Search results

1. B

This Old Truck

Hello everyone! I've been here a long time now and have gotten so busy I've lost touch. I wanted to drop in and invite the reefing community to listen to a brand new song I wrote called ''This Old Truck''. If you're a fan of country music, I hope you enjoy. If you're not a fan, I hope you enjoy...
  2. B

210 Oceanic

210 Oceanic reef ready tank, black stand, black canopy, 4 250watt mogul metal halide retros, IceCap ballasts (one ballast is not working), 4 6' VHO actinics, phos-ban reactor. Will sale everything listed for $1,600. The tank alone is worth that. Pickup is in Manchester, TN. Or, delivery can be...
  3. B

Hello All!

Hey guys. My name is Tanner Flowers and I am associated with the Chattanooga, TN reefing community. I have been coming to reef sanctuary for over five years now! I also am a country music songwriter. I wanted to come here and invite you all to listen to a few new songs we recorded yesterday. The...
  4. B

Heater problems!!!!

I just got out of bed and my tank was 90 degrees! How anything is still alive I don't know. I cut the fans on and when I checked the sump, the heater was running full blast. I had it set on 72 degrees and it was still hot as crap. It's an All Glass brand heater and it's only six months. I'm...
  5. B

Update: Pics of my 29 growing a bit!

I just took some pics and thought I'd share with you guys. It's nothing special, but a friend hooked me up with five new sps frags last week and they're doing great. I've also added more rock. Anyway, here's the pics. Hope you enjoy. I put a dead piece next to this one so it will...
  6. B

How do u frag a mushroom rock?

I just tried to frag a large hairy mushroom rock. It had like eight heads on it. I took a screwdriver and hammer and just basically busted the rock. Most of the mushrooms were ok, but a few were split right through the center of themselves. Will they live? And, what would be the best way to do...
  7. B

Little clam help please.....

My clam looks AWESOME.......on the left side:( My tail spot blenny's cave is right next to the right side of the clam. With the fish coming and going alot, it keeps my clam closed up on its right side. I was going to move it to another spot, but it has a death grip where it's at and I was afraid...
  8. B

Updated pics of new setup 11-25-08

Here's quite a few new pics pf the little 29g setup. I had to redo my rock work this past weekend because I can't leave well enough alone. Oh well, I like it better this time anyways. Well, hope you guys enjoy what little bit there is in there to look at...
  9. B

Anyone order from Extreme Corals?

I was checking out our sponsors and have been looking at Extreme's website for a few days now. I noticed if you become a member of their buyers club, they give out some pretty good deals. Corals look good online. Have any of you guys ordered from them before. If so, what was your experience...
  10. B

Just repalced 14k to a 20k

I love how all the corals are now ''glowing'' more. Especially all the greens, blues, and oranges. However, I can tell a big difference in brightness. The 14k bulb literally lit the whole bedroom up. My question is, since both bulbs are 250w, are they both putting out the same amount of light...
  11. B

Clam question

I purchased a small clam this weekend at the lfs. I put it about mid way down and in the middle of my tank. It's a 29 gallon tank and my lighting is an Icecap 250w mh 14k. It has been opened up well until today. I noticed when I gor home it was about half way opened instead of fully opened. I...
  12. B

DIY Phytoplankton

Could anyone be so kind and show me how to build my own phytoplankton maker. All I know is I need some sea salt, a light, an air stone, and some 2 liter bottles. Any help would be appreciated. I really want to make one. Thanks. Post pics of yours if you got time.
  13. B

Clown Goby M.I.A.

I get home from work and go to check out my tank and there's no sign of my clown goby. I check the run off box because he's already been siphoned twice. Not there. I do a small feeding and he didn't show. I searched the floor, the sump, and nothing. I'm starting to think somebody ate him. I have...
  14. B

Should I buy some actinics?

I am currently running an Icecap 250w MH pendant (14k) on my 29 gallon. I was thinking of buying some actinics. What would you guys recommend? I really miss that glowing effect an actinic will give when your main light cuts off at night. Possibly, I may order some actinics and l.e.d.'s...
  15. B

Picked up a few goodies today!!!!

First off, I got this little clown goby, gold striped maroon, yellow watchman with pistol shrimp (pair), a couple hairy mushrooms (haven't opened fully yet), two little super mans, an orange riccordea, and a green riccordea, and here's a few...
  16. B

Fish feeding questions?

I was wondering how often you feed your fish. Everyone has their own opinions on this topic, I was just wondering how often you guys do it. Everyday? Every other day? Twice a day? Let's hear it. Me personally, I feed usually every night. Then I'll skip a day evry week or so.
  17. B

New setup pics

Here's a few pics of the new 29 gallon I just set up.
  18. B

New setup pics

see other thread
  19. B

Posting pictures?

I know I've been on here for years, but I've never done it. How do I post pictures?
  20. B

Will this skimmer fit?

I am trying to get a new skimmer for a customer, but we are limited on space in her sump. The sump is and Oceanic Reef Ready Model 1. The skimmer I am looking at ordering is a Fission Power Protein Skimmer. You can check it out at www.thatpetplace.com. The dimensions on the skimmer are L-12''...