Search results

1. semigodd154

need a push in the right direction for lights

I have an 8 week old 44 gallon tank all cycled and ready to go. BUT!!! I've been away for awhile and not sure the direction I want to go livestock wise. So I want to get lights that will allow me the flexibility to do whatever livestock I want without breaking the bank now or with the electric...
  2. semigodd154

hello again

Well this is the first post i've had here in over 3 years. I was out of the hobby for a long time after the death of my son. I needed to step away and heal I have done this now and i'm back trying to get wet again. So hopefully I can contribute to this little community and get to know everyone...
  3. semigodd154

wtb calcium reactor

I'm tired of dosing and want to try out a calcium reactor since i've never used one b4 i would prefer a used setup so i know all parts are included TIA Shaun
  4. semigodd154

best way to attatch sps.

In doing what is best for coral reefs I am only doing captive frags however am i the only one who cant stand the silly little plugs? Do you guys mount your frags with the plugs or break the frags off? Also do you use super glue or epoxy or what? just curious to me the plugs look like crap and...
  5. semigodd154

WTB: 1/2" Sea swirl

Hello all I need to purchase a 1/2" Sea swirl for my 47g column tank so if you know of anywhere that might have these for sale i'd appreciate it preferably used because this is somewhat old technology but the vendors i've seen still want an arm and a leg for them. TIA Shaun
  6. semigodd154

Hamilton reefstar pendant

Has anyone used these lights they are made by hamilton technologies the one im looking at is a 250w HQI low profile with a 14k bulb I currently have a sunpod with a 150w 14k bulb and color is awesome any feedback will be appreciated TIA Shaun
  7. semigodd154

Seahorse question

I set up a new tank a couple of months ago a 29g mainly to be a softie tank with the option of adding clams the lighting is a 20" sunpod 150 7" above the water I've been tossing the idea around of having some ponies in this tank but i need to get a handle on how much current the tank should have...
  8. semigodd154

closed loop question

I recently picked up a 37g column tank 20x18x24 i'm thinking I want to do a closed loop due to the lack of width and not wanting to run a sump or having a dozen power heads all over the place could i get some suggestions on where to place the holes for the water to go out as well as for the...
  9. semigodd154

Anybody got an ark?

Lot of rain here in the northeast. Many people here being evacuated i'm lucky in live in a part of town on a big hill but there are thousands in the surrounding areas that arent as lucky there have been 2 dams here that burst. So if you could take a few and think about som os these people and...
  10. semigodd154

Anemone question

I have a GBTA that has been in my tank for about 5months when i got it, it was the size of a tennis ball now almost 8 inches across. color is good and it is healthy here is my problem. The only way i can see it is from the back lower corner of the tank it has never been exposed to my lighting...
  11. semigodd154

hello again

Hello everyone it has been along time since i have posted i dropped from the hobby a few years ago after my son passed but i have returned and look forward to sharing this hobby with you all again. I feel like i have been lostwithout everyone here i knew at one point so now i need to get...
  12. semigodd154

so you think you had a bad day?

How about waking up (late) to find you had a power outage on your way to the doctors office to have a tube placed in a part of your body that is definately only meant to be an exit. then proceed 5ft to the left and get zapped 3000 times by a laser to break up a 13mm foreign object AKA (kidney...
  13. semigodd154

I finally got my RBTA

I went to my lfs this morning and as promised i was given my new RBTA free of charge it was also attatched to chunk of nicely colored LR that weighs 2-3 LBS so no complaints on my part. And as if the RBTA wasnt enough to make my day I have a friend of mine who was there shopping and told me he...
  14. semigodd154

started getting live stock for FOWLR

I got her royal majestys purple tang (free) for doing a tank service he/she is about 5 1/2-6in long and nice and fat . 2in undulated trigger $21 also eats well 5in subadult emporer angel just starting to change color just getting a little yellow on the dorsal fin this fish has been at the...
  15. semigodd154

Well some moderately bad news

I went to my lfs this afternoon to get my rose and walked in to find out it wasnt there come to find out that the owner special ordered it for someone and the guy picked it up before i got there so i told the owner about the stupid employee who sold it to me for $15 and he said oh really he...
  16. semigodd154

OMG finally...

after 2 years and countless times of seeing adds for $200-$300 and seeing other people posting pics of the ones they get I am finally getting an RBTA in the morning as soon as the LFS opens i'll be there I paid for it tonight but i decided to wait till i could rearange the tank abit before it...
  17. semigodd154

stupid question buttt!!!

I know the new forum is called reef chronicles but does that mean we cant post pics of FOWLR setups (ducking now so as not to get hit with any foreign objects :D just thought i would clarify since i'm not to bright anyway lol:hammerhea
  18. semigodd154

I need some suggestions please

Here is the situation The boss (my fiance) says i can set up a new tank now here is the kicker it has to be FOWLR and the stock list has to be centered around a purple tang (zebrasoma xanthurum)the tank is a 150g (48x24x30) it will have a 65g sump/fuge and a rather large skimmer the tank will be...
  19. semigodd154

SPS question (kinda long)

I was given a 1in frag of acropora about 3 months ago that was broken off the main colony during a move as far as color goes it was a muddy brown looked close to dead but I am a softie so i took it. Now here is my question after the time i have had the coral it has grown to about 3in and 8...
  20. semigodd154

Not sure where to start sorry its long

Ok here is the situation a lot of the members here will recognize me from RAG back before this site started when this site started i became a member just to move with the family so to speak. Well as you can see by my post count I havent been terribly active on the boards and there has been a...