 3 coats of rino liner sprayed on it.
  3. faust

thanks, alot of cardboard was destroyed mocking everything up. the main thing i see on many nice tanks is a rat nest of wires underneath. that was my main goal
  4. faust

well folks its taken a year but its almost ready for water. this build was done to move the inhabitants of the 80 bowfront. i'm really happy with the way it turned out. i wanted to show off the components rather than hide them, so there will not be a skin on the stand. the skimmer and ballasts...
  5. faust

RO units...

i tried to go this route when the 200 gpd sea chem pinnicle ro unit that we have at my wifes office membrane went bad. the sea chem membranes were 119.00 each and i needed 2 of them plus there housings are different so i couldn't use a cheaper membrane. i saved money changing to the filmtec...
  6. faust

RO units...

WHEN STAGE ONE EXHAUSTS ADD NEW REPLACEMENT CARTRIDGE TO STAGE TWO AND MOVE STAGE TWO CARTRIDGE TO FIRST HOUSING. THE RESIN IN STAGE TWO ACTS AS A BACKUP UNTIL STAGE ONE IS EXHAUSTED.
  7. faust

foam and rock wall

heres after the side piece have cured. the pieces of pvc were used to hold them firmly until the silicone dried
  8. faust

RO units...

Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | Typhoon 5 stage RODI Reefkeeper 75 GPD
  9. faust

RO units...

i hate to say it but 100 just aint gonna cut it imo 150 is doable at air water ice. i hit air water ice when they had a sale and got a typhoon 3 and a dual di add for 300.00. yes there are cheaper options but they quickly pay for themselves. trying to save money buying used is a crapshoot as...
  10. faust

foam and rock wall

my wife wanted me to do so i gave it a try. honestly i was surprised how easy it is to do. the small piece that go on the outer side of the overflows are still curing
  11. faust

Creating a Reef RO / DI Water System….

its not overkill. i went the same route
  12. faust

water changing/mixing station

oh AL,lynn... i'm back with lots a new goodies. lol i really i'm loving this set up. one tank holds ro/di. the other is the mix tank. i can circulate both tanks in a emergency to mix salt and pump from both or individually if anyone wants to build one please feel free to ask ?. more than...
  13. faust

water changing/mixing station

been a while, as my job has had me jumping through hoops to the tune of 70-80 hrs a week. here is some pics of it finished, finally. the platform is 2x12 cover in frp. sadly they don't make a 22.5 degree fitting in schedule 80 so a rattle can will cover them. i added a drop off the ro port the...
  14. faust

been a lil busy

its been a while since i posted, but i'm still hard at work. i built another stand and have been added the finishing touches. i finished the top and made the panel to hold the ballasts and reef keeper. when done i should have no cords showing, i hope. my hats off to the old school way of...
  15. faust

Your light level

about the same
  16. faust

GPH / Head Pressure

yes, there are head loss calculators to help ya
  17. faust

Ammonia***** in water

Re: pissing in water i heard of clam keepers doing it. also actually saw a shop owner do it to cycle a tank. anit no way in gods green earth i'd do it. i've never done it in our pool, much less a tank.
  18. faust

i'm back

well internal affairs has cleared me of housing to many tangs. turns out they were planted in a attempt to get me kicked off the force
  19. faust

i'm back

that is all lol
  20. faust

vitamin C

your welcome, but please don't just think you can just dump this stuff in your tank. please. please!! i will make availible to those who pm me a dosing and mg to teaspoon conversion chart based on a 100 gallons, you can adjust to your tank size from there . i do a 2X a day maintenance dose. i'm...