Search results

1. R

HELP! Strange measurements in my water chemistry.

May be useful for others, searching around I found someone recommended to clean the PH meter probe in vinegar and recalibrate it. I did so and found my PH is 7.2! What is the best way to boost booth KH and PH ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. R

As mentioned 3 small fishes and 5 snails. No corals yet. Is it safe for the fish to change up to 50% ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. R

Thank you, sorry not being very clear about cycling, indeed, I saw cycle completed in three weeks, then I waited three days with zero ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate before adding any live stocks. I use RO water (TDS 5 ppm) to mix red sea coral pro salt to salinity (1.027). Measurements of my...
  4. R

Hi all, I am naw to the hobby, I used to research before doing anything, but currently I am in a situation that I don’t understand my water chemistry. I completed the cycling my 65g tank with LR; NH3 / NO2/ NO3 = 0. After 3 days, I added 5 snails, pair of small clown fish, and 1 small salarias...
  5. R

cyanobacteria or coralline during cycling ?!

I think it was my mistake topping up with saltwater not RO. 10% wc yesterday, retested today, and Mg is 1400. I see an issue with Kh 6, is that normal for beginning or should I add something? Should I consider my cycle complete or it is wise to wait for a week or two ? Sent from my iPhone...
  6. R

I don’t know how to calculate the flow, but I am have the original RS pumps 1200 & 2400 lph and two powerheads 1000gph. How can I fix high Mg ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. R

Hi all, I am new here and new to the hobby. After some research, I started with used RS max 250, that was stocked with everything by someone else but he stopped after a crisis due to temperature. Anyway, I got the tank full of live rocks, however, I kept them in a pocket for four days, did...