Search results

1. A

Chronicle I, Tank III: Big Reefin' Project

Hey guys, quick update. Sorry no pics yet, still waitin on getting a new camera for the wife. My blue hippo is doing great, went and picked up some Zoe from the LFS and doubled the feeding for a couple days and she looks perfect, still has a couple bumps on her side but the spots that were...
  2. A

Here's some quick pics I ran across from thanksgiving. Here's our oldest baby, she's twelve and still is as athletic and rambunctiuos as all get out...as you can see by the scratch, the bruise, and the scab on her eye she later scratched off that she got from running through the woods after a...
  3. A

Quick update, been a while since I have had a chance to put one up here. Currently have a nice 3 to 3.5 inch yellow tang in quarantine, been in for two weeks as of yesterday and she's doin awesome! Also had two black misbar percs in the tank, was going to try for the multiple pairs of clowns in...
  4. A

T5 Bulb Suggestions

I have mine setup from front to back Front: Aquablue plus 6000k Midday 10000k Aquasun Aquablue plus :Back I have a 4x39w Tek Light t5 fixture, i love it, the light it puts out over my 46g bowfront is amazing! The blue from the blue +'s is simply nuts! I find that these do give a...
  5. A

Yeah, its a 72Lx24Wx31H. I love my Tek Light T5's. Its only a 4 bulb fixture tho. Would need alot more than that for how deep it is.
  6. A

Yeah they're pc's. Tryin to save up for some metal halide's but its tough around xmas with 3 kids lol! Thanks new reefer. They're 2 36" Coralife Lunar Aqualight Deluxe PC's. Its a 96w 10k and a 96w actinic 03. They came with the tank. I've got a 36" Tek Light 4x39w t5 on my 46g bowfront, would...
  7. A

Just a few crappy pictures. I'm so getting a new camera for myself for xmas! You can see my blue hippo is the largest fish in the tank at almost 3 inches. The female false perc is about the same size and the male is about a half inch shorter, the b&w percs are half there size and the chromis...
  8. A

Quick update, just went and fed everyone. The pair of black percs are staying put on the left side of the tank and the false percs are stayin on the right. There was abosuletly no squabbling during feeding time which brought all the fish together in the center of the tank. My blue hippo is...
  9. A

Quick update. Been doing doing weekly water changes of 40 gallon every tuesday night or wednesday morning(did one last night). I have had six very small green chromis for a couple of weeks now and so I decided to purchase two b&w percs(was going to wait at least a month before putting anything...
  10. A

Bluespot Jawfish - Diver's Den

My LFS has one about 2 inches long, amazing looking little guy with tons of personality. They want $130 for him, I really wanna grab him up but my 240's only been up an running for a month now, bout to break down my 46g bowfront and part it out and then i'd like to get a pair of BSJF's! That...
  11. A

so any1 have any recommendations on transferring the fish?
  12. A

That's actually the fish that I would like to be one of the center pieces of this tank, but I personally believe 6 feet isn't long enough for a larger achilles. Maybe one until its just over 3 inches long and then i would definately need an 8 foot long tank. They need tons of flow too! Anyone...
  13. A

Hey guys, just a quick update. Getting ready to test my params for the day. Its saturday for me, gotta get things tested and started mixing my water for my weekly 40 gallon water change. KU is playing tonight so I gotta get everything done before 7 o clock game time! Over the last couple weeks...
  14. A

Lost 2 black percs in 48 hours

Yes I would agree I shouldn't have listened to the LFS, but they also didn't have Cupramine which is why i got something else. The fish did have white spots that looked like it had been pulled out of the water and dipped in sugar, and that's why i thought it was marine ick but the spots only...
  15. A

Twenty nine gallon with thirty pounds of live rock and a one inch sand bed. No other fish. Tank had been up and running with bi-weekly water changes for over a month when these fish were introduced.
  16. A

Hey guys, picked up 2 black percs from my LFS 2 weeks ago or so. My qt wasn't setup at the time so i did a three hour drip aclimation in a 10 gallon bucket. From day one the fish were swimming around and eating like hogs. Both looked great, no spots or skin conditions, fat as can be and getting...
  17. A

My 265 gallon in wall reef.

Hey Vicki, tanks looks amazing! I hope that some day my 240 that I just started will soon look close to yours! I noticed a page or two back you said you didn't like how the overflow box looked and you were going to change it, I too have a hob overflow box and i don't like mine either. Kinda wish...
  18. A

best ro/di unit?

airwaterice.com, typhoon 5 stage is what I have, I have the 75g per day unit, shoulda got the 100gpd but oh well. Easy as heck to hook up and works like a charm. Hooked it up at noon and by six o clock tested the water out of the RO/Di and my normal water was 417ppm and the RO/Di water was at...
  19. A

Yeah, i've been watching their site for like a month now and it still says shipment coming soon on the fiji. If i did order any it'd only be a small box so I could patiently wait on it, wouldn't be putting my tank on hold for it. Lol, I still have almost half a brute 44 gallon can with some rock...
  20. A

Reaquascaped a lil bit tonight and added a few more pieces. Still contemplating on ordering some fiji base marco rock soon...so here's some new pictures and params for today Temp: 78 degrees Spec Gravity : 1.024 Ammonia: 1.0 Nitrite: 1.0 Nitrates: 10 pH : 8.2 Calcium : 480 Pictures...