Search results

1. Z

Havent' been around.

Hey all, I've been pretty tied up this past week and havent' had much time to be on the forum or do much of anything. My family had a little bit of a shake up in the past week. My 10yr old niece was struck by a car while riding her bike on Wednesday afternoon. She's ok, ended up with a broken...
  2. Z

HO T-5's VS. PC

is there a reason you want a Metal halide fixture? i would really steer you away from that. I would rather see you get a LED halide and T5 supplements if you really want a lot of light in the tank you can get a 6x 24watt T5 fixture. you can find such units with moon lights and mounting...
  3. Z

HO T-5's VS. PC

There are LED's units that are HQI (metal Halide) "equivalents" I'm using such units over my 40gal breeder and have had great results. most LED HQI equivalents "replicate" a 175 metal halide bulb. while using anywhere from 42watts to 55watts of power (vs the 175watt the conventional bulb would...
  4. Z

HO T-5's VS. PC

there are 70 watt HQI lights out there but i don't think it will be enough light for your tank. There is always an LED HQI solution for you to look in to. you'll pay a little more now but save $$ in the long run.
  5. Z

BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

red planet is doing great. i can ship it in a week if you're ready for it. i just need to wait for my shippment of cooler boxes to come in. i'll post up a pic or two tomorrow.
  6. Z

BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

bigal.... do you have in your tank? lol
  7. Z

sambrinar's 75 gals office sanity

wow. these pics are hot.. everyting is looking great! As soon as i get some cooler boxes in i will be shipping you some corals bren. you have to get a vid of the flasher... i would love to see that!
  8. Z

OT: FTP clients can anyone recommend any good ones?

I'm looking for a reputable FTP client. any one got any recommendations on a FREE or low cost service?
  9. Z

Ok, how did they build this?

+1 these are great reef tanks. i am still considering one for my office
  10. Z

LED lighting

np.
  11. Z

very pretty fish brenda!! very pretty in deed.
  12. Z

LED lighting

that is the Aquarium LED (formerly known as the Coral Dynamics LED light) the designer and manufacture is a forum member here under the name CORAL DYNAMICS Here is the link to the Product page on their webpage: Product Specs the price is $369 + the cost of a mogule socket as well as...
  13. Z

Conserving energy

lol.. oh.. my bad.. i forgot to mention that it's a Hybrid Tahoe! haha.. i need a larger SUV for my business and i figured it was the more "eco" friendly way to go.
  14. Z

Conserving energy

I bought a 2009 Chevy Tahoe today. that was my contribution to conserving energy......
  15. Z

LED lighting

The Catalina light you linked in is not a suggested light for most reef tanks. It's marketed as a Freshwater or planted tank fixture. You can however use it in FOWLR applications. The two LED strips in this light put out the same amount of light as ONE of the "clustered" panels but spread over...
  16. Z

Oceanic 90 gal RR W/sump stand and retro vho kit

how far are you from the walt whitman or ben franklin bridge?
  17. Z

really? it's working for me...
  18. Z

Kudos to Zapconji

Tank. Looks great! I'm a big fan if the dual actinics 420nm/469nm lights.
  19. Z

Koralia with a wavemaker?

I have a MP20 on my 40 breeder. for the amout of money you'll spend on a K1 Controllable system ($369.00 for the controllable K1 system and $299 for the vortech) you could save $70 and get a vortech. you'll have MORE flow than with the K1 system and you'll have less stuff in the tank thus...
  20. Z

Halide/canopy question

when i had an HQI fixture over the GF's tank it had 2 4" fans. One blowing IN to the fixture and one blowing out. the direction of air was across each bulb.