Search results

1. dgasmd

The Ultimate Reef

Those pictures were hosted by a friend's site. When he moved the site to another server, they were all gone along with a few hundred pictures I had there. I still ahve the large file version of all those pictures in my computer, but sitting down to re-size them all again is not on my agenda...
  2. dgasmd

SPS pics

Chris: Can you post a link to that dip you are talking about? I looked in Tyree's site and can't find anything about it except the lugol dip he recommends for the acros.
  3. dgasmd

Playa's Reef

I heard through the local grape vine he has had some major and serious personal and family issues, for which I would like to say I pass my sympathies. Keep the chin up and move on man. Life goes on. As far as his tank goes, they believe he does not even have it set up anymore. After the...
  4. dgasmd

SPS pics

Chris: Did you get rid of the monti eating nudis? How? I ahd those freaking things and either killed or made me throw out my rainbow monti, superman monti, leng sy cap, and every other cool monti I had. I have been very hesitant to start adding montis in fear of getting them again.
  5. dgasmd

Mystery wrasse question

I would say sell it. Setting up another tank for a single problematic fish is an inpractical proposition in my book. I ahve one these guys that I bought at the LFS. He is very peacefull, but they did tell me they get aggressive towards other wrasses. That alone is the reason I have not bought...
  6. dgasmd

750g SPS tank

oldsaint: Come on by. Just tell the girl at the ticket booth that you know me and she'll knock a 10% off the admission LOL................
  7. dgasmd

750g SPS tank

I've been around. Just not posting as often these days LOL................
  8. dgasmd

750g SPS tank

Well, since I already started a thread elsewhere about the tank, I will post a link to it instead of trying to do it all over again here. Enjoy and I welcome comments and questions. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5253 :bigbounce :bigbounce :bigbounce
  9. dgasmd

Looking for large pump

Spooda420: Well, I have a deal for you. I'll send you a PM.
  10. dgasmd

180 The Simple Way

Travis: Your set looks good. If you want to add invertebrates and go cheap, do what the rest of us do: buy them online via reeftopia.com Very cheap and good. Never had a DOA with hundreds literally of stuff shipped. Softies and LPS are great and certainly have very different requirements...
  11. dgasmd

harelequin shrimp

Awesome shrimp. Great behavior. I ahd 6 in my previous tank. Hardly ever saw them except for when I would add the sar fish to the tank. It is like they could smell it the moment it hits the water. They may become very territorial as they pair up or when eating. I quickly found that if I added...
  12. dgasmd

FIRE!!! Yikes!!!

Curt: Another tip is to try to put all your electrical outlets and connections in the complete opposite side of the room where water is the least likely or impossible to get to. Somehow somewhere down the road, you (as we all do) will have a flood. This way water cannot get to the electrical...
  13. dgasmd

FIRE!!! Yikes!!!

Curt: Glad to see this had the better outcome of the 2 possible ones. When I got an electrician to do my extra breakers for the tank, I asked him to build me a large box with 40 or so outlets. He laughed and told me I would be wasting a huge amount of money if I did that. I told him what...
  14. dgasmd

Schooling fish

Just so you know, most if not all fish that school will eventually stop schooling in your tank. They may ahng out together for the most part or just sometimes, but they will stop schooling. The schooling behavior is something adopted by fish in natural environments to avoid predation. They will...
  15. dgasmd

Tavis, Your Expertize needed!

No coffee?? What are you made of? You can't be a real man LOL.......... Not drinking coffee is a felony is some countries LOL............. Very nice shot though.
  16. dgasmd

Macros ( Round One )

what camera is that again??
  17. dgasmd

Fish Pictures.. ( trying )

Very very nice pictures
  18. dgasmd

Hurricane FRANCES

I am in West Palm. My story refers to when I was living in MD and this was in the middle of summer by the way. The final solution was to run extension cords from a guy's house about 3 blocks from me. He had power. I found a small fan to hook up to that and run it over the tank. Ingenuity is the...
  19. dgasmd

Hurricane FRANCES

Re: ok... I hate to sound like a d...k in a moment like this, but I have to second Piero here. The first thing I noticed when I moved to FL only 3 months ago was that the power flickers and goes out for a few minutes here and there from time to time when there is a pretty good storm (almost...
  20. dgasmd

MACNA speaker session. Very disappointed!!

Scrooge: I think you completely misunderstood. Nobody is complaining because they have too many speakers. As a matter of fact I referenced to the point that all the speakers and their topics are great, but unfortunately attendees will only get to hear 1/3 of it because they are all going 3 at...