1. reefsmoker

Venturing in another world on reef

Welcome to rs!
  2. reefsmoker

hay all

Welcome to rs!
  3. reefsmoker

RSM 250 (65 Gal) New Set Up

Wow nice set-up, taggin along for this one!
  4. reefsmoker

Coming Soon, Billyr98's 90g tank!! He's BACK!!!

Welcome back Billy!
  5. reefsmoker

New to the forums, Wise with the reef.

Welcome to rs!
  6. reefsmoker

Gender of reefers

Dug this thread up outta the archives eh...i don't see as many of the mods here as i used to, i know Craig's got his hands full with twins so understandable.
  7. reefsmoker

question about RO

if you gonna spend 50$ on this Aquarium Water Quality: Tap Water Filter , i would go ahead and just spend 70$ more and get the real deal Premium Reef 50gpd 4 Stage RO/DI Unit: Premium Aquatics I have one of these and it's the best lil 4 stage ro\di for the money that I've found on the web.
  8. reefsmoker

Scale worm ID?

No problem at all, hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm or prove me wrong....either way i hope to help ;) As for the second part is it safe? let's just say i wouldn't have one in my tank, I've " heard " of them nuking tanks if the die, apparently the can release some pretty potent...
  9. reefsmoker

October '09 POTM VOTING!

Barb gratz!! Best looking nem i think i've ever seen!
  10. reefsmoker

Oceanic 30 cube In wall OVER THE TOP.

Do you work for NASA, lol? i swear i saw that in a space shuttle while watching discovery. All in all i absolutely LOVE how over-board the cube is, i can't wait for the wife to get home and show her what I'd like to do for my next tank, hahaha:laughroll
  11. reefsmoker

Scale worm ID?

looks more like a cucumber to me.
  12. reefsmoker

My new Cube !!!

If you don't mind me asking Robert, where did you order it from? I've been looking around and heard nothing but bad bad things about glasscages....so I'm looking for somewhere else.
  13. reefsmoker

36 gallons are hard to stock...

Sounds WAY over-stocked imo, i go with one of those fish maybe, idk though 1" of fish per 5 gal....
  14. reefsmoker

Taking off biocube14 hood

Yeah it should "pop" off pretty easy. AND Stevie you can't trash talk my home team lols - GO COLTS!
  15. reefsmoker

20 gallon zero edge look alike 3months old

But it will Fail at some point, most likely when your not home to save it...
  16. reefsmoker

Pistol Shrimp Questions

I have 2 pistols in my tank, one a candycane which is about 1" and a bullseye which is about 3". The bullseye definitely has taken snails and crabs that lingered around it's den(hole)whatever, too long, the candy cane is not really big enough to do much harm......just my experience. hope it...
  17. reefsmoker

Tank turned 49 this year

Paul man, very impressive! I think i did actually see a few of those little wormies smiling, heh I'd love to come over to your house and pick your brain, as well as read alot of those interesting books. Glad your here at RS to pass on your wisdom, Kudos for your dedication!
  18. reefsmoker

Help

Granulated Ferric oxide, it helps me keep me phosphates below .2 - in fact if i measure any at all in my tank i change it out for new. I run mine in a reactor chamber like the 150 phosban reactor from twolittlefishies. there are several products on the market, I'd do a google search and find out...
  19. reefsmoker

Can't think of a catchy title, but I'm new

There is no false floor in chamber 2, it's just a piece of plastic, like the drip tray, i took mine out as i was setting it up, it may take a knife or something as it is a tight fit. I use my drip tray, i just cut and put a piece of poly filter there and change it every other day. It may...
  20. reefsmoker

Help

These animals( immobile invertebrates) we reef keepers take care of and love are very very sensitive to Phosphates. In my opinion .10 is probably more of a concern then anything, I'd do a big water change and run GFO asap. Hope you can make some changes and save your tank inhabitants.