Search results

1. Brucey

Cowrie id . . . .

Hi Gina. How are you and your lovely family. All well I hope. Yes, myself, Louise and Drew just returned from a vacation on the North Coast of Cornwall (I'm not sure if you know where that is in the UK) but there are some amazing coastlines and beaches. It was beautiful and the boy loved playing...
  2. Brucey

Cowrie id . . . .

Hi Wit Hi Bommer How are you boys doing. Good to see the same old faces around. Guys, you know I love it here and honest I do pop back now and again to see what you lot are chatting about . . . . . old womens club and all that. But I don't know where my life goes these days. Between working...
  3. Brucey

Cowrie id . . . .

Hi Guys Not a regular post'r on RS recently I'm afriad but I'm sure I'll get a lot of stick from the older members from a few years ago who remember me. Anyway chaps, can anyone id this Cowrie for me. Looks like a tiger to me but would like anyone's second opinion. Couldn't help buying him...
  4. Brucey

Just a Merry Christmas to all my RS Freinds

Hi Guys / thanks BoomerD and Travis for their emails. Hi Guys . . . this makes very sad reading "You last visited us on 10-07-2005" . . . GULP. Can it really be that long. Well, I can promise you I had no idea that long, but I just wanted to drop by and let you guys know I'm still alive...
  5. Brucey

sump or no sump?

A skimmer does not control algae. Sure it exports nutrients from the water columb to cut down on detritus that would then break down into amonia => nitrite => nitrate but there are other ways you should be looking at to control algae. Reducing phosphate and nitrate accumlilation in your tank...
  6. Brucey

what coral is this?

Not sure what we're looking at. If it's the purple mat just centre right it looks like closed star polyps to me . . . . but very diff with that pic . . . . Brucey
  7. Brucey

A little Favia help please

CAn you tell us what they are ???? What is the flow around the coral like and what lighting do you have. Sorry, it's like stumbling in the dark with so little info Brucey
  8. Brucey

600gal shark tank

Sorry I can't offer any advice but I would just like to say, please keep us posted as I would love to see your results. Good luck Brucey
  9. Brucey

August Photo Contest VOTING~

Great photo's everyone . . . . Voted and pleased to view your great pics Brucey
  10. Brucey

My Invintation done!!! Under $20!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL. Nice one wit Congrats mikey, wait for the wedding. Thats when you spend the $$$$$$$$£££££££££
  11. Brucey

?Old Tank Syndrome?

NTS, OTS . . . . Surely you;ve heard of BNTS and NOTS Barely New Tank Syndrome and Nearly Old Tank Syndrome Brucey :smoking:
  12. Brucey

PH's sticking to tank?

Yep, two ways to cure the problem. As said above, use cable ties . . . I used to cable mine to the stress bars pointing downwards which worked really well and you kinda lost site of them after a while. Or, if you can drain the tank down to say half way to do a water change, just put some...
  13. Brucey

Wanna see a BIG tank

LOL. Proud2Bcanadian. Yeah, common phrase over here, LOLOLOL. We all agree over here. The guy must be nuts and must have the MOST understanding wife in the world. The tank cuts his house in two, not to mention, like most said, the electric bill and what the condensation is going to do to his...
  14. Brucey

Wanna see a BIG tank

Hi guys, i was at my monthly reef meeting last night and was told to look up this thread on the UK site ultimatereef. It's a good site really but very very busy. Anyway, this guy has to have the biggest system I have EVER seen. main tank is 17ft x 5ft x 3.5 ft main tank, a 5ft calurpa tank, a...
  15. Brucey

switching substrate

Guys . . . . yes you can do it . . . . or almost anyway. I done it when I went BB. The way to avoid the dust / detritus storm is to remove the crushed coral when you do your water change. But you need to buy a large diameter hose to do it. Then get your siphon going and siphon the water and...
  16. Brucey

Good to see another UK member, welcome buddy (so are you red or blue). That's football talk guys, you know, the one with the round ball. Brucey
  17. Brucey

Help / Aquamedic LF2001C / mS of natural seawater

Thanks guys . . . if I tried to make my own I'm so rubbish at it I'd probably put the probe further out than it already is. I'll order some up tomorrow from my LFS. Hey Nikki. Thanks for the links mate. I had a real good read and I reckon I'm running my salinity WAY too low, so I'm going...
  18. Brucey

PH Probe Longevity?

Doni . . . . not the same but I've had the aquamedic one in my tank for 2 1/2 years now. Just recalibrate every 6 months . . . . . but you should never let it dry out Brucey
  19. Brucey

Help / Aquamedic LF2001C / mS of natural seawater

Hi chaps, can anybody help . . . . !!!!! My latest gadget arrived this morning, an Aquamedic LF2001 C salinity controller. All good so far. OK, so I turned it on and read the instructions and that's where I got lost. Not good. It's not a salinity controller really, more a measurer of...
  20. Brucey

OT: Funny - Are U Dumb Test!

Me Dubm . . . . . . . :-) Brucey