Search results

1. M

Vortech MP20 and MP40-Pretty good deal-IMO

Byrd . Can you pm me the user name for the Vortech's ?
  2. M

Had to try it . Vertex Skimmer

I can say build is the same . I have two friends with MSX's . I think the MSX with one pump is a compromise. That skimmer appears way too huge; body wise for the pump . It is on a 125 long with the model 200 . Like a 8 inch body . I can say the smaller 160 appears correct as its only a 6.5...
  3. M

Frag tank - opinons please!

Nice tank . It would need to cycle . U could help the process with Bio Digest , Microbacter etc . Take ur time .
  4. M

Replacing MH with T-5s

+ 1 on the ice cap from reef geek or PA . Or u can be lazy like me and get the Icecap preiwired kit . I had my choice of bulbs to pick too . All I had to do was take my old ones out . Mount the fixture in my hood . Screw in the bulbs . Put clips in the reflectors .Pop on the reflectors . It was...
  5. M

WTB: 72" lighting. Needed for 125g reef.

This is pretty reasonable but u'll have to get actinics and 1 more Halide for the middle . Reef Central Online Community - For Sale in NC . lighting setup ,Korallin reactor ,etc
  6. M

WTB - Calcium reactor

I am still trying to get rid of some equipment . Not sure if you are interested . Here is the link . Reef Central Online Community - For Sale in NC . lighting setup ,Korallin reactor ,etc
  7. M

It is the red slime remove that is making the skimmer froth like crazy . Make sure the return pipe is halfway out the water . Did u get it adjusted yet ? Skimmer level should be 7 inches in water . Update ... Impeller issues and new one sent from PA installed . Up and running again ...
  8. M

MH choice?

I have tried ,radium 20k, coralvue , reeflux 12k,hamilton 14k , xm 20 k 's . They tend to shift around the 9 to 10th months of use . I could swear the 12k reeflux didn't give me 6 months of good service . I do like the look of the Hamilton 14 k and the xm 20 k over the others . I prefer that...
  9. M

just got it home!

Nice ... Now that's what I call Instant Reef in a box .. well sorta ..
  10. M

Less than 40 watts .
  11. M

Catalina Aquarium Custom Light and Coral Dynamics HALIDE LED REPLACEMENT! QUICK LOOK

Re: Catalina Aquarium Custom Light and Coral Dynamics HALIDE LED REPLACEMENT! QUICK L NICE . I can't wait to see what you grow in it .
  12. M

Water Filter Suggestions Please!

I don't know if this would work but I use a Kent DI unit . It has a carbon block and 2 mixed bed resin cartridges . I hated my water bill with all that reject water even though I had a good ro/di unit (was spectra pure ) . The Kent unit works well for me . There is no waste water and it does not...
  13. M

It's not a Bubble King , ATB or WM but it didn't break the bank . I had to retire my DAS BX skimmer . I ran across this and the build is cell cast acrylic with a needlewheel pushing into a bubble plate . Was very easy to setup .Model # IN 100 .Only time will tell . The skimmer is clear acrylic...
  14. M

Help Skimmer!

Sure you can, but it would look awful weird sitting outside ur stand 4 feet in the air beside or behind ur tank . So ur choice is HOB or do the sump .
  15. M

VHO vs T5

Yep ,you can get an all T-5 fixture and have no MH and ur tank will thrive .Just make sure the fixture has individual reflectors in them . Not the parabolic type . The 13 months on the bulbs were not at NO but overdriven with an ice-cap .
  16. M

VHO vs T5

I'll take a stab at this . T-5 lighting are newer type lights that have great output if setup correctly . You can overdrive t-5's with an icecap 660*09 ballast to get more intensity out of them . EG 48 inch 54 watt bulb on this ballast outputs around 84 watts per bulb . T5's are touted to last...
  17. milii'd snd zoo's and a few others

milii'd snd zoo's and a few others

18. slimer

slimer

19. zoo's

zoo's