Search results

1. jjohnson3

Jjohnson3's reefing passion...

Well Guys and Gals....bad news...... I had to get rid of my tank:( I will be selling my light soon so if anyone is looking for a 36 inch Nova Pro just tell me.
  2. jjohnson3

First Anemone?

I would not reccommend any anemone for anyone unless their tank is at least 6-9 months. The reason for this is so that your tank has stabalized enough to ware there is no major swings in chemistry and that you as the aquarist know how to keep basic organisms alive. Dont let all of this strike...
  3. jjohnson3

April '09 POTM Contest!

I think you will have an awesome chance with this pic Nicole! :)
  4. jjohnson3

Do Corals Need To Be Fed?

I feed my LPS corals brine about twice a week. My polyp extension is crazy! My open brain that I bought was about 2.5 inches. Now its about 4 or 5 inches wide open!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive had it about 3 months.
  5. jjohnson3

UK team builds robot fish to detect pollution

I am a fan of technolegy so I'd have to say its a pretty good idea. Especially if it does find pollution. If it did find some, it could save millions of life forms under the surface and above the surface of the ocean.
  6. jjohnson3

how long for cycle

My cycle took 2 months. I used live sand and uncured live rock or at least that what they sold me.
  7. jjohnson3

hello wat kind of anemone can u get in a 24g tank

The only anemone I would reccomend for your tank is a mushroom anemone. They are actually corals not anemones, but it is nice to see the tag say "Mushroom Anemone" and you can actually make it thrive! Clowns might host it as well...
  8. jjohnson3

Maintaining a steady calcium level!

When I had my torch I fed it brine shrimp when I fed my fish. They seemed to like it and grew a little bit I think...
  9. jjohnson3

Is this a coral on my astrea?

Maybe some form of brain?
  10. jjohnson3

Down Sizing

Do you have a skimmer on that 90? I might be interested if its nice/good condition/right price. I really need one!
  11. jjohnson3

Nah. I was actually working. I told my dad that we HAVE to go to Talahassee, Florida so we can eat Olive Garden. He didnt fall for it. Pics today!
  12. jjohnson3

Metal Halides - What is too much?

I would try 2 400W halides.
  13. jjohnson3

gray on sand

yep...thats what i have. maybe someone knows what it is!
  14. jjohnson3

ReefGeek good experience

Nice! Looks like a nice bulb combo...I might be ordering bulbs soon
  15. jjohnson3

gray on sand

That sounds like mine...Does it have a texture like jelly almost?
  16. jjohnson3

My 150g set up....

I love your rockwork! Looks like a nice tank to do SPS?
  17. jjohnson3

gray on sand

Does it look like cyano...but only grey? If so then I am interested too because its on my sand and rock as well.
  18. jjohnson3

Hey Guys and Gals, Once again I have had a busy busy time. Currently I am in Tifton, Ga. Pics are coming soon
  19. jjohnson3

Am I Overstocked?

It doesnt sound like your overstocked. Answering these questions will help us 1. How much Live rock? 2. How much live sand? 3. What are your paramaters? 4. How old is your tank and is it cycled? Good luck!!!!!!! WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. jjohnson3

Nova Extreme Pro T-5

I honestly believe that I could keep whatever I want with my Nova Pro with the exception of some of the specimens that are the most light demanding such as sebae anemones, some sps, maxima and crocea clams. If they were in the top 1/4 of my tank I think they would have enogh light to thrive.