Search results

1. A

Lost 2 black percs in 48 hours

Hey guys, picked up 2 black percs from my LFS 2 weeks ago or so. My qt wasn't setup at the time so i did a three hour drip aclimation in a 10 gallon bucket. From day one the fish were swimming around and eating like hogs. Both looked great, no spots or skin conditions, fat as can be and getting...
  2. A

Need help levelling my stand! Quick help!

Hey guys, i have also posted this question in my chronicle. I have a 240g perfecto and stand. They are in my basement and the tank is on the stand. When I checked to see if it was level it was leaning forward just a little bit at the top, obviously not level. I believe its from the concrete on...
  3. A

Chronicle I, Tank III: Big Reefin' Project

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew and I've been in the hobby since May of this year. I have never thought of owning a SW tank until my wife told me to get a fish tank for my 24th birthday in May, think she was thinkin somethin small and a freshwater, I decided how awesome would it be to have a...
  4. A

What do you guys think of this? Too expensive or good price?

Hey guys, I'm lookin to purchase a large tank for my basement. Here's a link to a 240 on craigslist. I'm gonna have to buy a used tank and this one just came up a couple days ago. It has a wet/dry unit in the stand and from the looks of the pictures doesn't have overflows which concerns me a...
  5. A

Cleaning my AquaC Remora

Hey guys, I have an AC Remora with the MJ1200. I'm currently battling and have been battling for some time now a cyano/ other green algae breakout. I consistently do at least a 10% water change weekly and only feed three to four times a week. A few weeks ago I switched out my substrate to sand...
  6. A

Micro bubble/dust problem?

Hey guys, as some of you have probably read I swapped out my substrate last week from crushed coral to sugar sized CaribSea sand. Currently i'm still having quite a bit of dust accumulating on the glass and on the surface, but I'm also still having problems with my skimmer(AquaC Remora with...
  7. A

Help finding a brand new tank

Hey guys, I would really appreciate it if anyone can send me some links to sites selling large tanks, I'm really looking at getting a 125 or 135 gallon. Just not sure the brand I'd wanna get. Yes this post could possibly go under the drygoods selling/buying but since I'm really looking to get a...
  8. A

Swapping out crushed coral for live sand

Hey guys, hope everyone's doing great. Well i've decided to swap out my crushed coral for CaribSea Aragonite. I've got a 46 gallon bowfront and I plan on taking out my two clowns and my two brittle stars along with my inverts and placing them and a couple pieces of live rock in a 8 gallon...
  9. A

Rod's Food

Hey guys, just purchased some Rod's Food original blend. What's the best way to use it and how much? Current live stock, lawnmower blenny and two false percs...thanks guys.
  10. A

Aquascaping, cleaning gravel, and livestock ?'s

Hey guys, I am planning on purchasing 25 lbs more of live rock and am going to need to redo my aquascaping of course. I would also like to clean my substrate. Any recommendations on cleaning my substrate(had some hermits that killed each other and there's bits and pieces of them still in the...
  11. A

Corraline growth

Last week I upgraded from a Coralife single 39w 50/50 light to a Tek Light 4x39w T5 fixture, I have them mounted atop my 46g bowfront and wow they are amazing. Currently I am running two blue plus bulbs, an aquasun 10000k and a 6500k midday. I've got the lights at almost they're highest point...
  12. A

New lights

Just got my Tek Light T5 fixture, its the 4x39w and I am currently using this setup. Front: Blue Plus Midday 6500k Aquasun Blue Plus :Back Before I had a Coralife standard fixture with a 39w Coralife 10000k 50/50 bulb. It was a nice little light but did not provide enough light and...
  13. A

Little bit of light help please

Hey guys, i ordered my 36" 4x39w Sunlight Supply Teklight T5 fixture and bracket kit last night from Reefgeek.com. I'm going to purchase my lights from them today too. I was thinking about 2 Blue Plus bulbs and the Aquasun 10000k but I don't know what to get for the fourth bulb...any input would...
  14. A

coralreefecosystems.com and t5 lights?

T5 lights from reefgeek.com Hey guys, i ordered my 36" 4x39w Sunlight Supply Teklight T5 fixture and bracket kit last night from Reefgeek.com. I'm going to purchase my lights from them today too. I was thinking about 2 Blue Plus bulbs and the Aquasun 10000k but I don't know what to get for the...
  15. A

Brittle star babies?

Hey guys, read the thread that was titled Baby Stars Everywhere, also looked at the picture of the white stars and mine are totally different! Mine look exactly like my two brittle stars, just white and are maybe the total diameter of a dime! And my wife captured an extremely awesome photo of...
  16. A

Lighting recommendations?

Hey everyone, hope everyone's having a good day. I'm really wanting to upgrade my lighting. Currently have Corallife 6000k 50/50. It a decent day light but i currently have no dusk lighting so i have to do my best to try an regulate lighting with my dimming overhead light in my living room lol...
  17. A

White dead coral?

Hey guys, when I first bought my tank it came with 3 large pieces of fossilized/dead coral? You can see them in pics of my tank. They were straight white when I got them but were soon covered in brown algae/diatoms when I got the tank home and a mini-cycle occured. I was just wondering about...
  18. A

Got my skimmer today

Well I purchased the aquaC Remora w MJ 1200 but it was a guys wife selling it and either she forgot to send the oring with it or she didn't have one. Either way I've got to come up with a new ring. Sucks cause i was really excited to get it up and running, in the mean time since i have to wait...
  19. A

Gallons per tank?

Hey guys I was just curious, i've seen some posts on here where some people have known the actuall amount of water their tank holds. I have a 46 gallon bowfront with a 1.5 inch sand bed and in between 32-34 pounds of live rock, we'll call that 33 lol, anyway are their any calculators out there...
  20. A

residue on surface

Hey this is a totally dumb question. My 46g tank is suddenly having a oilly surface residue since adding a Korallia 2 powerhead and starting to feed my fish mysis shrimp. Is this from not enough flow skimming the suface, the Korallia 2 powerhead points more at a 45 degree angle toward the middle...