Search results

1. blythe

SW Fish Only Tank w/o Live Rock

I have done this for the past 10yrs of so. It isn't difficult. I have always used a slightly oversized canister filter, crushed coral substrate and fake corals for decoration.
  2. blythe

bamboo cat shark

It is sounding more and more like this is a bad idea...
  3. blythe

bamboo cat shark

Does this seem like a really bad idea, or would it be worth it to try and save it?
  4. blythe

bamboo cat shark

Thanks Guys, that is very helpfull. What reccomendations do you have as far as moving them to tanks of different sizes? She is in a 75g now, but the manager doesn't want to keep her there (she wants to give her to me for cheap) because they have had bad luck with them in the past (staff...
  5. blythe

bamboo cat shark

I guess the most pertinant info would be feeding preferences and methods for the young, and then other unique requirements for helping them thrive in an aquarium setting. I wil check out your site as soon as I post this. Thanks in advance!
  6. blythe

bamboo cat shark

Thanks! I had looked at most of those sites and found some good (and sometimes conflicting) info there, but what I can't seem to find is much first-hand experience... Thanks again Jay, I'll keep digging. Cheers!
  7. blythe

bamboo cat shark

Hey all, Long time no posts... Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on the board has had any experiences with this shark in their tanks. The LFS just got a baby female (8") and I was trying to help them out a bit, but didn't really have any first hand experience. Any help would be greatly...
  8. blythe

ID of local species

try this too. http://www.graysreef.nos.noaa.gov/mcfall.html
  9. blythe

ID of local species

I have a guide book at home that I know has it. I think it is a red beard sponge (Microciona prolifera) , but don't quote me on that just yet. :)
  10. blythe

What's your oldest fish?

My puffer, yellow tang and foxface have all been in my tank for 3+years. My FW angel is also 3yrs and I got her as a silver dollar, so she is about 3.5yrs old.
  11. blythe

Fungia ???

Mike, I have added a new shrimp that seems to be wandering around a lot on top of many of the corals. This could be part of the problem I guess. My clown hosts around the frogspawn (and gets stung a lot, not a quick learner) and tends to ignore the other corals. Hmmm...I guess I will just...
  12. blythe

Fungia ???

Hello all, My fungia had been doing great in my tank for many months. For some reason now it has stopped inflating and extending its tentacles during the day. It will inflate at night, but still won't extend its tentacles. I have moved it away from all possible corals that could be stinging...
  13. Blythe and the future Mrs. Blythe

Blythe and the future Mrs. Blythe

A recent pic of my fiancee and me after a night out
  14. 29gal FW planted

29gal FW planted

15. 20 Long nano

20 Long nano

an almost recent pic of the nano
  16. 55 gal FO

55 gal FO

Not a great shot, but here it is anyway.
  17. I'm an angry gumball!

I'm an angry gumball!

side shot of angry meatwad
  18. Angry Meatwad

Angry Meatwad

Meatwad after I saved him from the evil silk plant. Poor guy bit it and got stuck.
  19. blythe

Water change... help!!

Hey Curtswearing - Thanks for your help. He didn't make up the water, but showed me what to do. I'm actually getting on a plane in about 2 hours, so I have to do this soon. :) Judging by your comments, I think this is the bottle that I DON'T need to use. Thank you so much. That was my...