Search results

1. Brucey

Cowrie id . . . .

Hi Guys Not a regular post'r on RS recently I'm afriad but I'm sure I'll get a lot of stick from the older members from a few years ago who remember me. Anyway chaps, can anyone id this Cowrie for me. Looks like a tiger to me but would like anyone's second opinion. Couldn't help buying him...
  2. Brucey

Just a Merry Christmas to all my RS Freinds

Hi Guys / thanks BoomerD and Travis for their emails. Hi Guys . . . this makes very sad reading "You last visited us on 10-07-2005" . . . GULP. Can it really be that long. Well, I can promise you I had no idea that long, but I just wanted to drop by and let you guys know I'm still alive...
  3. Brucey

Wanna see a BIG tank

Hi guys, i was at my monthly reef meeting last night and was told to look up this thread on the UK site ultimatereef. It's a good site really but very very busy. Anyway, this guy has to have the biggest system I have EVER seen. main tank is 17ft x 5ft x 3.5 ft main tank, a 5ft calurpa tank, a...
  4. Brucey

Help / Aquamedic LF2001C / mS of natural seawater

Hi chaps, can anybody help . . . . !!!!! My latest gadget arrived this morning, an Aquamedic LF2001 C salinity controller. All good so far. OK, so I turned it on and read the instructions and that's where I got lost. Not good. It's not a salinity controller really, more a measurer of...
  5. Brucey

Fish identification URL ?

Can anyone help with a good web page for the identification of Marine fish . . . . specifically Anthias. The web page must have pic's that I can reference too. I have a friend who has an anthias and we have no idea what it is Thanks Brucey
  6. Brucey

HA HA - We've won the Olympics in 2012

Just a gentle smile on my face watching the TV today when we beat off the Olympic favourites "Paris" to host the Olympics in 2012. I think I noticed good ol NY in there somewhere but they dropped out of the running pretty early. Brucey :jumprope:
  7. Brucey

My boy is 11 months old today

Well, this is mostly for Gina, Doni and the other girls here. But just a few pics of my beautiful baby boy who is 11 months old today. I can remember starting a thread on here 20 months or so ago telling you guys that Louise was pregnant . . . . my god, I never knew how much my life would...
  8. Brucey

PH Computer question from Newsalt

Hi Guys, Newsalt emailed me with the following question, so thought Id post the reply here in case it helps anyone else Brucey =======> Hi Brucey: I recently purchased a pH Controller form Milwaukee Instruments. I want to use it to maintain my pH at 8.4 like you do. Can you show me your...
  9. Brucey

Mr and Mrs Brucey are coming to New York

Hi guys Hey. Guess what. Me and Lou are coming to New York for a 5 day break without baby Drew for our Honeymoon. It' somewhere we've both always wanted to go and now is our chance. We planning on landing late afternoon on 18th April and leaving the following Saturday. So why am I tellin you...
  10. Brucey

SPS Coral ID please

Hi Guys, picked up this FRAG from a friend a few days back and have been unable to id it. Any takers . . . . Thanks in advance Brucey
  11. Brucey

Feeding Blue Throat Trigger fish

Hi guys. Well, I've long been a fan of the blue throat trigger fish over the years and about 6 months ago purchased a male. It never quite seemed right in itself, i.e., very lethargic etc and never ate. Over a period of 6 weeks it wasted away and died, refusing all types of live and frozen...
  12. Brucey

Methods of Water changes / Pro's & Cons

OK Chaps, just want everybody's advice on this please. I've always been a great believer in water changes. I've seen some systems that have full SPS populations, dozens of fish and yet haven't had a water change in years. The general rule of thumb tends to be . . . change approx 10-20% of...
  13. Brucey

Magnesium in the aquarium

Hi Guys, can any body point me in the right direction of a helpful URL explaining the importance of Magnesium in the aquarium. I've been a long time struggler with ALK and PH levels and have just set up a calcium reactor . . . . . which apparently should keep your mag in check . . . . but I...
  14. Brucey

KNOP HD Calcium Reactor / advice

Hi guys / girls. Well I've always been pretty keen on buying the best hardware for my Marine Tank and have a high SPS population . . . . . but for some reason have always shy'd away from calcium reactors. I guess I've heard so many stories on how difficult they are to set up and all the...
  15. Brucey

Going down the TUNZE route

OK, I've been to see a few tanks recently in my area and have been SO impressed with people that use the Tunze Stream Pumps . . . . so i've decided to ditch my 5xmaxijet 1200's Powerheads and go down the Tnuze Stream route. So last week I purchased a Tunze 6100 Stream (a monsterous 3175Gallons...
  16. Brucey

Factors affecting algae growth

Hi Chaps . . . . . I've got a problem. I've advised so many people on tackling algae problems etc etc and have never had them myself (well, apart from the initial cycle) . . . and now I'm being struck with them myself. I'm getting cyno growing on the rocks and Bryopsis growing in all the...
  17. Brucey

How much Flow is Too much Flow

Hi guys, I posted this thread on a UK website but wanted to get your opinions on it as well. I've just ditched all my 6 Maxijet 1200 Powerheads and am opting for Tunze Stream pumps which give a superior flow of water. ie, much more volume but over a far greater head size. I don't even know if...
  18. Brucey

Advice Please / TUNZE 6100 or 6080

Hi Chaps / sorry and girlies Can anyone offer me advice on these Tunze pumps. I'm replacing my maxijets with a TUNZE and want approx 8-9000Litres per hour (Approx 2200GPH). The 6080 is the cheaper unit and offers the flow rates that i want but does not look like a very flexible unit. I'm...
  19. Brucey

Coral / Fish / Invert / Critter id web pages

Hey guys / girls. Hope all are well. My laptop got stolen a few weeks back and I'm just up and running again. Buy hat did I lose . . . . all those great bookmarks to id that new fish, that new coral or that critter that crawls out of a rock. If you could spare me some of yours, I'll be much...
  20. Brucey

Roll up / Roll up / It's the Bruce'n'Craig show

LOL Anyway, totalled up my 1000th thread this morning . . . . . who says I'm supposed to be working. Brucey