Search results

1. C

Help Plz-catching fish for tank in ocean/brackish

hey my fellow reefers, ive heard of people catching sea cucumbers, and small fish in brackish water and in the ocean. my ? is, how do i go about this? with a trap or net? plz let me know. Thanks
  2. C

Using rock from 50ft off beach- PLZ HELP

het fella's today in cetral florida the tide was very low. I got about 10 pounds of rock very clean looking. i was wondering if i can use it my qt tank. Or do i have to dry it and cure it first? Ive kept it wet. thanks for the help.
  3. C

PLZ help, Clown fish went blind last night

hey fella's, about 2-3 days ago i noticed that my clown had what looked like "dried" skin or slim on its front 1/3 of its body, and noticed that he lost his appitiete. now last night i noticed he wasnt on his mushrooms that he host to were he is 100% of the time after dark. i turned on the...
  4. C

can i use apoxy to hold down montipora?

hey my fellow reefers, can u use tank safe apoxy PUTTY to hold down a montipora frag? thanks
  5. C

Help. Need to lower temp 4 degrees/no chiller

hey fella's, i recently got a mh light and now my tank is running at about 80-82 at the end of the day. i dont have the money to purchase a chill at this point in time. what can i do to lower the temp.. i already have a fan in between the light and tank.. thanks
  6. C

help-xenia looks like 1/2 of it melted overnight

hey fella's when i woke up this morning 1/2 of my pink pom pom xenia's foot is gone/really messed up.. hes still pulsing really fast but look seriusly sick.. temp 76 everything else is dead on. thanks
  7. C

how fast does monitpora grow?

hey my fellow reefers, im purchaseing a frag of montipora saturday and i was wondering how fast they grow? my water parms. are alway dead on the money, have lots of flow and 250watt metal halide w/ 2 65watt compact floros.. thanks
  8. C

need a good site for coral placement. thx

hey fella's, im looking for a good site to find out tank placements for my softies. thanks u can see my list of them in my signature
  9. C

What are the chances of my box fish releasing toxins?

Hey Everyone, Just purchased a box fish from the LFS. They told me that it was reef safe and it was a good fish for my tank.. Come to find out, it is not totaly reef safe and it can release deadly toxins and kill everything in the tank if it dies or gets stressed out. Any thoughts on...
  10. C

PLZ Help Still Have Problems w/ new 10gal reef

hey fella's, Posted a ? b4 on this. I started a new 10gal reef for my mom. tank cycled for about 3 weeks. 10 pound live rock 15pounds live sand aqua clear 70 filter filled w/ LR and carbon 130watt corallife light 50gph powerhead the leather coral, tourch coral are doing well...
  11. C

Can i Cut the "brace" on the top of the tank?

Hey i just purchased a new fixture which ha the MH bulb mounted in the middle.. i have a 28gal euro sytle tank. there is a black plastic bar the runs from front to back on the tank. is this a brace or just something to help hold the lid? thanks
  12. C

Moms new 10gal reef- somethings wrong. HELP

hey fella's, I started a 10gal reef tank about a month and half ago. Heres the setup: 10Gal Auqaclear 70 - Used Sponge and filled with liverock 15 Pounds live sand 10 Pounds Liverock 100watt's Compact Floro Light Nitrite, Nitrate - 0 Ammonia - Had a Smigen then did a 4gal Water...
  13. C

will a MH bulb give same color as 10000k & atinic?

hey, im going to upgrade to a 175 mh from my 10,000k compact and a atinic blue compact. will my colors look as vibrent with the mh. or do i have to have a blue compact to?? or does the mh cover both spectrums? thanks
  14. C

looking for a cheap place to buy hood/reflector

hey, im looking to find a pendent/hood/reflector to mount a MH bulb.. ive found some for like 120.00.. any ideas? thanks
  15. C

What type of leather coral is this? plz

hey fella's, what type of leather coral is this please. thanks
  16. C

hey Icstorc

hey lcstorc , i see your from cocoa.. small world im from melbourne.. lets get together and trade some frags.. you answered a couple of my posts..
  17. C

Will mushrooms sting or kill my green star polyp's

here's another ? I have a small frilly mushroom glued to a rock that my green star polyps started to spread to. there almost touching.. i want the star polpys more then the mush... or will they just grow around it? thanks
  18. C

Will mushrooms sting or kill my green star polyp's

i have a small frilly mushroom glued to a rock that my green star polyps started to spread to. there almost touching.. i want the star polpys more then the mush... or will they just grow around it?
  19. C

How to put this? sand is getting dirty under surface. help

hey, my tank is 3 months old.. where i can see on the glass under the surface my sand is dirty in spots.. this is normal i assume.. can i just aggitate it or NO.. i was thinking of just moving it around to release the crap into the water to get filtered out.. or do i have to siphon it...
  20. C

Help Fraging Finger leather

hey, do i cut off a finger, or cut the whole thing in half? im assuming u cut off a finger.. thanks